• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

IvorB

Nice- thx for the link. So a little confused: are those npc's in the video or coop partners?

Is this a full sp campaign or like destiny? Looks great btw. Wonder if this will really drop in 2014.

Yup, looks pretty great :). It's a mix of NPCs and other players from the looks of it. If it drops this year it will surely be at the end of the year. It's not gonna be any time soon though.

Obviously the IQ will be worse on consoles, but apart from that it looks certainly possible and real. Too bad it is still only a vertical slice...

BehTRx7CQAEQiAa.png:orig

BeMs8OECQAAno_V.png:orig

BehDsv0CIAANWR3.png:orig

Looks amazing OP, here's hoping the game doesn't experience the same shocking visual/gameplay downgrade as Tom Clancy's:Future Soldier.

Tagyhag

I want this game to look as good as it did at E3, but lest we forget, this is Ubisoft you guys.

Oh well, fingers crossed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I get nothing but nice visuals from these screens.

Want to see more about the game play and how the online will work.

20cent

Banned
Lol at the "bullshot" claims, console gamers should be aware that something else exists beside the PS4/X1....no, not the WiiU.... the PC.

BulletTheory

Neo Member
Another Tomb raider then with downgraded graphics but same price tag.

wut?

Anyway this looks great, I know people are screaming bullshots but I wouldnt be surprised to see this kinda graphical fidelity in plenty of next gen console games in the future, remember really we're still only playing launch titles.

SJRB

Gold Member
I mean like a real singleplayer campaign, I'm guessing the offline mode is just gonna be against bots or something?

There is no offline mode. It is an online RPG, the online aspect is an integral part of the game. He means that you can play the game on your own, you're not required to team up with other players if you don't want to.

Amazing at the downgrades present in these new pics, both to IQ and to geometry. Ubisoft truly are the masters of deception. They must use the most overpowered pcs known to man to initially showcase these games...

FirewalkR

Obviously the PC version. The PS4 can maybe do this in 900p, and the One probably can - in 720p at best. May have to play this one on PC

Having played the beautiful The Last of Us recently, I'm confident Naughty Dog can do better than this (minus insane anti-aliasing) at 1080p on the PS4.
And since TLoU/Uncharted games are not open world, at 60fps.

Lol at the "bullshot" claims, console gamers should be aware that something else exists beside the PS4/X1....no, not the WiiU.... the PC.
Pfffwhaha... Jesus...

Annnnnnnnnnyway, i'd love to see actual new gameplay... Hopefully before e3. It looks amazing and it could also be an amazing game to play with friends. Almost like a competitive terrorist hunt.

Kimppis

Having played the beautiful The Last of Us recently, I'm confident Naughty Dog can do better than this (minus insane anti-aliasing) at 1080p on the PS4.

Yeah, it's amazing that people already know what PS4 will capable of when maxed out at 1080p.

And those screenshots look great, but are they really that much better than KZ: SF, for instance? But hey, what do I know...

Grief.exe

I mean like a real singleplayer campaign, I'm guessing the offline mode is just gonna be against bots or something?

There is not going to be any offline interaction, they have said both Destiny and Division will be balanced for those that want to run through the game solo.

-Deimos

There is a story in the game. The way it works is that parts of the map are 4 player coop and other parts allow even more than 4 players. You always have the choice of playing offline, but when you do go online, those are the player counts. The switch from coop to mmo areas is seamless as well.

Leb

Are you, by any chance, a resident of the state of Colorado and a supporter of Colorado Amendment 64?

Top Bottom