• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - November 11th, 2011 - [Update: New Engine]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Sotha Sil said:
It's a kind of love-it-or-hate-it deal. It just clicks, or it doesn't. If the idea of complete freedom (character creation- and exporation-wise) appeals to you, you might very well like it.

OK, thanks to those words I'll throw my pennies in and see what I get. So many people say that the series is well on par with Jesus. We'll see.

water_wendi said:
Fallout with Swords.

Never got interested in Western-RPGs. Bioshock, Fallout, Thief and other Diablo is just other planet-stuff.

Clevinger

Jerk 2.0 said:
New engine or I am not bothering.

While it's not a new engine, they've said that they gutted the old one and and replaced pretty much everything so that it's practically a new one.

Fitz

God damn do Bethesda know how to make HYPE TO THE MOON music, just like Oblivion and Morrowind intro's.

Monocle

Kenka said:
OK, thanks to those words I'll throw my pennies in and see what I get. So many people say that the series is well on par with Jesus. We'll see.

Never got interested in Western-RPGs. Bioshock, Fallout, Thief and other Diablo is just other planet-stuff.
Invest in the PC version of Morrowind (or Oblivion, if you're a graphics > gameplay kind of guy) and know divinity. You'll want to look into mods, obviously.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
disappeared said:
Just when I had all but lost hope for RPGs taking place in snowy climates... FUCKING SKYRIM!

Maybe we will get more than 3 voice actors this time as well!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kenka said:

Well half those games arent even RPGs, so I can see that.

I seem to catch alternate Elder Scrolls games.

I wasn’t even aware of Arena at the time.
I LOVED Daggerfall, though I'll readily admit that it's not aged at all well.
Morrowind kinda passed me by.
I’ve literally spent hundreds of hours enjoying Oblivion, it’s mods & expansions.
That trailer makes me... apathetic at best, possibly even bored.

Guess I’ll be looking forward to Elder Scrolls VI in around 2016

Monocle

SpongeBob NoPants said:
I seem to catch alternate Elder Scrolls games.

I wasn’t even aware of Arena at the time.
I LOVED Daggerfall, though I'll readily admit that it's not aged at all well.
Morrowind kinda passed me by.
I’ve literally spent hundreds of hours enjoying Oblivion, it’s mods & expansions.
That trailer makes me... apathetic at best, possibly even bored.

Guess I’ll be looking forward to Elder Scrolls VI in around 2016
But...the trailer didn't show anything. That's like saying you're bored by the latest model of a car after reading a 20-word blurb about it in the newspaper.

I am extremely hyped for this game. Ever since they trademarked the name, I have been speculating on when the game was going to be announced. This is a very welcomed unexpected event at the VGA. My guess is that the story will feature your character being the next "Son of Skyrim" (Dragon Born). I figure your character will be much like the Nerevarine was in Morrowind. I can't wait for this game to come out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Monocle said:
But...the trailer didn't show anything. That's like saying you're bored by the latest model of a car after reading a 20-word blurb about it in the newspaper.

If its enough to get hype, its enough to get apathy too.

Mau ®

To be honest, I hate CGI reveals becuase they give me nothing.

But at least there's a release date and an announcement. Im sure next months GI or something will have the real reveal.

Acheteedo

Wat, 11-11-11, they're seriously putting this out at the same time as ME3? I'm a superfan of both series, don't make me choose D:

Maybe... and I hope you're right, but any trailer is designed to create or enhance interest but, to me, that had exactly the opposite effect. Right now, Oblivion is one of my all-time favourites - and I really can't be bothered with the sequel.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yasae said:
3 for 3, big games with entirely CG trailers that have less than 12 months left in production.

Well, to be fair this is standard for Bioware and Bethesda.

Max

I am not Max
Acheteedo said:
Wat, 11-11-11, they're seriously putting this out at the same time as ME3? I'm a superfan of both series, don't make me choose D:
Get both like everyone else?

Finally!,Instantly jumped to my most anticipated release.
And to think I'm 60hours into my second ES IV playthrough.
I just hope they incorporate more ES III elements this time round(I'll still play it if they don't :D )

Less than a year away too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ABOUT FUCKING TIME :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Please be as colourful and diverse as morrowind

And for the love of god no ai/user levelling

McHuj

Super excited for this. Hopefully, this will give me the hardcore RPG fix next winter (as opposed to the Dragon Age II)

Kenka

Monocle said:
Invest in the PC version of Morrowind (or Oblivion, if you're a graphics > gameplay kind of guy) and know divinity. You'll want to look into mods, obviously.

Well, that settles things. Thank you.

Boss Man

YESSSSSS! I've been waiting so long for this!

orgasm.gif

I CAN'T STOP

RPGCrazied

Nice. Though would it kill them to hire more than one voice actor to voice the characters? There was like 2 people that voiced Oblivion.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm excited; despite not liking ESIV that much. (compared to ESIII). Here's hoping it's closer to ESIII in quality then ESIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom