• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

CryptiK

What if his suit is what makes him a speedster, and without it hes just normal. Barry didnt know this and best option was to trap him.

What if his suit is what makes him a speedster, and without it hes just normal. Barry didnt know this and best option was to trap him.

That's a theory that was running in my head.

By this point, anything is viable.

Also on the boat that the person inside the suit is a time remnant and the suit masks the Speed Force usage from the Speed Force dimension, their Time Wraiths, and Black Flash.

So in that instance, it's Eddie who was turned into Cobalt Blue and used future tech/philosopher's stone to make his own Speed Force suit to chase down Barry. Killing his love and Barry's love, Iris, was his ultimate goal in life.

Magwik

Banned
OH

If Savitar is Barry then the guest star for #22 makes perfect sense.
Who's iced Barry more times than Captain Cold? Savitar should be a breeze for him.

Finish Line also makes sense as a title for the finale considering the first two were Fast Enough and The Race of His Life.
I honestly think Legends
stopped them from using Thawne too much. Imagine if Barry had to go to Thawne to ask for help to stop himself.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I can exhibit an incredible amount of suspension of belief...but the most recent episode was the first to frustrate me.
  • Killer Frost makes an ice wall 5 ft from a speedster and escapes.
  • "This woman will develop technology to stop Savitar, which is readily available in this future you are currently in...ok bye and good luck!"
Here's hoping everyone gets smarter next season.

WedgeX

Banned
I can exhibit an incredible amount of suspension of belief...but the most recent episode was the first to frustrate me.
  • Killer Frost makes an ice wall 5 ft from a speedster and escapes.
  • "This woman will develop technology to stop Savitar, which is readily available in this future you are currently in...ok bye and good luck!"
Here's hoping everyone gets smarter next season.

They've been slowly churning out reasons for Barry not to have extra help. Future Barry doesn't know the name (why do they even need the name, again?). The scientist can't be found. Jay had to take Barry's place. Jessie had to protect Jay's world.

All could be Eddie.

It very well could be.

I honestly don't know why they need an actual name/identity for Savitar, like WedgeX said.

They've also been nerfing Barry really badly. Within a few/couple years and Barry has already peaked? Numbers are dumb and all but it's really stupid of them to mention Machs in the beginning when they don't even know what constitutes a Mach. It is really just whatever they feel like giving a number to Barry, Wally, etc.

Kind of weird that Caitlin can react and her combat speed is faster than Barry during that scene. As she was forming the wall, shouldn't Barry see that moving in really REALLY slow motion? Instead let's just stand there and let her form a wall that Barry can easily phase through.

Boke1879

It very well could be.

I honestly don't know why they need an actual name/identity for Savitar, like WedgeX said.

They've also been nerfing Barry really badly. Within a few/couple years and Barry has already peaked? Numbers are dumb and all but it's really stupid of them to mention Machs in the beginning when they don't even know what constitutes a Mach. It is really just whatever they feel like giving a number to Barry, Wally, etc.

Kind of weird that Caitlin can react and her combat speed is faster than Barry during that scene. As she was forming the wall, shouldn't Barry see that moving in really REALLY slow motion? Instead let's just stand there and let her form a wall that Barry can easily phase through.

They gotta do that though. Otherwise you wouldn't have a show and there would be no struggle.

Begaria

Chalk me up as one of the believers in The Future Flash Barry being Savitar theory. The thinking behind it is way too sound and the Savitar suit looks far closer to The Future Flash than it actually does to Savitar from the comics.

i-Lo

That last episode was disappointing. It's just KF's reaction in the end and her comment in the future as to who it is baffles me.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Anyone in here a cord cutter? If so, how do you watch the episodes? Just downloading them on Amazon/iTunes the next day? I thought I remember hearing that the CW app was out and you could watch episodes on that as well.

Hulu doesn't carry these shows does it?

Magwik

Banned
Anyone in here a cord cutter? If so, how do you watch the episodes? Just downloading them on Amazon/iTunes the next day? I thought I remember hearing that the CW app was out and you could watch episodes on that as well.

