• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim... coming to PS4 and Xbox One? (Bethesda: Nope)

ReaperXL7

Who were the devs that ported Oblivion to PS3? They did a decent job with that so I kind of hope its them and not Bethesda....

Would be nice if we could get someone on twitter to confirm, or deny this...but they wont.

I just got it on PC and am still playing it. I also have it on PS3.

Can't see myself buying it again, but it would be good for those that haven't bought it that wants it.

If it allowed the Steamworks styled mod support of just subscribing at a clicking of a button, it would be brilliant!

I'm going through the game right now, I subscribed to a mod that lifted the weight limit to a ridiculous height and I think I'm fairly addicted, feels just so freeing to pick up whatever I want now, 90+ hours in and I barely did half of the main quests, lol. There is just simply so much things to do see and do for just to do only the main quests. It's so much game!

fixed all the glitches.
K45JugE.gif

I have Skyrim on PC so it doesn't really matter to me, but it would be pretty cool if they did this for the people that want to play an upgraded version on console.

People that bought the PS3 version might be a bit wary of this on PS4, though :p I would hope Bethesda would not screw up that bad again.

maltrain

Edit the first post with the original source:

OnlySP

Could Skyrim be making its way to next-gen systems?

An email sent out earlier today may indicate Bethesda will be announcing this on the 12th of January. Along with the email, the Bethesda website lists Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game on its product listing. One thing of note with the product listing is that the versions of the game that have already been released, such as the Xbox 360 version are highlighted with a link, while the next-gen versions are not, yet.

It seems odd that Bethesda would be updating the game for next-gen consoles due to its age, but I suppose it’s not out of the question as Tomb Raider is doing the same thing.

Image from the email:

Icmszrn.jpg

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
If it had new graphical and gameplay features, sure. Plenty I didn't do. Otherwise there are too many mods I now consider essential.

Just give us nights that are, y'know, dark.

Edit: Just thought, the touchpad would be pretty neat for inventory and quick select.

Yes.
Yes!
YES!!! GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

I've been hoping for some Elder Scrolls on PS4, if this is real, and they could get it out quick, this is the perfect game for the more empty schedule in the next few months. I platinumed it on PS3 and loved every minute of it (except for after 90 hours in before the game got patched where it'd play at 1 FPS if I played for more than 30 minutes). Playing it without any bugs would be great.

1080p/60fps! No excuse with all the horse power they have now.

Depends what they do to the visuals. If they do nothing, then it should be no problem. On my system (i5-3550 and a 660 Ti) with 2K textures, a good ENB, and on the Ultra preset, I need to run at 1600x900 to maintain 60fps throughout.

That would explain a lot actually.
Release that this year, and F4 next.
I might buy it, but if the rumored Mass Effect collection, Last of us, and Beyond ports come too this wont be on my list. Too many games this year.

These ports should have been launch titles.

ReaperXL7

4J is too busy with Minecraft to work on this.

Ahh, I had no idea it was the same studio doing the Minecraft ports. Still i have to wonder if they farmed the port out to another studio, or if Bethesda is doing it themselves. You would think they would be too busy with Fallout 4 ( though I think they confirmed it would not be a 2014 release).

Logash

I am one of the few people who never played this game. It's weird because I absolutely LOVED Oblivion but I just never picked up Skyrim. This was due to the bad press the PS3 version was getting and I only owned a PS3 at the time. By the time the issues were fixed I had moved on to other things. If they release something like a GotY edition on the PS4 that is $39.99 I will absolutely pay for this game. Hell, even if it is $60 I might bite but I feel like a game that old has no business costing $60.

They should pay some of the best modders to include their content in this version of the game. They should include SkyRe, an ENB, and some of the best aesthetic mods and let you enable/disable them.

PikkonX

I've been hoping for this since the new consoles were announced. I own the PC and PS3 versions, but my laptop only handled it on medium settings at best and nothing needs to be said about the PS3 version. I'd been putting off playing Skyrim again until I could build a new PC, but PS4 would be perfect. Especially since I've yet to play any of the DLC.

Hmm, I want to be excited, as I love the game, but I feel like it won't be nearly as great as the graphically modded PC version that I just finished (got the Elder Scrolls Anthology for Christmas and decided to use mods).

molnizzle

What are the odds that I'll be able to do some hackery and import my 360 save to PS4? I never did play through the DLC...

Logash

Oh and Elder Scrolls was one of the franchises I thought about when Sony announced the share button. Think of all the ridiculous moments that can now be shared instantly!

ramuh

As long as it's not just the base game for like 50 bucks. I would want a graphic upgrade, possible use of some of the community mods and bug testing.

gogosox8

I think I'd rather have Fallout 4 but I could see people buying this especially if your a console only gamer and only had a ps3 last gen and had to deal with Skyrim on the ps3. I'm assuming that this comes with all of the dlc and gameplay fixes though.

Top Bottom