• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Patryn

Barry: Why don't i just kill myself
Savitar: The Rf is fine plus timetravel plus rules don't really apply if you time travel so much
Barry: Then why do you need me to do stuff for you to exist
Savitar:.........

i'm nitpicking honestly

He's the villain. He's supposed to lie. He probably wasn't sure whether he would vanish or not, he was just bluffing and Barry bought it.

Honestly, that didn't really bother me too much.

strafer

G9gQMe1Gj4UW4.gif

I never noticed he watched his skin. That's...great.

There are still a few things I cant get my head round.

I dont think these are spoilers but tagging just incase

1) are there multiple timelines in exist at once or is there only one timeline that gets changed? e.g. we are watching the second timeline, does OG barry timeline still exist or has that been erased?

2) Time remnants. I understand the premise however i don't understand which one is the remnant??!

Barry runs back in time one week to meet himself. If multiple timelines don't exist at once, then the barry that runs back should be the remnant as his timeline doesn't exist anymore as anything he does differently in the next week would create a new timeline.

Double D

Cisco - "Hey guys, the memory thing actually totally worked. Let's try to perfect it or just keep doing it a bunch and jack up the timeline. Or we could just wait until the moment we know Iris dies and do it right before that."

Vengal

Why doesn't Wally just make a time remnant of Iris without telling Barry?

That's still pretty messed up. It would still be his sister, she'd have all the same memories and feelings. She's the same person. It's possible she would be like zooms remnants and be ok with dying but I'm not sure Wally would be ok with that.

Joni

There are still a few things I cant get my head round.

I dont think these are spoilers but tagging just incase

1) are there multiple timelines in exist at once or is there only one timeline that gets changed? e.g. we are watching the second timeline, does OG barry timeline still exist or has that been erased?

2) Time remnants. I understand the premise however i don't understand which one is the remnant??!

Barry runs back in time one week to meet himself. If multiple timelines don't exist at once, then the barry that runs back should be the remnant as his timeline doesn't exist anymore as anything he does differently in the next week would create a new timeline.

1. We are watching one timeline that keeps changing. Changes are almost instant but Barry retains his memories quite long.
2. The writers don't either. It is basically the past version who gets replaced by the future version who is the time remnant.

Amnesia tropes where the person doesn't know their name but somehow knows (or thinks) that they got kidnapped and someone did brain surgery on them.... what? I've never understood that.

CryptiK

Their idea for Savi-Barry sucked. I like my idea that Savi-Barry was Pre Flashpoint Barry who lost everything cause Curr-Barry fucked up.

So is it safe to say Killer Frost is probably working with Savitar because he promised to bring Ronnie back?

Possibly. He kept harping on about time and how little consequences he faces when time travelling so I guess he could go and grab a remnant or something. Usual villain shit where they don't do anything until the end.

The other is that he promised Caitlin he'll unlock her not so Killer side.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
He's the villain. He's supposed to lie. He probably wasn't sure whether he would vanish or not, he was just bluffing and Barry bought it.

Honestly, that didn't really bother me too much.

The whole erasing Barry's memory rendering Savitar a mental blank too makes absolutely no sense. Assuming it was never revered, Barry would've kept on learning and would've eventually resumed his life. Future Flash wouldn't be a vegetable by then. Really if that's true, all they'd have to do is erase Barry's memory of Iris dying and the Savitar's goal would instantly shift to something else.

I did like the idea that Savitar just goes to a warehouse and kneels there doing nothing whenever he's not out eviling tho.

DeathyBoy

Banned
1. We are watching one timeline that keeps changing. Changes are almost instant but Barry retains his memories quite long.
2. The writers don't either. It is basically the past version who gets replaced by the future version who is the time remnant.

They've muddied it with "every choice you make creates a new dimension." Because Flashpoint still exists, and by logic there's a dimension where Zoom beat Barry, which means the multiverse should've been destroyed.

- J - D -

I hope Tsundere Frost returns to STAR labs as a permanent member of the team instead of just Caitlin. I like her dynamic with Cisco and Julian. "i-i-i-t's not like I like you...idiots!" *turns red*. Fits with The Flash being anime now.

Joni

They've muddied it with "every choice you make creates a new dimension." Because Flashpoint still exists, and by logic there's a dimension where Zoom beat Barry, which means the multiverse should've been destroyed.
I don't have the idea that is the case. Small changes don't seem to create other universes. Flashpoint overwrites the show universe. There was no separate Barry for the real world and flashpoint.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yeah... When have they alluded to this? I don't think Barry could travel to the Flashpoint dimension if he wanted to right now.

Nor501

Yeah... When have they alluded to this? I don't think Barry could travel to the Flashpoint dimension if he wanted to right now.

Didn't Cisco vibe a version of Flashpoint where Barry decided to stay there earlier in the season? I'd say that's gotta be somewhere in the Multiverse.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Didn't Cisco vibe a version of Flashpoint where Barry decided to stay there earlier in the season? I'd say that's gotta be somewhere in the Multiverse.

Looked it up and it's from episode 12. And, yeah, they do go into the "daughter" universe concept a bit.

Kaizer

Banned
I hope Tsundere Frost returns to STAR labs as a permanent member of the team instead of just Caitlin. I like her dynamic with Cisco and Julian. "i-i-i-t's not like I like you...idiots!" *turns red*. Fits with The Flash being anime now.

I agree, her scene with Cisco & Julia was my favorite part of the episode.

So is it safe to say Killer Frost is probably working with Savitar because he promised to bring Ronnie back?

I'm not even going that far. I think the Killer Frost issue will 100% come down to the same problem that created Savitar: Team Flash not accepting her.

Cisco had the hook there, and then Julian screwed it up by talking about curing her. Killer Frost isn't quite Caitlyn, but she is. They just need to go "Look, you're still our bro, but let's not kill folks, eh?" It's the Mick Rory plan.

Otnopolit

Just as a heads up, it could be a falsified rumor, but r/flashtv is saying the end of the season has leaked. Something to keep in mind about avoiding.

Just as a heads up, it could be a falsified rumor, but r/flashtv is saying the end of the season has leaked. Something to keep in mind about avoiding.

The episode or details of what happens? Could you link to the post?

Jesus, that subreddit is such a shit hole. Nvm found it

edit edit
oh boy
its based on a month old on set video posted on youtube and... oh boy lol

Otnopolit

edit edit
oh boy

Is it laughably bad in the way it ends or is the video not substantial to anything? I worry you mean content. Ah fuck.

Also yeah that place seems to suck pretty bad. Half the front page posts are second rate memes.

Is it laughably bad in the way it ends or is the video not substantial to anything? I worry you mean content. Ah fuck.

Also yeah that place seems to suck pretty bad. Half the front page posts are second rate memes.

If the title of the video is accurate (finale), and there's no twists, then it gives away the ending.

jwk94

I think he's a little cooler now because we can see what his suit does and all that shit, but yeah he definitely lost some cool. The CGI helped that process along =/

Oh also, I mean it, Iris is not living through this next episode. They will probably find a way to bring her back, but still, from Tuesday to Tuesday, she dead.

lol you make it seem like she's gonna be dead for such a long time. It's just an episode.

caliph95

edit edit
oh boy
Yeah i think i've seen that

Yeah the reddit is basically shitpost thread pretty much all they do, Arrow basically turned the same with bunch of anti-ollicity and felicity posts

Joni

He also managed to vibe destroyed timelines. He first started vibing the timeline where Eobard killed him.

Khezu

I don't understand why they went with that dumb transformers design in the first place.

Just a dude in a cool white flash style costume would have been fine.

Volimar

I don't understand why they went with that dumb transformers design in the first place.

Just a dude in a cool white flash style costume would have been fine.

I'm so tired of that Transformers aesthetic. It was done to death five years ago, but for some reason they just...keep...going.

Top Bottom