• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division- new screenshots

Grief.exe

Will DAYZ look like this in the final version? Looking at these screens reminds me of DAYZ

DayZ will never look that good.

The developers have said that they will drop some DX11 features over from the RV4 engine (aka ARMA 3), but it is still based off of an old engine and map.

2nd pic is artwork, first pic has bullshot written all over it, third pic seems to be in-game.

I don't think you guys know what a bullshot is.

They are just the games run in ridiculously high resolution on a PC, then downsampled to a smaller resolution. All of these shots are taken in-game whether you believe it or not.

Welcome to PC gaming.

This works better than what I typed anyways.

iP836RpuSgFa7.gif

They are all in game and all have pretty obvious aliasing.

Welcome to PC gaming.

Welcome to PC gaming? lol. A bit late but thanks I guess.
Of course the IQ in the first pic can be obtained if you have the hardware for it, maybe bullshot isn't the right word but yeah, that's not how it will look for most people.
I have serious doubts about the second pic but I'm no expert.

Concept17

Doesn't seem to be as much geometry in the environments now :(

That illuminated smoke/fumes.

On the other hand, the geometry on the streets looks quite simple. Should have more debris, accumulated trash, displaced elements that make it more alluring.

Is there release date/quarter for PC?

What? You can see a small portion of the street. There is such a thing as too much clutter.

Just, what?

It's like people will find ANYTHING to speak negatively about.

Not to sound to negative and I'm sure it's already been mentioned but...

I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable downgrade that we'll see at E3 this year for PS4 and XBox One. Fool me once, UbiSoft, fool me dozens of times...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The IQ will obviously be downgraded, but if they can keep the effects, textures and environmental detail at this level I will be happy.

Why should the IQ be an obvious downgrade? Already has worse IQ than KZSF judging by these screens.

If we are getting these quality graphics day one of launch, @1080p 40fps, is anyone REALLY that surprised we will get games like Division, and better a year later?

Why should it get a downgrade? Just because Ubi is publishing? No. Massive is developing this, and they have a great track record of pushing new tech to its limits.

Hmmmmmmm................the leg is not reflected in the water. Come on, Ubi. This is not acceptable.

I may have to reconsider my pre-order.

He lifts his leg. I think it IS reflected.

The jaggy shadow on the door is more of a problem it seems...

IQ was not the only thing that was downgraded in watch_dogs, i would expect the worse if i were you.

let's just wait untill the game releases, shall we?

eot

Banned
Why should the IQ be an obvious downgrade? Already has worse IQ than KZSF judging by these screens.

If we are getting these quality graphics day one of launch, @1080p 40fps, is anyone REALLY that surprised we will get games like Division, and better a year later?

Why should it get a downgrade? Just because Ubi is publishing? No. Massive is developing this, and they have a great track record of pushing new tech to its limits.

Your artifacted jpegs have terrible IQ.

Grief.exe

They went a little nuts with the DOF effect.

AndyD

aka andydumi

Because its third-party multi-platform with a new engine on a new set of consoles. I am not holding my breath for anything approaching KZ for a few years from third parties.

Call me jaded, or pessimistic, but it will take some actual games to convince me that devs are doing better this gen, not screenshots and promises.

vio

Somehow it looks like Battlefield 4, just better. I think it`s the lighting.
Also, leg IS REFLECTED.

-Winnie-

Hmm, I wonder if AC5 will be using this engine. AC4 on next-gen is pretty at times, but it's clearly held back by the old engine.

How many engines does Ubisoft have going around anyway?

Grief.exe

I love how PC screenshots are still labelled as bullshots, so amusing.

Well console gamers are just getting a taste of 1080p for the first time.

Meanwhile many PC gamers are researching 1440p or even 4k monitors. I'm looking for the former in an OLED variety.

Breemin

I was so hoping this would be a 3rd person. I would love to play this game but I just cant play FPS games anymore since they make me dizzy and sick.. I feel left out...

Sendero

What? You can see a small portion of the street. There is such a thing as too much clutter.

Just, what?

It's like people will find ANYTHING to speak negatively about.
PR screenshots are meant to be taken under "intend of purpose" light. They are pointing us to elements we should take notice. So, we are commenting on those: The street in 2nd picture has a very basic geometry overall. That's all.

I have seen the video trailers, so, I'm well aware that the initial section (where these pictures where apparently taken) are supposed to contain more "stuff" ongoing on those streets. It's just that I expected more interesting elements shown on manually selected pictures.

Top Bottom