• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - November 11th, 2011 - [Update: New Engine]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Cool.

I mean, I'll cling to every detail and buy this no matter what, but I really do hope it's more Morrowind and less Oblivion. I liked Oblivion, but it had a mountain of flaws and I really hope they can deliver a much more interesting world this time around.

What do we know about Skyrim? I'm a bit rusty on my Elder Scrolls lore. I always thought Black Marsh woulda been a fun place for a new ES game, but what ever.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I demand information on what engine it's running on, system requirements, and mod community support, and I demand it this instant.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Fucking awesome — shoots right to the top tier of my most anticipated list. A new engine would be great but... I'll buy it regardless.

Sanic

Great. Not so crazy about Oblivion nowadays, but they learned a lot going into F3, so this should be good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
uCVJB.jpg

Skyrim Wiki entry

I guess this will do for Nords what Morrowind did for Dark Elves.

I didn't really catch what the dude was saying in the trailer, so I could be wrong, but it could be a prequel set in the very early days of Tamriel.

ezekial45 said:
Sorry, it's running on Gamebryo still. They said their next game (this one) would run on enhanced tech from Fallout 3.
Please God no.

I mean, I'll buy it and love it, just as I did NV, but that engine is fucking horrendous.

W1SSY

Been awhile since I have played an Elder Scrolls game. Hopefully this one is a little more time consuming for me then Oblivion was.

Grisby

Hope they use a new engine, specially since I'll probably be playing this on the 360.

Edit* Damn are they really still going to be using Gamebryo?

ezekial45 said:
Sorry, it's running on Gamebryo still. They said their next game (this one) would run on enhanced tech from Fallout 3.

Well, moddable at least...

That was a really cool trailer. Loved the narration.

Dragon bone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom