• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Free Play Weekend Starting Wednesday (PS4/PC, XB1 later)

I'm getting the physical release for Christmas, so I may download this to get a head start and those extra crowns (I assume they'd carry over).

Sale is up.

Canadian Vanilla version is $13.19 and $39.99 for the Gold edition.

I had around $20 in credit so I decided to go right for Gold. Now I can trade my physical copy that I bought for $15 a few weeks ago.

I already had an account, I guess there was no way to get those 500 crowns for participating in the free to play.

Loudninja

black070

I already had an account, I guess there was no way to get those 500 crowns for participating in the free to play.

I was in the same boat, unfortunately not - though I picked up the Gold Premium Edition so I got 5,500 crowns from that.. though will all 4 DLC included I guess I'll just save it for the next expansion.

Does the gold also include One Tamrial? Or do you need to buy both to get the opened benefits of that?

After I bought Gold the vanilla edition shows as purchased.

Edit: I think One Tamriel was a free content update. Tamriel Unlimited seems to refer to the vanilla edition.

Jamesways

I'm well into Skyrim again but this looks to be a lot of fun too. Excited to try it tonight.

I'll probably just get the gold version tonight. More Elder Scrolls sounds great, doing some research on this it seems like a different game than at release.

Lanrutcon

Level with me.

I already play FFXIV and WoW.

What does ESO do better than those games? It's a goddamn 70 gig download.

Laiza

I took one look at the boobplate armor design and went "No. Hell no. The fuck are you doing, artists?"

Also, I remember how awful the combat was in the beta and I already know that nothing they could have done short of a complete overhaul would have changed that for me.

I do kind of want to mess around with the character creation again, but it's not worth downloading 67GB (that's over 1/10th of my entire monthly bandwidth cap!) just to mess around with.

I feel like folks have far too low standards for games like these. There's just not a whole lot that they actually do well. When even the core gameplay loop is so facile and dull, I just can't imagine how anyone bothers.

Level with me.

I already play FFXIV and WoW.

What does ESO do better than those games? It's a goddamn 70 gig download.

From what I have played it's not as good as FFXIV at least. Still, I like the idea of having an MMO on the backburner that isn't taking my money when I'm not playing it. I may go back to FFXIV at some point. My favourite MMO.

Kalentan

I took one look at the boobplate armor design and went "No. Hell no. The fuck are you doing, artists?"

Also, I remember how awful the combat was in the beta and I already know that nothing they could have done short of a complete overhaul would have changed that for me.

I do kind of want to mess around with the character creation again, but it's not worth downloading 67GB (that's over 1/10th of my entire monthly bandwidth cap!) just to mess around with.

I feel like folks have far too low standards for games like these. There's just not a whole lot that they actually do well. When even the core gameplay loop is so facile and dull, I just can't imagine how anyone bothers.

Your basing your opinion off of the Beta from 2014? The game has changed quite a bit in the last bit sure.

Better than FFXIV? I think the quests and writing are better, which is saying a lot because FF14 has some great quests. I think combat in FF14 is better, but ESO's is more dynamic and may scratch an itch that's hard to find in an MMO (more action based). Lore is a wash, but I think both games do it well.

Top Bottom