• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 PC performance thread

Runs like a dream so far
Ultra 1440p on a 1080ti / G-Sync

I get about 70-80 fps in the office but GPU usage is sitting at 70%max. CPU at about 30%
So I guess there is still some room for optimization.

Some textures look a bit rough but overall I like the visuals

PNg5ao8.jpg

What is your CPU?

THat GPU utilisation is a bit concerning.

Can anyone get SLI working? I wonder if there is a compatible profile out there.

Such a damn shame about HDR. This game would have looked amazing with HDR support...

Man I sure hope so. Running SLI 1080's and I don't think 1 could handle 4k/60FPS

My Titan X Pascal card is getting 40-45 fps at 4K with settings dialed up or down. Thank GOD there are no frame skips like TEW1. Port seems really nice so far.

I just wish I could get it to 60fps. Game isn't that much of a looker for it to not hit 60 fps on one 1080ti or Titan xp, but it seems to be struggling.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some comparison shots.

i7 2600k + GTX 970 + 16GB RAM + 1080p + Windows 7.

Hard pass. 60fps on lowest settings looking at a wall? That's awful. I'm guessing it hits around 40fps in combat?

Here are some comparison shots.

i7 2600k + GTX 970 + 16GB RAM + 1080p + Windows 7.

Ultra is the maximum. Lowest is with all the extra effects also off which are on by default.

Low GPU utilisation again. Hrmmm while looking at a non-descriptive wall... and with rather low CPU thread utilisation...

My Titan X Pascal card is getting 40-45 fps at 4K with settings dialed up or down. Thank GOD there are no frame skips like TEW1. Port seems really nice so far.

I just wish I could get it to 60fps. Game isn't that much of a looker for it to not hit 60 fps on one 1080ti or Titan xp, but it seems to be struggling.

On noooo :'( :'(

Thanks for your impressions FlibbertiGibbet. Maybe it's worth waiting until an SLI profile is found to work...

Why does Lowest use more CPU than Ultra?

No idea. It's another unoptimized game by the looks of it.

CPU utilisation is higher probably because the game is pushing more frames to the GPU.

Although if the game scaled properly across threads with settings (as in they were proportional), they would be more or less 1:1.

So looking at the screens, the game can process the base game logic more efficiently (gameplay code) than it can process code related to the graphical options in the menu.

BadAss2961

>much better optimized than the first game
>even with a 1080 stick to 1080p to avoid frame drops

That's not really promising.
Is it really that much better optimized than the first then?

This one looks better, but I played through the original with a 1080 a short while ago and averaged about a good 80fps at 1440p.

GavinUK86

even though its not running great, something a patch might sort out, its still pretty enjoyable so far. im actually playing it at 21:9 on a 16:9 screen because i enjoyed having the bars in the first game. its way more... cinematic?... this time around. less resident evil more stylish silent hill.

Dives

Neo Member
Hard pass. 60fps on lowest settings looking at a wall? That's awful. I'm guessing it hits around 40fps in combat?

Translucent materials (the glass) are actually one of the most expensive things in a deferred renderer.

Translucent materials (the glass) are actually one of the most expensive things in a deferred renderer.

The thing most concering to me is the fact there the GPU is not at 99% there and it is the lowest settings possible whilst not cresting 60fps.... on a 4.6Ghz i7....

But yeah, translucent materials can be pretty expensive....

Gitaroo

looking at the impression makes me feel bad for buying the game on day 1. They didn't learn shit from their previous games and still runs like garbage. Fuck Tango and Bethesda.

kodecraft

Didn't they say there would be a black bars option just off by the default? I couldn't find to enable it in the options.

I've read guesses that it may be an unlock after beating the game. Whixh is weird because I kept the letterboxing on in the original and planned to play it in classic TEW fashion this time around by having them on.

So for now I don't think it's an option.

epmode

Framrate feels lower than it should for the graphics I'm seeing but I don't have any major complaints with G-Sync. No microstuttering, thankfully (I left the 60 FPS lock enabled since I doubt I'll go much higher at 1440p).

looking at the impression makes me feel bad for buying the game on day 1. They didn't learn shit from their previous games and still runs like garbage. Fuck Tango and Bethesda.

This runs MUCH better than TEW1 did. Even if it isn't hitting 60 fps it still feels very, very smooth to play without any hiccups or frame pacing issues. This is without a GSYNC monitor, too.

I think Dishonored 2 ran much, much worse than this at launch.

This is playable for sure and even pleasant, though it could be better optimized to hit 60fps.

FaintDeftone

Oh man, I was under the impression the game ran well on a 970. Now I'm kinda regretting buying this. I guess we'll see how it goes when I load it up tonight.

Skyr

Despite not seeming to utilize the GPU tu the fullest, it really runs totally fine.

Gitaroo

This runs MUCH better than TEW1 did. Even if it isn't hitting 60 fps it still feels very, very smooth to play without any hiccups or frame pacing issues. This is without a GSYNC monitor, too.

I think Dishonored 2 ran much, much worse than this at launch.

This is playable for sure and even pleasant, though it could be better optimized to hit 60fps.

its easy to compare turd to turd, but with this kind of graphics there is no excuses; especially when Doom 2016 looks and runs better.

Top Bottom