• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fate of the Furious / Fast and Furious 8 *SPOILER THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of something. If the outline was still the same for the script for 8, it was probably Brian that would have rescued the baby from the plane.

Now I am sad.

:(

hamchan

I could see Han coming back for revenge against Dom in the final movie, if Justin Lin comes back to direct like Vin wants, because really, the Justin Lin movies were just the Han saga.

He would totally be justified too. The love of Han's life gets killed trying to rescue Dom's love and Dom barely acknowledges it at the end of 6. Now Dom is suddenly buddy buddy with the Shaw brothers, the people responsible for killing Gisele and Han.

Like, if I was Han I would be FURIOUS and come back with a vengeance against Torretto.

I could see Han coming back for revenge against Dom in the final movie, if Justin Lin comes back to direct like Vin wants, because really, the Justin Lin movies were just the Han saga.

He would totally be justified too. The love of Han's life gets killed trying to rescue Dom's love and Dom barely acknowledges it at the end of 6. Now Dom is suddenly buddy buddy with the Shaw brothers, the people responsible for killing Gisele and Han.

Like, if I was Han I would be FURIOUS and come back with a vengeance against Torretto.
He just needs a face mask or helmet to hide who he is for most of the movie.

And then the twist is that the masked guy is actually two people. Gisele and Han working together after being recruited by Cipher after she found them in two different hospitals. Han with his face scared from the fire and explosion and Gisele having had her bones broken to the point she needed a exoskeleton at first.

Dami3N

Bla bla Dom is superman the movie ......
Liked the film, and i don't really like the others. Just can't handle the "supeman/dom" thing.

It's a bit funny that the Shaws go through so much trouble rescuing Dom's baby. When in 6, Owen tried to kidnap Brian and Mia's baby and almost killed Mia. And Deckard nearly blew up Mia and Brian Jr. with his bomb.

I just thought of something. If the outline was still the same for the script for 8, it was probably Brian that would have rescued the baby from the plane.

Now I am sad.

:(

omg that would've been great
Dad Brian keepin the fam together

Where do you guys stand on Cypher? I thought she was by far the weakest bit in the movie.

Her fuckin' dead eyes as she had Elena killed = oh christ
That's a scary person right there

hamchan

Where do you guys stand on Cypher? I thought she was by far the weakest bit in the movie.

She was ok but she didn't have any badass action moments, only hacking stuff. I was also rolling my eyes whenever she had one of her philosophical chats with Dom about turning evil or whatever. Her motivations also still seem to be evil for evils sakes. Maybe they'll reveal she was being blackmailed so she can join the goodies next movie like the Shaw brothers did, despite her killing Elena because fuck it.

At least Charlize Theron is decent at acting even if she wasn't given Mad Max level of material to act with here.

So she ain't no Johnny Tran or DK level of awesome baddy, but at least she wasn't rich guy whose name I forgot from 2 Fast or Fast Five.

Enjoyed, thought it lost some of it's magic without Paul being a part of it though,felt very noticeable.

The action was for the most part surprisingly creative, especially the parts with Jason Stathom. I did feel it was fucked up that they all just accepted Stathom's character so quickly though. He murdered Han and now he's sitting at the same table at the end having a family meal with the gang? He literally one of their "family".

ultron87

Hey movies, dramatic scenes of two hackers "hacking" each other with fast typing while saying "oh, she's good" are the worst.

Blablurn

Solid movie but one scene bugged me

On the ice, when Ludacris was driving, we saw him saying "Move Baby"

I cannot accept the fact that they didn't use "Move Bitch" in that scene

Cooooooome ooooooooon!

mreddie

4/5

It's really fucked up how they Elena, I feel she was gonna join the Family but when Rodriguez came back, she became moot and then, when they couldn't use Walker to push the Family Man thing, they used it on Dom with the mother of all retcons.

I do like how this connects to the last two in a good way, feels whole and make the films feel more connected.

I would like Hobbs and Deckard in a spinoff movie. Or Hobbs with the Shaws, the moment Momma Shaw came on, I was in awe and Mirren is full on RED mode here where she's great with class.

And WUT, HAN got the coldest brush off ever.

I love how the Fast and Furious movies are like their own cinematic universe now; I really get a kick out of stuff like 'Hey that McGuffin we spent the whole last movie trying to get? Why don't we use that?" Plus having her be behind the events of 6 and 7. I know it's kind of stupid as fuck but I love it.

Which makes me wonder, does that mean Mr. Nobody recovered God's Eye again or did Cipher destroy it before she jumped off the plane? I'm not sure it'd come up again, but after it mattered in F8 it'd be cool if it wasn't forgoten about.

I think my only real problem is the issue with Deckard and Han. It's not that I think it'd be impossible for Dom to forgive him, he was doing it for 'FAMILY' after all and Dom can understand that. It's that it's not brought up at all that bugs me. That's probably something that'd be dealt with in the beginning of F9 (sort of like how F7 still had Letty dealing with her amnesia), but I would've liked it if it had gotten a little purchase here. (And I don't think they can bring Han back)

Man I can't wait until the Giant Beast Spoilercast though. I wonder if they'll skype Jeff in.

It was BRAIN DEAD fun for sure..

But this movie renders Jason Statham's character in FF7 pointless and nonsensical. The whole movie he is practically trying to kill Dom and family for killing his own brother in FF6. The "revenge" Plot.

Now, it turns out Owen is indeed alive and was just left in a prison to rot. LOL It makes Deckar's attitude in 7 just completely over the top.

But ah well, at least these series is more consistent than the RE movies.

I just never thought Deckard which is the guy who cold blooded killed Han. Tried to murder Bryan and family in their own home is such a sweetheart with a baby in FF8. LOL

robotrock

Banned
It's so weird what this series has done with Elena

I just never thought Deckard which is the guy who cold blooded killed Han. Tried to murder Bryan and family in their own home is such a sweetheart with a baby in FF8. LOL

you know why he did those things though? for his family. he's very similar to the rest of the crew

you know why he did those things though? for his family. he's very similar to the rest of the crew

Cold Blooded... that's where Dom and crew draw the line I assume.

And At least Elena got additional screening time. She could have been the next Eva Mendez character.

She's making that The Mummy money now. Besides, she effectively became redundant when they decided to resurrect Letty.

I honestly didn't see a point to her inclusion beyond Furious7.

I think a better question is, how do you reconcile Brian's omission from the series (as a character) being tethered to him getting out to be a family man (now that he has a kid) when Dom now has a son and will no doubt be continuing his adventures.

LT Snoshado

This entire movie was about Dom getting back his son that he never knew he had.. Are you kidding me?

By far my least favorite F&F film to date. I don't understand where that $250m budget went either. The CGI when the self-driving cars were driving around in a swarm looked really fake as did some of the shots with the submarine at the end.

The movie really felt like a mess to me and there wasn't nearly enough "car stuff" in it for my taste.

0/10 would never watch again.

This entire movie was about Dom getting back his son that he never knew he had.. Are you kidding me?

By far my least favorite F&F film to date. I don't understand where that $250m budget went either. The CGI when the self-driving cars were driving around in a swarm looked really fake as did some of the shots with the submarine at the end.

The movie really felt like a mess to me and there wasn't nearly enough "car stuff" in it for my taste.

0/10 would never watch again.

You should never post when you are so emotional.

Elena's arc in the films was really wack

Fast 5: Brought in Cause She's Not Corrupt, Starts Dating Dom
Fast 6: Gets First Girl Wins'd
Furious 7: Gets Promotion, Also Gets Knocked Out Of Glass Building With Samoan Thor
Fate: Gets Baby, Also Gets Dead

mreddie

I have to think that stinger was filmed in post, just as Michelle was coming back, remember, she only came back and left 4 because she was still doing Avatar just as how Rock was MIA during 7, he was doing Hercules.

Pixie Cut Elena is the best though.

Do people not remember that Letty was confirmed alive in F5's after credits scene? They knew Elena was going to be obsolete during F5.

We have no idea how late in the process that stinger was added after the movie was completed.

It was incredibly sloppy if it was planned from the start, I agree.

Elena's arc in the films was really wack

Fast 5: Brought in Cause She's Not Corrupt, Starts Dating Dom
Fast 6: Gets First Girl Wins'd
Furious 7: Gets Promotion, Also Gets Knocked Out Of Glass Building With Samoan Thor
Fate: Gets Baby, Also Gets Dead

Gets friendzoned so hard, she got pregnant with Letty's baby.

Like I said I don't think it's inconceivable that Shaw could be forgiven. The fact that Han isn't brought up at all is what irritates me.

I'm apathetic on Elena bitting it, but I do think it's cool that they in a way made good on the fact that they did indeed hook up between 5 and 6 and that would have consequences (Though would prefer if they had mentioned her leaving the DSS).

Like I said I don't think it's inconceivable that Shaw could be forgiven. The fact that Han isn't brought up at all is what irritates me.
This plus Shaw having a seat at the table at the end, and apparently holding hands with them, is just freaking bizarre. It would have been perfectly acceptable if he dropped if the baby, had a tense conversation with Dom, and then left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom