• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

The last of bosmans..

really though, I wonder of The Last Bosman would be ok, I mean, it isn't Final.

But I got the perception from Kyle that he's no person who keeps doing the same, he will find something new to do
You think? Even the Final Final Bosman had some good ideas for future shows in it lol

The Last Bosman is gonna be shown at Sony's E3 press conference this year. It's time.

-hadouken

Final Bossman...

Resurrection!

gill-resurrection.gif

In addition, he's said that he's going to be doing a Final Bosman thing on the side, separate from Patreon pressures.

Glad to hear it. Was a bit worried that a new Bosman show wasn't on the cards at least early on based on the EZA Patreon. Good to hear there will be more to come. We might need a mod to change the thread title later?

In for the Patreon for their reviews, hoping for retrospectives and maybe something like Pop-Fiction? Was Damiani the one in charge of those? It says a new show of his is the $20,000 a month tier, so I'm wondering if that could be like Pop-Fiction. That'd be great to get back in action, since I think Defy Media got rid of the show as soon as they bought GT, right?

I don't have a super steady income, but I will contribute for these guys! Hope this sees a lot of success!

wiibomb

It sounds like he might actually be doing that now, but just unaffiliated with the funding.

EDIT: Ignore that link to his channel now
b140a0cb1cad9ab3c3747ac4a01a5eb9.png

awww.. I wanted it to be a equal production values, c'mon bosman! you now got the money for that on patreon!

LeleSocho

Banned
It sounds like he might actually be doing that now, but just unaffiliated with the funding.

EDIT: Ignore that link to his channel now
b140a0cb1cad9ab3c3747ac4a01a5eb9.png

???
How can something be lower production than The Final Bosman? He literally needed a desk and a chair to do that...
I am confused...

Vinc

???
How can something be lower production than The Final Bosman? He literally needed a desk and a chair to do that...
I am confused...

And a set, and lighting equipment, and a music library, and a professional video editor. He may not be able to commit to making the same kind of format anymore considering he was doing this full time before and can't do that anymore until the Patreon goes up much more!

Aroll

You have to consider the things that went into the show. It was simple - plenty of people on YT (including myself) can do sitting at a desk and other such things, not even using a greenscreen, and talk about games.

But there were a lot of small touches. Proper lighting - sure, you can buy your own lights cheaply (I have 4 of them), but I don't have basic training in the best setup for light distrobution. Still, that's a minor part he can still have.

I record using my iphone 6SPlus. The quality is good. Really good. It's also really inconsistent at times. It can be great one recording to barely passable the next. A lot of factors go into it. A professional grade camera is going to be much more consistent and of higher quality. So that's one downgrade that is likely to happen.

In addition, he doesn't have a professional video editor likely at his disposal full time and he may be stuck with a stationary camera recording all by himself versus having someone behind it that can zoom in during the recording and other things when he's doing stuff. This is before we get into the likely downgrade in audio recording equipment (even if he still uses a lapel mic, there is a huge financial investment to get one that is of top notch quality. A lot of the ones $200 and under just aren't that great and I've used a bunch of them. I always end up going back to my blue yeti - and while it's serviceable it's not as flexible for a show like this).

Then there is the video editing stuff. Adding in the after effects that make the shown shine , the effective music tracks that you need licensing to use, and all of that is before you get into the often funny, usually long skits he did in the Bonus Bits part that while simple on the whole, there is a ton of production planning involved.

So what appears simple actually takes a lot of time, dedication, and proper equipment. This is easy to do when your full time job is to create the show and talk on podcasts with an occasional livestream. But that was it - his job in a nutshell. It sounds like every single person in the new setup is there part time except MAYBE Brandon who is running the whole thing. That means he's working another job, possibly full time, and then still doing this stuff on the side in his spare time.

Of course, I think the goal would always be long haul to make it a full time gig. How much money do they need coming in per month thought to support all of the staff? 100k? They may some day hit their 50k mark, but it's going to take a pretty big chunk of change after patreon fees to even consider this crew doing it full time. When it's full time, that's when you see them back in full swing. Better equipment, maybe even a proper office again ($50,000 goal), and a full week of shows and possibly live coverage. The nice thing is that they already have a TON of industry contacts, so this is just a ragtag group of friends, but people who know exactly what they are doing. They just aren't going to commit fulltime until it's financially viable to do so. That's the time when you would see a new Bosman show get back to the quality we got used to. Until then, it's going to be a low budget thing he does on the side.

disap.ed

awww.. I wanted it to be a equal production values, c'mon bosman! you now got the money for that on patreon!

I really hope this will become a official EZA show, Patreon is already above 20k so there is hope that this could be bigger than he intended.

OMG Aero

I glad Kyle's back but I'm going to be bummed out if the low key at home nature of the show means we don't get any Bosman lore any more.

Tiu Neo

One of the best bonus bits series (Battle of the Bands) was drawings.

And even if there are no bonus bits after that (which I doubt, since even this episode had one), I'm just happy he is doing another show.

vdlow

I loved the more casual Final Bosman episodes, so I'm really glad about Bosman at Home. Can't wait for the PS4K episode.

Top Bottom