• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Oh, Barry! Okay I'm back in.

Why does Frost look shocked at seeing it was you, Barry? Do you have a face scar? Or a beard?

If I'd just attacked my friends and done my fiftieth heel turn, then ran into the God of Speed and he climbed out of his suit and revealed himself to be long haired hippie Barry Allen...

I would give him my sword.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The Flash is putting a ring on it, and it ain't Iris! Grant Gustin is engaged!

https://instagram.com/p/BTfXgZuhZYG/
https://instagram.com/p/BThQxMMBef5/

You know, in that second photo she kind of looks like...

kTuL7XU.jpg

- J - D -

We dont know. They will drag this out for two more seasons.

Nah no way. I can see them doing a season finale cliffhanger and drag it out to the first arc of season 4 though.

If I'd just attacked my friends and done my fiftieth heel turn, then ran into the God of Speed and he climbed out of his suit and revealed himself to be long haired hippie Barry Allen...

I would give him my sword.

I always thought her reaction would be like "Oh, it's you. Huh. That's...something."

The friends we made a long the way.

A miserable little pile of secrets.

lol.

I've actually really enjoyed this season.

ZeroX03

Banned

iosefe

i think being psychosomatic would have been better, but i guess her actually being messed up in the mind becasue of it is okay

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
i think being psychosomatic would have been better, but i guess her actually being messed up in the mind becasue of it is okay

. . . but why?

it doesn't seem to work that way for any other metahuman in the arrowverse

I don't get it

- J - D -

I think it's fine. You do lose some potentially great development with Caitlin by not allowing her full agency as Frost, but the way the character is written and how Panabaker plays Caitlin from the show's start, I've never really been convinced that Caitlin could consciously be Killer Frost anyway.

It did for Magenta and Rival, actually. I'm sure it has something to do with how they got their powers.

The difference is that Magenta and Rival not only got their Flashpoint powers, but also their memories from that reality. They became the people they were in Flashpoint- fully for Rival, partially for Magenta.

For Caitlin, I could see a case where, after losing Ronnie twice and being betrayed by not-Jay, as well as Zoom trying to make her embrace her inner darkness, she built up a defensive persona in her mind. A version of herself who nobody could hurt. Since she associated this darkness with her Earth 2 doppelganger Killer Frost, her powers sort of act as a trigger - not by their own nature, but her own knowledge of having them - that lets her alternate personality come to the surface. They don't make her evil, but she associates them with evil, thus allows herself to go to that dark place when she's aware that her powers are active.

caliph95

The difference is that Magenta and Rival not only got their Flashpoint powers, but also their memories from that reality. They became the people they were in Flashpoint- fully for Rival, partially for Magenta.

For Caitlin, I could see a case where, after losing Ronnie twice and being betrayed by not-Jay, as well as Zoom trying to make her embrace her inner darkness, she built up a defensive persona in her mind. A version of herself who nobody could hurt. Since she associated this darkness with her Earth 2 doppelganger Killer Frost, her powers sort of act as a trigger - not by their own nature, but her own knowledge of having them - that lets her alternate personality come to the surface. They don't make her evil, but she associates them with evil, thus allows herself to go to that dark place when she's aware that her powers are active.
Well yeah but that requires effort and clever writing and that is too hard.

Seriously it's amazing how little they developed this plotline

ZeroX03

Banned
SAVITAR IS FINALLY REVEALED AS
DISAPPOINTING
ON TONIGHT'S ALL NEW FLASH

#3.20 "I Know Who You Are"
Episode Promo
VIBE FACES OFF AGAINST KILLER FROST - Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team meet Tracy Brand (guest star Anne Dudek), a scientist, who may be the key to stopping Savitar. Unfortunately, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) is also after Tracy so Team Flash must battle their old friend, which proves to be particularly difficult for Cisco (Carlos Valdes). Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Cecile's (guest star Danielle Nicolet) relationship takes a big turn as she considers asking HR (Tom Cavanagh) to join in. Hanelle Culpepper directed the episode written by Bronwen Clark & Joshua V. Gilbert.
fla320a-0052b-993131.jpg

Magwik

Banned
The worst part about how they handle Killer Frost is that I genuinely really love her design and it gives Panabaker something new to work with that's not usual Caitlyn.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Final Guess: Savitar is Lily Stein. She designed the speed force suit so she could exist outside of time in case the Black Flash ever tried to undo her existence since she's a time aberration. She kills Iris because she knows Barry will do anything to save her, meaning he needs to maintain the timeline in which Lily Stein exists. Still crunching the speed force math on all this.

b536f4c30b80f7fd99d7d8d153513d52

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Bets on how deep into the episode Barry finds out Savitar's identity?

I'm going to go with the last five minutes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just want people to be happy over the minor victory of it probably not being the stinger.

TDLink

I've really gotta say, this season sucks. It's a big shame because Flash in S1 was so good, and I still felt S2 was strong despite a clear step down from S1.

But S3...it's just awful. To sum up my problems:

The fun feels entirely sucked out of it. Everyone is moping around all the time now, this isn't how the show used to be! First it was moping about changing Cisco's brother's fate, now it's moping about Savitar killing Iris. It brings all the characters down and I end up just not caring.

They completely bungled the Flashpoint/reality changing plot point. I don't care about being faithful to some sort of comic event, this wasn't faithful to the show it was a part of. It was essentially one episode, there were barely any repercussions, and by the mid-season finale it basically didn't matter that Flashpoint happened (or rather, barely matters).

The Savitar plot-line sucks. At this point I don't care who it is. Whatever the answer is, it will be disappointing and something predictable. Wells being Reverse Flash was lightning in a bottle and they can't try to repeat that twist every year...but they have been. There's some serious diminishing returns at this point. It's boring to see Barry fight a speedster every year and frankly the stakes don't seem higher than the past. Clearly Savitar is going to turn out to be someone we know, but it'll be so late in the season that it's something we can't connect to with the same impact as S1 or even S2.

Caitlyn being Killer Frost is character assassination. Literally the only reason it's happening is because that is what she is in the comics. It would have been fine as a one off episode thing, but now it's just a permanent and stupid plot point. She has ice powers that make her go evil...this is so dumb. Either cure her somehow or don't have her powers also alter her brain (something we haven't seen with -any- other metahuman). She's been a main character since the pilot, it's an awful thing to do to the character with no logical reason.

I do like one thing, Julian is a nice addition to the cast. If only everyone would let loose and have some fun again.

At this point even if the last few episodes are great, it doesn't justify this entire plodding season. And I kinda doubt they will be at this point.

Arrow and Legends have been huge improvements this year so it really sucks to see Flash having such a weak year comparatively when in the past it was the strongest of the pack.

LotusHD

Banned
I've really gotta say, this season sucks. It's a big shame because Flash in S1 was so good, and I still felt S2 was strong despite a clear step down from S1.

But S3...it's just awful. To sum up my problems:

The fun feels entirely sucked out of it. Everyone is moping around all the time now, this isn't how the show used to be! First it was moping about changing Cisco's brother's fate, now it's moping about Savitar killing Iris. It brings all the characters down and I end up just not caring.

They completely bungled the Flashpoint/reality changing plot point. I don't care about being faithful to some sort of comic event, this wasn't faithful to the show it was a part of. It was essentially one episode, there were barely any repercussions, and by the mid-season finale it basically didn't matter that Flashpoint happened (or rather, barely matters).

The Savitar plot-line sucks. At this point I don't care who it is. Whatever the answer is, it will be disappointing and something predictable. Wells being Reverse Flash was lightning in a bottle and they can't try to repeat that twist every year...but they have been. There's some serious diminishing returns at this point. It's boring to see Barry fight a speedster every year and frankly the stakes don't seem higher than the past. Clearly Savitar is going to turn out to be someone we know, but it'll be so late in the season that it's something we can't connect to with the same impact as S1 or even S2.

Caitlyn being Killer Frost is character assassination. Literally the only reason it's happening is because that is what she is in the comics. It would have been fine as a one off episode thing, but now it's just a permanent and stupid plot point. She has ice powers that make her go evil...this is so dumb. Either cure her somehow or don't have her powers also alter her brain (something we haven't seen with -any- other metahuman). She's been a main character since the pilot, it's an awful thing to do to the character with no logical reason.

I do like one thing, Julian is a nice addition to the cast. If only everyone would let loose and have some fun again.

At this point even if the last few episodes are great, it doesn't justify this entire plodding season. And I kinda doubt they will be at this point.

Arrow and Legends have been huge improvements this year so it really sucks to see Flash having such a weak year comparatively when in the past it was the strongest of the pack.

Completely agreed.

Top Bottom