• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim... coming to PS4 and Xbox One? (Bethesda: Nope)

Mesoian

Oh god this makes me fear for my modded PC version. Another update when most of the mod creators are out of the game? I shudder to think...

GOT PS3 and PC version, I Will triple dip if true and is 40 bucks with all the dlc's.

My god why? There is nothing the PS4 version can offer you over the PC version.

Leatherface

Playing Skyrim right now as a matter of fact. Paid like $7 from the steam sale. Can't say I'd even bother with a console version of this game after getting a taste of the godly mods available on the PC. Also, I'm actually playing it with my ps4 controller so that's good enough for me. :p

I'd double dip on Xbox One for sure. Skyrim is was my go-to game when I got bored of my other games. It would be nice to experience it in HD and hopefully 60 FPS.

Timeless

The cursive font reminds me much more of Fallout 3 than it does of Skyrim. I bet someone was testing how the formatting would look for Fallout 4 and published it for the Skyrim page.

The font of the email doesn't scream Skyrim to me, so it might be a separate/ancillary announcement to something else. A man can hope...

As for this game in particular, I guess that's great for whomever missed out on the PS3/360 versions and doesn't have a PC suited for it, or is that desperate for something to play at the time/traded in their old system. Don't see why anyone else would go for it though, especially if it's $60.

Oh god this makes me fear for my modded PC version. Another update when most of the mod creators are out of the game? I shudder to think...

My god why? There is nothing the PS4 version can offer you over the PC version.

Trophies bro lol. And the fact that Skyrim is a slide show on my laptop at 1080p.

Skyrim: GDDR5 Bethesda redemption edition. Do it Beth.

ramuh

Nope. Witcher 3 is getting my open world fantasy money.

Witcher disappointed me in the lack of open world stuff. From the trailers it looks they taken the open world aspect and... opened it up. Now I wonder what "encounters" we can experience on the open road to the next mission/objective. Random events perhaps?

All it would be is all the dlc + their high res textures. Seems like most everyone that wanted to play that game already has.

I can't sleep properly because of split nightmare pools.

Seriously though, I hate to say it but I'd probably bite so long as it was goty edition with all the dlc and with a review confirming there's no crazy bugs and show-stoppers.

levyjl1988

Banned
I don't see why not, it will probably reinvigorate fans to double, or triple dip.
Then again this could perhaps compete against The Elder Scrolls Online...

OneUh8

Not sure I would buy it again. Bought on PC at release, put some good time into it, did not get too crazy with mods, but I did use the common and popular ones. However I never bought any of the DLC, so I would consider it again. It is an amazing game.

RdN

I don't think I'd buy this unless there's a MASSIVE visual improvement. Just 1080p would not be enough.

Nooooo I just bought the Complete Edition for my 360.
If they would have announced this earlier that would have been the most important game for my PS4.

stryke

Icmszrn.jpg

This certainly has a Fallout aesthetic to it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Going from 720p with medium draw distance (for high detail LOD) on PS3 to 1080p with much farther draw distance, higher resolution textures, more grass and close up details, lower loading times when you open doors and enter into cities on PS4 would be nice... and a much more stable game to boot likely... Yummy... Would not mind if they also ported Oblivion...and Morrowind :).

As long as whatever updates head over to the PC version, too, I'm game. Here's hoping another expansion was secretly in the works for "next-gen" platforms only. *crosses fangers*

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
All it would be is all the dlc + their high res textures. Seems like most everyone that wanted to play that game already has.

Frame rate would get juiced a bit too. Maybe loading could be optimized.

I'm down to double dip. I bought all the PS3 DLC when it was discounted 'cause of the wait, but I only played through Dragonborn, and didn't do many of the sidequests.

catmario

Actually, I already have pc version. (Before my Graphic card broken)

And I can use korean translation patch with pc version, so I have no merit to buy next-gen version.

Simo

I'd be down and would double dip for this! Loved Skyrim and sunk enough time into the 360 version so a "definitive" version for PS4 would be awesome.

Ogimachi

Skyrim is an amazing...social experiment. It's just as bad as Oblivion and Fallout 3 to me, so I'm watching a distance, but it seems people are willing to pay full price yet again just so they can experience that world with better performance on a console.
It kind of puts the importance of good design in doubt, sadly enough.

Rhindle

I would re-buy IF they offer a way to import my 360 save file. Not really interested in trudging through the whole thing again.

molnizzle

Skyrim is an amazing...social experiment. It's just as bad as Oblivion and Fallout 3 to me, so I'm watching a distance, but it seems people are willing to pay full price yet again just so they can experience that world with better performance on a console.
It kind of puts the importance of good design in doubt, sadly enough.

Skyrim was great.

I would re-buy IF they offer a way to import my 360 save file. Not really interested in trudging through the whole thing again.

I'm in the same boat, but I only have a PS4 at the moment. I sad.

Monocle

Aww yeah. I will double dip in a heartbeat if this happens. To get back into Skyrim again, any excuse will do. Maybe I'll play as a ranger character. I've never done that because I tend to go for magic classes.

GhaleonEB

Aww yeah. I will double dip in a heartbeat if this happens. To get back into Skyrim again, any excuse will do. Maybe I'll play as a ranger character. I've never done that because I tend to go for magic classes.

Skyrim is my most played game ever, in terms of hours. And I'd do the same. But I'd probably play another archer. :lol

The font and style scream Fallout, though.

Concept17

Going by that invitation page, it has to be Fallout.

Maybe both? They would sell another million copies, so what the hell.

I just bought it on PC for 7.50, so I sadly would pass. Especially since I already sunk 100 hours into the PS3 version.

Top Bottom