• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim... coming to PS4 and Xbox One? (Bethesda: Nope)

SighFight

Skyrim Definite Edition would definitly catch my eye....

But the style looks more like Fallout 4 which would make my eyeballs fall out ;)
(hopefully PS4/XO/PC exclusive, no holding back for last gen)

sorry for the bad jokes...couldn't resist

I'd buy this in a heartbeat on PS4, but I'd expect the issues present on the PS3 version to be fixed, and quite honestly, I don't trust Bethesda to do that.

they never got the handle on the PS3 hardware :p luckily the PS4 is a more traditional system so i have trust that it will run well. Just wouldnt expect any visual bumps though :D

Number45

I'd definitely buy it again, just upgrade the graphics and framerate, that's good enough for me.
I know it won't please some people but I'd be more than happy with the game running at 1080p and locked at 30fps. Visual upgrades would be nice, but I can manage without them.

Chozolore

I have Skyrim on PC so it doesn't really matter to me, but it would be pretty cool if they did this for the people that want to play an upgraded version on console.

People that bought the PS3 version might be a bit wary of this on PS4, though :p I would hope Bethesda would not screw up that bad again.

They should get it for free, as an apology.

God I really hope this is true. Skyrim was my most played game last generation, and probably in my most played ever.

C'mon Bethesda!

witness

I want this! Legendary edition at 1080, high res textures, and a buttery framerate. Day 1 on PS4, perfect game for earlier part of the year with how slow it will be on next gen.

1080p and fixed 30fps with the DLC for £50 would be a day one purchase for me on PS4.

Rushed through the story mode on the PS3 version, which wasn't the greatest and would love to play the game properly with better graphics on a better console, the PlayStation 4.

G_Berry

Banned
As a huge fan of oblivion, i only played skyrim for around 8 hours. This was mainly due to the lack of time available back then so i traded it in.

Will definitely pick this up if true.

ajim

As a huge fan of oblivion, i only played skyrim for around 8 hours. This was mainly due to the lack of time available back then so i traded it in.

Will definitely pick this up if true.
exactly the same here.

put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours into oblivion and over a thousand in morrowind, but couldn't muster the energy for Skyrim as much as I wanted to.

would rebuy/retry on Xbox one!

Daffy Duck

I still have not completed this game, I have got about 80 hours in (possibly more), bought Hjerim, crafted my legendary Daedric armour and two handed sword, saved the thieves guild, and the other cult, but from memory I don't think I made it passed Diplomatic Immunity.

I don't think I would double dip on this game.

For me this game was really meant to be on current gen consoles and not last gen, especially the PS3 version!

A quick and easy port would keep us satisfied until Fallout 4, which will be amazing!

Would also love an oblivion remake, although, it probably doesn't need one as much!

Lakitu

st5fu
For me this game was really meant to be on current gen consoles and not last gen, especially the PS3 version!

A quick and easy port would keep us satisfied until Fallout 4, which will be amazing!

Would also love an oblivion remake, although, it probably doesn't need one as much!

They should release an Elder Scrolls collection. That'd be swell. They'd only take one blu-ray disc :)

Nethaniah

Doubtful they'd redo the assets and even if they did unless they put this on a new engine it won't remove the jank, totally not worth buying a ps4 or xbox one version off, i hope ps3 users aren't dumb enough to give Bethesda even more money.

you are a fool if you buy another fallout/elder scrolls on a sony console

A FOOL I SAY!

After playing the pc version for like 50 hours and pretty much despising the game, I don't think I have it in me, but that's irrelevant/ not the point, im still salty about the ps3 version of skyrim, I pretty much got slapped in the face for buying it on that shit.

And its cool if you could slog through 20fps on ps3 and not have any problems and think im overreacting or whatever, but my standards for terrible ports are a bit higher.

maverick40

no wiiu versions :(

WEILWtQ.gif

McLovin

I wanted to replay it, but its a head ache on my older pc. If they got it working with less bugs and all the dlc I would probably buy it. The dlc corrupted my save files on pc :/

balgajo

Best beta game I played. Hope that's a real release version.
I bought it on PC and for many times I had to open up console and put some codes to fix the glitchs and broken side quests. I think that's unacceptable for a release version.

I would buy it again if they release a Wii U version, just to play on gamepad, but I know that probably it will never happen.

Caayn

Not that interested. I've never finished Skyrim while I've put hundreds of hours into Oblivion.

Give me an offline Elder Scrolls where we can wander around on the entire continent of Tamriel including the extra lands such as the shivering isles.

rataven

If this leak turns out to be true, it's a little odd that the release seems to be for the regular version of Skyrim, rather than the Legendary Edition, whose page didn't mention PS4/XBone. That implies that if this did come to current gen consoles, then it wouldn't include the DLC. I would imagine most people wouldn't want to double dip on an incomplete, so to speak, version of the game.

Seanspeed

Banned
Meh. What about a new games Bethesda? Is it really that hard?
I would imagine so, yes. Especially if you're asking for another massive, open-world RPG in the Fallout/Elder Scrolls vein. There's a shit ton of content to create. And a shit ton of issues to work out with 'go anywhere, do anything' mantra of these games.

you are a fool if you buy another fallout/elder scrolls on a sony console

A FOOL I SAY!
Shouldn't be any issues on the PS4. Problems with the PS3 were due to its unique architecture being difficult to work with.

mclem

I'm struggling to convince myself that the notion of "visiting" an "announcement" is semantically correct.

Linconan

Loved Skyrim to a point.
But the problems that plagued it turned me off. (Ps3 version)

If,
it comes out (ported across) i'll look forward to hearing more and checking it out, unless ofcourse if it's around Witcher 3 release. Then Forget it. And if it's after W3, pffft no chance.

So in other words, hurry up if you want my cash an port it or fuck off Bethesda.

Chabbles

Super Dooper GOTY edition?

YES PLEASE!, Bundled with the Best Mods, with the option to turn them on and off. (beth could pay the mod creators to include mods, right ?)
It would make up for the shitty PS3 port alot of us had to play through.

I was thinking about how much id like to boot up skyrim on my PS4 with maxed out PC graphics afew days ago.

LOL if they ask money from people who have the game on PS3, it should be a free upgrade to compensate for the shitty version we got.

Nethaniah

YES PLEASE!, Bundled with the Best Mods, with the option to turn them on and off. (beth could pay the mod creators for this, right ?)
It would make up for the shitty PS3 port alot of us had to play through.

I was thinking about how much id like to boot up skyrim on my PS4 with maxed out PC graphics afew days ago.

Who would decide what the best mods are?

Also Skyrim doesn't really look that much better on pc vanilla (mostly cleaner/sharper), you need texture mods and enb's for actual visual improvements.

Nethaniah

I have the PC version, no reason to downgrade....

Hate to say it but pretty much this, unless they substantially redo the assets it's gonna be same old ass Skyrim and even at that point you would not have the mods that fix alot of the game's issues.

Add to that that running the game at a decent framerate on pc doesn't require a beastly pc so unless you're console only it would be difficult to recommend this product.

DMiz

Just got myself the PC version and finished modding the crap out of it.

No thanks. Honestly, with all the game-play modifications out other, it's hard not to recommend the PC version and say that it's a much better experience.

I've never played an ES games other than morrow wind and I wouldn't count that because I made a character, walked around for a few minutes, brought it back to gamestop. I was also a child who had no patience for these games so that's also why. I'd give this game a shot on PS4.

Chabbles

Who would decide what the best mods are?

Also Skyrim doesn't really look that much better on pc vanilla (mostly cleaner/sharper), you need texture mods and enb's for actual visual improvements.

Idk, most downloaded/highest rated mods (both visual and content mods) up for consideration. Then let beth internally decide which would work best.

I remember a video interview a couple years back, where Todd howard was asked about mod support with beth games on console. And he replied something along the lines of "id love to see that happen". I doubt it was possible with last gen hardware, but its certainly possible now... But this is just wishfull thinking, very unlikely to happen...

If they released mods for one game, people might feel entitled and expect them for every beth game that has a big mod scene... would that effect DLC sales ?. They could get around that by only including mods in Game of the year editions after all dlc has ben released.

edit,
"Skyrim doesn't really look that much better on pc vanilla (mostly cleaner/sharper)"

But it plays a hell of a lot better then the PS3 version.

Top Bottom