• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Savitar is a time remnant of Barry.

The true timeline is the one in which Iris lives, marries Barry and write the article.

For some reason Iris is prematurely killed. After Iris' death, Barry realizes he could have saved her if he knew it was coming.

Barry adopts the Savitar persona, and travels back into the true timeline to force Barry to get fast enough to save Iris.

Sounds like a certain Playstation 3 game.

The true timeline is the one in which Iris lives, marries Barry and write the article.

For some reason Iris is prematurely killed. After Iris' death, Barry realizes he could have saved her if he knew it was coming.

Barry adopts the Savitar persona, and travels back into the true timeline to force Barry to get fast enough to save Iris.

Time Remnants are made to die.

If you don't clean up after yourself, the Speed Force sends Time Wraiths or this motherfucker to do the job. Savitar is a Time Remnant who wants to kill Barry (but destroy him first) so that he can live. The armor masks him from Black Flash.

Permanently A

Time Remnants are made to die.

If you don't clean up after yourself, the Speed Force sends Time Wraiths or this motherfucker to do the job. Savitar is a Time Remnant who wants to kill Barry (but destroy him first) so that he can live. The armor masks him from Black Flash.

Savitar IS cleaning up after himself. The timeline in which Iris dies and the desolate future we saw is an alternate future resulting from Iris' death. The time remnant version of Barry from this future goes back to undo Iris' death. He also can't undo the death HIMSELF, because it would create another paradox for which the Speedforce would correct - forcibly. So he is forced to indirectly train Barry to prevent the death to undo the branching. By undoing the branching, he erases the alternate timeline as well as himself.

Also this theory allows Savitar to be an
evil mentor
which I think is the strongest evidence for it yet.

caliph95

Why not sure

Boke1879

So why was Killer Frost so anxious to help this version of Barry?

Because it's Barry?

That said. My first guess was that it was a future version of Barry. Especially when he described his motivations.

I thought Savitar AKA Barry. Was preparing this Flash for some difficult trial ahead. And the only way to train and make sure he was ready was to rid him of all "attachments" so to speak.

Because it's Barry?

That said. My first guess was that it was a future version of Barry. Especially when he described his motivations.

I thought Savitar AKA Barry. Was preparing this Flash for some difficult trial ahead. And the only way to train and make sure he was ready was to rid him of all "attachments" so to speak.

But then why didn't she listen to present version of Barry?

Also it really would be hilarious if Flash copied the plot from the first Infamous game.

WedgeX

Banned
Thoughts for the eventual reveal:

Barry - makes sense, own greatest enemy, etc.
Wally - paralyzed by his own self (time paradox!), eventually gets put in some machine Barry creates to get him out of his funk but instead goes crazy
Eddie - revived by the Speedforce, hates Iris and Barry for being happy. Some bullshit as he died a hero
Ronnie - makes sense that Killer Frost would turn to his side. Body never discovered because he got pullled into the timeforce. some bullshit because he died a hero

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The show would never make its heroes into its villains. That's why Savitar isn't Ronnie or Eddie.

ZeroX03

Banned
I read that the title and synopsis for Episode 22 have been revealed with a big spoiler.

Oh they sure have. He's back, folks.
It's the exact plot of #1.22 lol. Pissed the episode wasn't called Rogue Something.

#3.22 "Infantino Street"
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS; WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD - With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris (Candice Patton), Barry (Grant Gustin) struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, The Flash turns to Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) for help. Michael Allowitz directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Grainne Godfree (#322). Original airdate 5/16/2017.

My head hurts. I hope the next villain is not speed/speed force related.

They're already said he won't be. It looks like it's The Thinker.

Magwik

Banned
It's the exact plot of #1.22 lol. Pissed the episode wasn't called Rogue Something.

#3.22 "Infantino Street"

This season is like a poor man's greatest hits

#3.22 "Infantino Street"

It's cool but given
the fact that he died during Legends how is he going to be in this episode?

caliph95

#3.22 "Infantino Street"

Confused spoilers for LOT
Cold is dead right how can he be in this episode

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
An important update from Cisco:

9cgmwVw.png

So Barry ran to the future again. The year 2024 to be exact. Since time travel has worked out so well for us recently, I guess he figured, why not? I really can’t blame the guy though. He’s desperate to know who Savitar is. We all are. Which I suppose brings us to the $64,000 question…

By the way, I don’t know what that reference means. My abuelo used to say that anytime a really important question came up. I think it was a TV show… Huh… maybe that’s where I get it from…

Anyway, Barry didn’t find out Savitar’s identity, but he did learn that Caitlin teams up with him in the future. Which is devastating, but at least we can cross her off the list of potential Savitars. I never had her on my list (to be fair, I don’t actually have a list. I’m not Julian), but I guess in a Scream sort of way, it’s always good to eliminate the possibility that someone’s a villain.

Barry’s being super secretive about what he saw in the future. He doesn’t want to spoil anyone’s destiny. Which is one of those things I totally know is right in my head, but in my heart, I’m like, “Just freaking tell me! Are Gypsy and I back together? Are we married? Do we have a little family of gibes?” (Caitlin likes Gypco as a moniker for our dynamic, but I think Gibe is the clear winner)

Actually, now that I write it out loud, maybe I don’t want to know. What if we never get back together? What if I’m married to Lisa Snart? I mean, she obviously has her perks, but those in-laws are a no thank you situation.

Barry did say that he picked up a piece of intel in the future that may help us track Savitar, but he’s playing it pretty close to the vest right now. I can tell you this – if it involves someone putting on that creepy headset to talk to Savitar, I ain’t doing it. They can knock themselves out. Cisco’s not playing. I’ve had too many nightmares and gone through too many bed sheets to go down that road again.

kurahador

So if Savitar is the culmination of evil Barry that somehow split and gain consciousness in the future, does that justify why Barry has been such an asshole throughout this season?
Would be an acceptable explanation I think.

As to why he keep trying to make Barry suffer, you have to remember how Barry reacted whenever hard situations come up --- he turns into an asshole.
So all along, Savitar plan was to give birth to himself.

Maddocks

I'm sticking to Barry as Savitar, but I would love for it to be Eobard, just for the fuckery of it all. Just for the,"yeah, I'm back, so what do something Barry you loser."

caliph95

Code:
[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/914/325/e4b.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/929/952/31c.jpg[/IMG]

Magwik

Banned
At this point the reveal doesn't concern me.
All I care about is the logic. While Zoom was dumb, at least he's just a crazy fucking serial killer obsessed with speed. That's more than Savitar will probably ever have.

ZeroX03

Banned
We'll be able to tell who Savitar is thanks to the 'Previously on...' and they'll show Eddie or whoever for like thirty seconds.

Poyunch

Is this like Palpatine making power plays because he knows a bunch of aliens are coming to conquer their galaxy? Is that what's happening?

Xenoboy

Last episode's name is
Finish Line
, considering a person from reddit posted the title of episode 22 before its synopsis was released.

In regards to episode 22,
I think it'll have something to do with ARGUS, since Lyla is supposed to show up in one of the last episodes

ZeroX03

Banned
OH

If Savitar is Barry then the guest star for #22 makes perfect sense.
Who's iced Barry more times than Captain Cold? Savitar should be a breeze for him.

Finish Line also makes sense as a title for the finale considering the first two were Fast Enough and The Race of His Life.

OH

If Savitar is Barry then the guest star for #22 makes perfect sense.
Who's iced Barry more times than Captain Cold? Savitar should be a breeze for him.

Finish Line also makes sense as a title for the finale considering the first two were Fast Enough and The Race of His Life.

I also read that the title for #22 is the street name where Iris dies in the future.

Top Bottom