• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

he has like an account of like 12 posts.. its really depressing since I would like him to post more, I really appreciate his points of view

es tut mir leid
Meh. I'd rather he only speak up if he's comfortable speaking up, and not be pressured into it. If that's only 12 times in the history of NeoGAF, so be it.

Es tut mir leid, but that's just how I feel.

wiibomb

Meh. I'd rather he only speak up if he's comfortable speaking up, and not be pressured into it. If that's only 12 times in the history of NeoGAF, so be it.

Es tut mir leid, but that's just how I feel.

oh no no, don't get me wrong, I'm there with you about that, I really want him to post here, but if he by any means feel uncomfortable then it's a total no...

may be being a gaming media has more pressure than I think...

Maitiú

I bet that bonus bit took hours to film. No way he could have done that in a couple of takes with a straight face.

Haha he does crack a smile for a split second after he gives Pokemon Shuffle a 9.9 then dramatically leans into the camera to apologize. Luckily for him the music was added in post-production or else we probably would have seen him lose it

wiibomb

Oh for fucks sake... this was incredibly good...

I need more episodes like this... but... what... what happened with...
LIQUID BOSMAN???

es tut mi leid

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha, the Vice president has returned!
Probably to hide the existence of HL3!

DMiz

Loved that ending. I feel like it's been a long time since we've seen some meta-plot antics, but it's great to see that style of content returning.

Rlan

nFSLSQN.png

Also: Stan Lee impression pays off!

Amazing episode.

Hey, when he was talking about Chappie he says "I know I sound crazy to you. I know I'm from the future, I could have told you anything."

I know I'm from the future
from the future
future

KNT-Zero

Oh god, the ending of this one.

Not only does he crush the "authenticity" of Battlefield Hardline but he also manages to bring its game design to the ground. Oh boy. xD

border

That Battlefield HardLine cutscene was dumb, though I think you'd have a hard time explaining why it's any more dumb than most of the narrative sequences in a Grand Theft Auto game.

wiibomb

Love this bosman episode, love how a good critic he is, I learn from him with each episode

That Battlefield HardLine cutscene was dumb, though I think you'd have a hard time explaining why it's any more dumb than most of the narrative sequences in a Grand Theft Auto game.

Grand Theft Auto doesn't try to take itself seriously, this thing was advertised (and you can even tell by just the cover) that is trying to be too cool and realistic... seems like it just never gets to that point

Love this bosman episode, love how a good critic he is, I learn from him with each episode

Grand Theft Auto doesn't try to take itself seriously, this thing was advertised (and you can even tell by just the cover) that is trying to be too cool and realistic... seems like it just never gets to that point
Hardline doesn't take itself seriously either. The whole game is about as silly as that cutscene.

Hardline doesn't take itself seriously either. The whole game is about as silly as that cutscene.

Wasn't it pitched as serious the very first time it appeared? Or maybe I'm thinking of the Kickstarter it came from...

And I think the suggestion that it's trying to be a cop drama, so by being that dumb and having no hook (to his claims, I don't know the game's full plot), it's failing at that.

border

Grand Theft Auto is never marketed as a cutesy, campy, or tongue-in-cheek.

At some point you have to take a game for what it is, rather than what the "pitch" or marketing promised.

I kinda doubt that the person writing a scene where a forklift full of cocaine gets hit by a train was thinking "Wow, this is going to be a gritty crime drama like Heat!"

Tregard

Soothsayer
*Begin corrections music*

There is nobody in the gaming insutry called Tom Bithell, there is a Mike Bithell, who wrote Thomas Was Alone.

*End corrections music*

Es tut mir leid

udivision

I feel the way he described that scene in the FFXV demo is probably why a handheld Pokemon game will never be "exciting" again to me.

Wasn't it pitched as serious the very first time it appeared? Or maybe I'm thinking of the Kickstarter it came from...

And I think the suggestion that it's trying to be a cop drama, so by being that dumb and having no hook (to his claims, I don't know the game's full plot), it's failing at that.
I don't remember it ever being pitched as being real gritty or serious. What do you mean about a Kickstarter?

I will agree though that the story and dialogue is pretty bad. Worse than the average game? Not really, but still disappointing.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Although we'll look at you funny if you do choose CSI over True Detective.

Top Bottom