• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fate of the Furious / Fast and Furious 8 *SPOILER THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Shaw there at the table? I remember him leaving.
I don't remember seeing Shaw at the table. I was looking to see if he would be, but only noticed Mr. Nobody as the kinda odd man out.
Yeah, he was there at the end sitting beside The Rock. He had his head down as if he was trying to HIDE from the audience.

I was happy that Roman got that moment to be a badass when he took out all the snowmobiles.
Hehehe. Roman turning into John Wick had me freaking giddy.

Is Lil' Nobody going to be a recurring character you think? I think he endeared himself by the end of the movie.

And yeah I don't remember seeing Deckard at the table. I honestly don't mind that he was kind of a sillier character this time. Also loved the 'Did you think this would be a street fight' callback when Dom 'kills' him.

Damn, this movie was so fun. Jason Statham KILLED it in this film with his two main fight scenes (the prison riot and the plane siege). And I got absolutely giddy when Deckard and Owen Shaw reappeared in the final act. I really hope these two guys join the crew.

And damn at the reveal of Dom's son's name. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Sean C

And of course love the fact they're in the arctic circle in light jackets
Hobbs had semi-bare arms, and Letty's shirt had a plunging neckline, even.

After Dom and Letty's conversation about having children, the second we saw that Elena had given birth to Dom's child I knew she was a goner, thus enabling the series' lead couple to acquire a child without a pregnancy. Though think about what we missed -- they could have had Letty give birth mid-car case, while driving!

The whole sequence of Deckard with baby Brian is especially funny when you remember that Jason Statham is about to become a father himself.

Jaraghan

Just got back. The Rock and Statham were incredible in this movie. I'm getting tired of Tyrese in these movies though. Same jokes and routine. Glad to see he at least did something by taking out those bikers.

Also, that prison fight scene was amazing.

RS4-

Just got back. The Rock and Statham were incredible in this movie. I'm getting tired of Tyrese in these movies though. Same jokes and routine. Glad to see he at least did something by taking out those bikers.

Also, that prison fight scene was amazing.

Time to replace him with Kevin Hart

What's the runtime of this movie? Is it really 2 hrs and 40 minutes?

2 hours without the credits

I started cracking up when Hobbs lifted Nobody Jr. horizontally off the ground outside of the prison.

Or when he shrugged off​ those rubber bullets like nothing. Damn, this movie was so fun, haha.

I enjoyed Punished Dom in this one. Probably showed the most believable emotions for his character aside from the first one. But yeah, I'm in the same boat regarding Deckard. While he was awesome in this one... HE KILLED HAN! :(

And the did Elena wrong, man. No family for her.

I expected the kid's name to be Paul tbh
Expected the same.

The non existent check. They never paid to be in movies. Apparently, Bud did.
Vin must have had some secret side deal. How did nobody pay for this?

F7-Corona.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Never would've expected a movie series about cars to have such good fight choreography. The prison fight was just unadulterated fun. These Fast and Furious movies are keeping comic book franchises on their toes. And that "zombie" car sequence. So good.

Funny how the best action in a Fast and Furious were the fight scenes. Rock going Hulk on guys in the prison, tanking rubber bullets, and Statham's big brawls were awesome stuff

All the car set pieces besides the opening race fell flat IMO. They all lacked that special something that made the chases and car battles in 5, 6, and 7 so thrilling IMO. I don't know, they had all the right elements but nothing felt as exciting as the safe, the tank chase, or rescuing Ramsey.

Zombie cars was a big nothing, a cool concept but felt wasted as an action scene. Sub chase had some good moments, but the team on the defensive against such an overwhelming enemy and on such a flat area meant they couldn't really pull off good back-and-forth or other evasive maneuvers that benefited from city streets, cliff roads, and so on

Damn, this movie was so fun. Jason Statham KILLED it in this film with his two main fight scenes (the prison riot and the plane siege). And I got absolutely giddy when Deckard and Owen Shaw reappeared in the final act. I really hope these two guys join the crew.

And damn at the reveal of Dom's son's name. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Yes, my 2 favorite scenes in this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh wow, that's who that lame assshole was? Really had no idea what the goal with him was. Shitty personality and development, really hope he's not part of the fam.

I'm pretty sure he's going in Brian's slot. Even his car choices felt like that. Mr. Nobody will chill in the command center, Lil Nobody will be out in the field.

Chase17

Most pressing question following the film
-What Game of Thrones side character makes it into Fast 9?

Like the movie a lot. The Tyrese scene was one of my favorite parts lol

Jail break and Stathom with the baby were other highlights.

Thought it was hilarious they did all the zombie car stuff just to "immobilize" it.

I'd say the weak link of the film was Vin. I also would have liked a conversation of any sorts between him and Hobbs after he becomes good again.

Can't wait for Cipher to join the squad next film.

Also good to know you get a spot at the table if your family kill/save ratio is at least at 1

Blablurn

The most funny thing were two Jokes the chinese crowd in the cinema didnt get. While I was cracking up, crowd stayed calm. lol

The first one was when they tyrese said the women from game of thrones is not a 10, while ludacris was looking all thisty, saying "she definitely is" lol

The second one was the shrinkage joke

Penguin

I was happy to see the name of the actors from Fast 4/5 in the credits and then they basically get a 10 second cameo.

number11

Charlize Theron did the best she could.. but I can't believe they gave her nothing to do. Especially after Mad Max, they couldn't give her at least 1 action scene?

Just out, goddamn the last set piece is long.

Better than 7 for sure but the action in 5 and 6 is still the best. Felt like that was the last time anyone was in danger and the team actually had a competent enemy instead of a jobbing army. At least this one had some kind of emotional hook to it also instead of being hollow junk like F7.

Movie did a admirable job of keeping things up despite Paul's absence. The returning additions to the family and Nobody jr/the Shaw brothers dynamic was kinda neat but I'm in disbelief that those two guys would just be cool with the group after leading to Han/Giselle's death, using Letty, kidnapping Mia, etc. Felt like the movie was twisting itself trying to justify it with stuff like, "Cipher corrupted Owen", "I didn't take that guy's car because I wanted his respect.". The only way I'm accepting this junk is if they bring Han and Giselle back. Resurrect them and we cool tho, they are pretty charismatic here.

Oh and killing off Elena was so weak lmao. You know she was dead the moment the baby was revealed. She hasn't had anything to do since Fast 5 so it's whatever but geez, looks like the only way to get out of the modern era F&F family is to die.

Well now that they team is actually kinda bloated again (maybe the Rock is sitting the next one out?) since they are floating so many damn people just to fill Paul's vacuum, I really hope the team faces more than just a bunch of lame Cipher goons to let them get Avengers moments. One of my favorite parts of this series is in 6 when Han and Roman get the shit kicked out of them by the guy from the Raid. The series needs more moments like that.

I want a fuckin four way Faction Warfare kinda shit for F9

Han and Gisele are somehow alive, working with Cipher, want the Shaws dead because duh
Shaws want to take Cipher down since she Spectre'd their whole family
Crew wants to save Han/Gisele cause family
Hobbs and Mama Shaw go on a road trip to Waffle House

mooncakes

Seems like the producer of the movie is going to answer the question regarding Han and Deckard in future movies.

The one big problem with Letty, Hobbs, Roman and Tej welcoming Deckard Shaw with open arms is that it was revealed he previously killed Han Lue (Sung Kang). Producer Neal Moritz has now confessed that he understands the dismay over Deckard joining the team, while also teasing that this conflict will be explored and dealt with in future sequels. Moritz said:

We have always talked about the fact that every one of these guys in our movies has a code. What has always been able to bring them together is that they all have the same code. They have all been on different sides, against each other, but they understand each other because it's all family first. And Statham was doing that. So, yes - and that's something that we will probably explore in future films - but yes I do understand why people have questioned that. But that's something we're going to deal with in the future.

Draven143

So...Did Mama Shaw tell Big Brother Shaw to go after Dom and crew to avenge little Shaw? Because she seems in complete control of that family. Or at least be able to emotionally manipulate Big Brother Shaw.

And...Tay Tay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom