• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

was nice seeing Barry smiling and being all goofy again, we don't get enough of that lately

surprised Team Flash just let Caitlin walk out like that. should've had Barry and Wally hit her with a one-two-speed punch and throw her in the meta jail to remove a piece off Savitar's board at least

You'd be the smartest man at STAR labs if you proposed that

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think we're focusing on the fact that it's the antepenultimate episode a little too much. It's a good, fun episode that if placed somewhere in the middle would probably be looked upon much more kindly.

But it does highlight the misstep of trying to make Savitar's identity the big reveal, especially compared to how Arrow handled it's murderer's mystery this year. The identity of Savitar should never have been made the most interesting thing about the character; how the team figures out how to beat him should have been the focus.

How do you beat a future version of yourself? It's a ridiculous paradox that only a show like this can give you and that's actually really great. Imagine Barry getting amnesia and him spending two episodes like this, it's interesting and if given room to breath can actually speak to what is inside the heart of a hero. That would especially help to counterbalance this evil version of Barry we know is running around.

The parts are all here this season, but it just isn't coming together like it needs to.

I think we're focusing on the fact that it's the antepenultimate episode a little too much. It's a good, fun episode that if placed somewhere in the middle would probably be looked upon much more kindly.

But it does highlight the misstep of trying to make Savitar's identity the big reveal, especially compared to how Arrow handled it's murderer's mystery this year. The identity of Savitar should never have been made the most interesting thing about the character; how the team figures out how to beat him should have been the focus.

How do you beat a future version of yourself? It's a ridiculous paradox that only a show like this can give you and that's actually really great. Imagine Barry getting amnesia and him spending two episodes like this, it's interesting and if given room to breath can actually speak to what is inside the heart of a hero. That would especially help to counterbalance this evil version of Barry we know is running around.

The parts are all here this season, but it just isn't coming together like it needs to.
I think they should of done the reveal way earlier and then the setup should of been bow to defeat him. It seems like most people were just upset how long it took rather than the reveal itself?

LionPride

Banned

Like I said, pacing has been awful, the reason it is being focused on that this is the second to last episode, is because this pacing has been so sluggish and trash. This is a good episode to have...8 or 9 episodes back. The Supergirl musical episode, and I know it was a scheduling thing, works earlier in the season. The season had parts that worked, but the product did not come together at all

Ashhong

I don't particularly care about the thread title. I do care that people think Barry being Savitar, at any point within the last 6 episodes, is a spoiler.

It's a "Thanos is in this" level spoiler.

And, again, it's something the Reverse Flash said. It's not even the thing Reverse Flash said at the beginning of the season that actually would give it away (Whose the villain now?).

To be spoiled by this you would had to have already spoiled yourself by thinking about Savitar's identity for more than 15 seconds.

Haven't watched today's episode yet but this is a bullshit post. Just because you and many other posters were able to figure out the twist does not make it any less of a spoiler. Maybe yes, you can speculate that it was Barry, but until it's fully revealed it's still speculation. Get off your fucking high horse

ZeroX03

Banned
Haven't watched today's episode yet but this is a bullshit post. Just because you and many other posters were able to figure out the twist does not make it any less of a spoiler. Maybe yes, you can speculate that it was Barry, but until it's fully revealed it's still speculation. Get off your fucking high horse

Damn, good thing you aren't being extremely aggressive or anything. Again, the title is only a spoiler if you're predisposed to thinking Barry is Savitar anyway. If you haven't seen the season at all, it's just a RF reference.

Also how many people have actually been spoiled by the title or are just complaining about it on behalf of others?

Ashhong

Damn, good thing you aren't being extremely aggressive or anything. Again, the title is only a spoiler if you're predisposed to thinking Barry is Savitar anyway. If you haven't seen the season at all, it's just a RF reference.

Also how many people have actually been spoiled by the title or are just complaining about it on behalf of others?

I'm not talking about the title or anything like that. Just his post and the notion that "you should have been smart enough to know the twist".

Mariolee

I really enjoyed this episode, which like many posters have said is more than I could say for a lot of this season. It was refreshingly light and fun, which allows me to take in the cheese and plot holes more easily.

ZeroX03

Banned
AV Club: B+
Barry rediscovers the fun of being The Flash in a very meta episode

I'm not talking about the title or anything like that. Just his post and the notion that "you should have been smart enough to know the twist".

I mean the fifteen seconds thing is a bit mean, but by the last few episodes Barry was essentially the only candidate.

Realyn

Episode 21, the one after the big big reveal of the season: No Savitar. Well, amazing. Totally annoyed by a filler episode in that slot. Not saying it was a bad episode, just at the wrong time.

jb1234

Episode 21, the one after the big big reveal of the season: No Savitar. Well, amazing. Totally annoyed by a filler episode in that slot. Not saying it was a bad episode, just at the wrong time.

Increasingly getting the feeling that they're saving all the fireworks for the finale.

ZeroX03

Banned
Increasingly getting the feeling that they're saving all the fireworks for the finale.

The last two finales have been like 90% the team giving Barry motivational prep talks lol, I wouldn't expect much. All that budget is going toward King Shark, the penultimate episode is where they go big.

morningbus

My post is only about being spoiled from the title.

If the title spoiled you, you already knew. That's my point.

mm04

I'm so glad Caitlin didn't kill Julian, because I was REALLY getting the oh boy she's going to kill Julian vibe for a few seconds. I actually like Julian as part of the team. He's grown on me and I'm finally not seeing him as Draco Malfoy anymore.

jwk94

I'm so glad Caitlin didn't kill Julian, because I was REALLY getting the oh boy she's going to kill Julian vibe for a few seconds. I actually like Julian as part of the team. He's grown on me and I'm finally not seeing him as Draco Malfoy anymore.
She's waiting until Ronnie comes home. That'll be enough to kill him.

jobrro

Enjoyed the episode. Perhaps it was filler, but it was pretty light and funny at times and I would take that over manufactured romance drama anyday. We also had an info dump at the start.

Next episode looks like some fun too from the preview. I would prefer a little filler here and there than revealing all in the final episode of a 23 episode season run. It's a TV show, not every episode can be as epic as Thor 2: The Dark World.

jb1234

This was definitely better than the show has been for a while, if only because they dropped the dour tone and let Gustin have some fun. That said, it's hard to look past that the entire premise for the episode relied on the characters being monumentally stupid. "Gee, let's mess with Barry's brain! What could possibly go wrong?"

LotusHD

Banned
Enjoyed the episode. Perhaps it was filler, but it was pretty light and funny at times and I would take that over manufactured romance drama anyday. We also had an info dump at the start.

Next episode looks like some fun too from the preview. I would prefer a little filler here and there than revealing all in the final episode of a 23 episode season run. It's a TV show, not every episode can be as epic as Thor 2: The Dark World.

No one generally minds good filler. (Loved the musical episode for example) Not every episode has to be super epic. But the thing is, we wouldn't have to worry about "revealing all" in the final episode if they actually made an attempt to have good pacing this season.

Anyone else annoyed by them constantly having Iris in the most sexiest figure hugging outfits?

as a loner geek who never gets laid i feel like they're teasing me now

:(

Two things:

1) You can't convict fire dude without Barry? This guy doesn't look like he keeps things on the downlow.

2) If you guys don't want Barry and thus Savitar to know your plan... don't tell Barry. Done. Why do you have to be so extra about it?

ZeroX03

Banned
2) If you guys don't want Barry and thus Savitar to know your plan... don't tell Barry. Done. Why do you have to be so extra about it?

How else are they supposed to get the alien power source without Barry? It's not like they've got anyone else with powers they can use.

caliph95

Well this was great filler episode though i agree it would have been better placed episodes ago but at least we got a better and fun episode we had in a while

How else are they supposed to get the alien power source without Barry? It's not like they've got anyone else with powers they can use.

They did not know they needed that much power when they started this plan! And second, I doubt anything they do will be something Wally can't do!

Magwik

Banned
Anyone else annoyed by them constantly having Iris in the most sexiest figure hugging outfits?

as a loner geek who never gets laid i feel like they're teasing me now

:(

It's like being severely out of shape and going to the gym
You see attractive people and don't have to worry about anything because you know for a fact that there are dozens of better looking and more interesting people in the same room as you.
They did not know they needed that much power when they started this plan! And second, I doubt anything they do will be something Wally can't do!

He'll probably be off speed-banging Jessie again

morningbus

Two things:

1) You can't convict fire dude without Barry? This guy doesn't look like he keeps things on the downlow.

I think that could actually be the direction they are going and it'll be revealed to the audience when it is revealed to Barry.

Watch them give Barry a fake Speed Bazooka only to have HR or Joe shoot the real one from the rooftop.

Bluth54

Honestly I really liked this episode, I think it's the best episode in some time.
I do think they should of done the Barry loses his memory story as a midseason filler episode though, not one of the episodes leading up to the finale.

Also! I want to see randomly well-adjusted evil future Barry. With no memories, Savitar should be chill like Barry!

"What? Is this cosplay?"

sirap

What the fuck is this janky-ass closed loop time remnant explanation.

Just because you drew it on glass doesn't mean it make it any more legit Cisco!

Top Bottom