No Hulu anymore.
The new deal is:
CW App next day
Netflix 1 week after season finishes.
Can still buy digitally on iTunes and such.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
No Hulu anymore.
The new deal is:
CW App next day
Netflix 1 week after season finishes.
Can still buy digitally on iTunes and such.

Awesome. Thank you for the help! I gotta see if the CW App is on Roku, as that might be my new way to save cash. I'm just sick of getting gouged on pricing by Comcast for essentially like 8 hours of television I watch a week.

Magwik

Banned
Awesome. Thank you for the help! I gotta see if the CW App is on Roku, as that might be my new way to save cash. I'm just sick of getting gouged on pricing by Comcast for essentially like 8 hours of television I watch a week.
If you live in the areas serviced, YouTube TV is the only digital TV package that offers the CW channel.

Blackage

This is gonna sound silly but did anyone ever watch Danny Phantom? :p

I feel like Barry/Savitar is just the Danny/Dark Danny story all over again. Saviatar has to make sure he breaks Barry so it eventually leads down the path of him becoming Savitar in the future? Self fulfilling prophecy timeloop?

CW app is available on Roku, iOS and Android devices, and the XBox family of consoles.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
We didn't ask ourselves this with Eobard.

Eobard spelled it out. "I tried to be a hero, but I found that history had already decided I was not."

Zoom was just stupid crazy. So following his motivations with the next overcostumed speedster isn't desirable in any way.

This is gonna sound silly but did anyone ever watch Danny Phantom? :p

I feel like Barry/Savitar is just the Danny/Dark Danny story all over again. Saviatar has to make sure he breaks Barry so it eventually leads down the path of him becoming Savitar in the future? Self fulfilling prophecy timeloop?

That kinda makes sense.

DP was kind of wasted potential as a show, but that story was genuinely the best thing to come out of it.

Caelus

That's still so. fucking. weak, though.

He accepts that shit

What a little bitch

I think it's a pretty interesting bootstrap paradox for a supervillan origin. He goes mad because he finds out he becomes a villan, he becomes a villan because he goes mad. Add to that the egomania of being a supergenius and you've got inevitability.

Legends did a pretty good job of showing what happens when he rewrote reality, he basically becomes a humanitarian scientist genius who solves the world's problems.

WedgeX

Banned

No over the air broadcasts?

I catch up via the CW website which has five episodes back typically, or Netflix later on down the road.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

CW is on Roku and it's completely free. I use it all the time

Joni

Eobard spelled it out. "I tried to be a hero, but I found that history had already decided I was not."
It is basically nothing though, a throwaway line in the middle of a lot of uncertainty about how they first clashed. What happened on that original timeline for instance. Compared to zoom, we have a lot less gaps in the why and how. That just doesn't make him a better villain.

carlsojo

CW app is totally free and pretty decent. Episodes will pop up around 1-130AM after the premiere if you're a night owl like me.

Magwik

Banned
The more things change the more they stay the safe
D2z8jfq.gif

sirap

RF/Thawne's origin is even more tragic when you consider his deep knowledge of time-travel and the speedforce.

No matter what you do to change the future, time will always find a way to correct itself. And time has decided that Eobard Thawne will always be the villain.

Of course it's all comic bullshit anyway.

jwk94

So what's stopping Thawne from just using his powers to help with his everyday life, and ignoring the whole hero/villain thing?

DeathyBoy

Banned
So what's stopping Thawne from just using his powers to help with his everyday life, and ignoring the whole hero/villain thing?

Not sure what people aren't getting - he's an asshole. He was always an asshole. Flash is just his excuse. Without Flash, he's still an asshole - see LOT.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hold up, is his real life fiancé named L?

Her real name is Andrea Thoma.

Her Instagram/Internet persona name is LA Thoma.

Grant refers to her as L in captions.

I just looked this up and did not know it beforehand.

Please believe me.

Top Bottom