• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Maybe this

latest

Was what happened to Caitlin? Savitar is just very, very good looking.

He's from the timeline where SnowBarry shippers won.

ZeroX03

Banned
Savita better not be future barry

At this point, who's a better choice? Future Barry is interesting and at least slightly wacky.

Really they've fucked themselves really hard here. Unless they're insane geniuses, have some amazing reveal that seems both natural and a complete surprises and it contextualizes the entire season into something amazing, which isn't going to happen.

Just realized that the Savitar who came out of the Speed Force trap is the one Barry catches in it. He exists in a closed time loop.

Oh the timeline with that dude is a MESS.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
At this point it matters less to me who Savitar is and what matters more to me is what he is going to do. I want to know this guy's end game, if he even has one. If it is just 'lol Iris dies and I run away' then I'll be disappointed.

Also, what is Barry going to do this season with the speed force or time that will bring out Black Flash to chase him? You don't introduce a villain that even RF is afraid of and not utilize him. Maybe they'll play the long game with him and have him be the reason Barry disappeared in 2024.

jb1234

At this point it matters less to me who Savitar is and what matters more to me is what he is going to do. I want to know this guy's end game, if he even has one. If it is just 'lol Iris dies and I run away' then I'll be disappointed.

I can't speak for the rest of you but I've gotten the impression all season that the writers think I care about Iris more than I actually do.

GulAtiCa

Zoom is already Black Flash now anyways. So would be a little weird on why Savitar would be Zoom, or even why Zoom would even need a suit.

Maybe creating Flashpoint has created another Barry, and that Barry is Savitar. It would explain why he's pissed at the non-flashpoint Barry.

Fuck timelines

I reckon it's Eddie, I don't see why they bring the actor back just for the speedforce apparition unless it was to remind/inform new viewers his death was a thing with current importance.

Speaking of Eddie, I went into season 1 knowing Reverse Flash was in it hiding as another character. Obviously I assumed Eddie Thawne. So for a little while I was loving this idea of RF fucking with Barry by being the sweetest guy around while also banging Iris. It was hilarious. Of course Wells being RF was still the best thing about the season.

Magwik

Banned
Alright imma give my hand at a list of events for this nonsense

Timeline:
  • End of Season 2, Barry goes back in time and creates Flashpoint
  • After spending some time there he regrets it and reverts the timeline
  • Somehow the creation of Flashpoint gives Savitar the chance to escape
  • His plan is to use the Philosophers stone of the past to create a following and bring over metahumans from Flashpoint with the ultimate goal of giving Wally his powers and trapping him in the speedforce?
  • Savitar at the beginning is from the future, which means he has lived through these events already
  • Wally gets whammied, eventually gets his powers
  • part of the stone is tossed in the speedforce, Barry briefly sees the future where Savitar has escaped and kills Iris
  • Savitar begins mind fucking Wally to lure him into tossing the remaining piece in the speedforce
  • Wally is an idiot, does it, gets thrown in the speedforce
  • Barry goes in to save him, Jay sacrifices himself and stays for them both
  • Jessie also then discovers that Savitar is a man in a suit and not a speed god
  • Future still hasn't changed, Barry goes to the future
  • Future Barry was unable to save Iris, traps (new) savitar (?) in the Speedforce
  • Gives Barry a lead on some lady who can help with speedforce stuff

However what we are missing is:
  • Savitar indicated that Barry would soon seem him be born, which means Savitar's origins are tied to this season's events
  • If Savitar is created, that means there are two versions of Savitar that exist by the end of the season. The first, and the new.
  • Savitar existed outside/before Flashpoint(?)
  • Savitar has to be tied to the philoshopher's stone
  • Savitar is someone Caitlyn instantly recognizes and respects
  • Savitar MUST kill Iris to further his goals
  • If Barry saves Iris then that means Savitar no longer exists in a closed time loop(?)
  • What does Savitar do for the 4 years after killing Iris? What are his goals?
iyQ7hPg.gif

StaticJam..... I applaud you for your efforts but it's useless and I think you might have put more thought into that then the writers did.

The funny thing is that there should and be 2 Savitars now or by the end, lol.

Billfisto

Speaking of Eddie, I went into season 1 knowing Reverse Flash was in it hiding as another character. Obviously I assumed Eddie Thawne. So for a little while I was loving this idea of RF fucking with Barry by being the sweetest guy around while also banging Iris. It was hilarious. Of course Wells being RF was still the best thing about the season.

I think it's even better that Eddie was just the sweetest, nicest guy, with absolutely no ulterior motive or guile.

Eddie was great to Iris, seemed to genuinely enjoy Barry's presence even though Barry was basically trying to mess up his relationship, always helpful and willing to lend an ear, and when the chips came down, he was willing to sacrifice himself for all his friends.

Eddie was a goddamn saint, and I'll be very upset if they sully his character by going "lol, he's upset now". I mean, plot-wise, it makes sense. Eddie has every reason to be upset with Barry. But what made Eddie great is that he wasn't upset.

Boke1879

I'm still going with Jay. Right now he's stuck in the Speed Force. What if he went mad?

He realized how much of a fuck up Barry is and how he never fucking listens to anything. So him being crazy being stuck in the Speed Force he just decides it's time to make Barry suffer.

IDK. It's clearly someone we know. And they know everything about Team Flash. The only people would be Ronnie, Eddie or Jay.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alright imma give my hand at a list of events for this nonsense
iyQ7hPg.gif

Looking at it as a whole, it sounds like several abandoned ideas cobbled together

Why is Savitar even waiting? He's faster than Barry now. He could just kill Iris and every member of Team Flash now. And now we've seen a future and that's all he does. Seems like he only has it out for the West family specifically.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Did they ever explain why Caitlin seems to be the only person that seems to have a personality change due to her powers? I never quite understood that.

WedgeX

Banned
Did they ever explain why Caitlin seems to be the only person that seems to have a personality change due to her powers? I never quite understood that.

Caitlin....and literally everyone except Barry (well, he got dumb), Wally (was briefly evil but then got dumb), and Plastique (who was not dumb but got killed but General Eiling). All the other Earth-one metas in season one and two became evil.

Edit:

Oh and Crisco didn't become evil.

And Ronnie was crazy for a while?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Again, run through every metahuman superhero and then run through the number of villains. Evil is clearly the default.

A more direct answer to your question is Magenta.

iosefe

I believe it to be psychosomatic.

Her image of herself was tainted knowing killer frost existed. She is ruled by the fear that she could become her. And that fear made it true

This is the season of Nerfing the more broken aspects of Barry's powers

Don't change the past because you might kill Cisco's brother

Don't make time remnants because you might create Savitar

carlsojo

Looking at it as a whole, it sounds like several abandoned ideas cobbled together

Why is Savitar even waiting? He's faster than Barry now. He could just kill Iris and every member of Team Flash now. And now we've seen a future and that's all he does. Seems like he only has it out for the West family specifically.

I was wondering that myself. Why does he need to kill Iris, and why does he need to kill Iris in that specific point in time? Why does he need to team up with Frost at all?

This will probably all be hand-waved away.

Pretty obvious writers have been making shit up as they go along for the past 2 seasons.

Maybe they will get lucky with the Savitar reveal.

Permanently A

Savitar is a time remnant of Barry.

The true timeline is the one in which Iris lives, marries Barry and write the article.

For some reason Iris is prematurely killed. After Iris' death, Barry realizes he could have saved her if he knew it was coming.

Barry adopts the Savitar persona, and travels back into the true timeline to force Barry to get fast enough to save Iris.

carlsojo

The true timeline is the one in which Iris lives, marries Barry and write the article.

For some reason Iris is prematurely killed. After Iris' death, Barry realizes he could have saved her if he knew it was coming.

Barry adopts the Savitar persona, and travels back into the true timeline to force Barry to get fast enough to save Iris.

I don't hate this explanation.

ShadyK54

hxdCpt2.gif

Magwik

Banned

"Everything that you took from me, I want it back"
Def a time remnant of Barry
"You are cruel, you are selfish, from my perspective, you're the big bad"
"only one of us could live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhnNqUTyacg
"You're there when you become who I am"
"I created myself, Barry"

Top Bottom