• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
90s Barry is out there in the multiverse somewhere, so there's still hope.

There's a new JLA book coming. They're revealing the lineup piecemeal, but so far it includes The Ray, Vixen, The Atom (Ryan Choi) and , most importantly to this thread, a reformed Killer Frost.

Given the comics' interest in the character, I wonder how much of that will spill over into the TV series. Could we be seeing a renewed interest in Caitlin's villainous doppleganger? or even the actual Caitlin getting her powers?

http://comicsalliance.com/orlando-reis-justice-league-line-up-2016/

Joni

There's a new JLA book coming. They're revealing the lineup piecemeal, but so far it includes The Ray, Vixen, The Atom (Ryan Choi) and , most importantly to this thread, a reformed Killer Frost.

Given the comics' interest in the character, I wonder how much of that will spill over into the TV series. Could we be seeing a renewed interest in Caitlin's villainous doppleganger? or even the actual Caitlin getting her powers?

http://comicsalliance.com/orlando-reis-justice-league-line-up-2016/

The problem was always that giving Caitlin powers means writing her out of the team, giving her less time to appear. They are stuck trying to fix that.

GulAtiCa

I'd love for her to become Killer Frost. Have an identity crisis and eventually maybe turn good. If done right, could be really cool

Honestly, I'd just keep Caitlin and Killer Frost as separate entities, perhaps strike up a rapport.

The problem is there's nothing for Caitlin to do most of the time. The biology of a villain is like 1% of an episode tops and Wells can do that better than she can. Worse, they keep throwing her in relationships because they don't have a plan.

GulAtiCa

Honestly, I'd just keep Caitlin and Killer Frost as separate entities, perhaps strike up a rapport.

The problem is there's nothing for Caitlin to do most of the time. The biology of a villain is like 1% of an episode tops and Wells can do that better than she can. Worse, they keep throwing her in relationships because they don't have a plan.
Which is why I thought them killing her off was dumb. Though, can always be a different Earth

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

The show leans so hard on Cisco and Wells for science mumbo jumbo exposition and Caitlin gets the scraps. Cisco also has the ongoing name gag, makes all the gadgets, and does all the pop culture references. They should give Caitlin her own thing. Like maybe she starts treating metahumans that don't want powers or something.

Would be neat if we got the original Wells back... or rather the original timeline Flash came from. Wouldn't that be crazy?

- J - D -

It'd be pretty sad/hilarious if once again Caitlin's character is mostly defined by her relationship to one of the male heroes.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is about as close to JWS playing old Barry as we'all get. It's fine, he's a very similar character without having to deal with mixing continuities.

We are meeting Caitlin's mother this year.
And Killer Frost is back in some form in episode 7.

We are meeting Caitlin's mother this year.

There's no way that could go wrong. Nope, I don't detect any way this could turn out to be a bad decision.

Oh-Donna-3x18-4x06-donna-smoak-39067958-500-238.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like Mama Smoak too. She's a good age appropriate love interest for Papa Lance. She's a good anchor character for Felicity too. She knows she isn't as smart but that doesn't mean she doesn't have reasonable advice.

Mama Smoak is MVP

Where there's Smoak there's 🔥fire🔥

I like Mama Smoak too. She's a good age appropriate love interest for Papa Lance. She's a good anchor character for Felicity too. She knows she isn't as smart but that doesn't mean she doesn't have reasonable advice.

I'll not have you tainting the honor of Mama Smoak.

She's good in small doses, as a comic relief character. But late last season her "nobody's allowed to have any secrets ever, for any reason" plotline edged into Lana Lang territory.

VanWinkle

Really excited for this season. Interested to see what comes out of Flashpoint. I just like the idea of things changing up for a show and this seems to be a change that will bring about some neat stuff.

Mama Smoak is MVP

Man bro, it's crazy how often I disagree with your opinions.

ZeroX03

Banned
SEASON PREMIERE TODAY!!

#3.01 "FLASHPOINT"
WHAT WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU’VE EVER WANTED? — Barry (Grant Gustin) is living his dream life – his parents are alive, he’s asked Iris West (Candice Patton) on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), running around saving the city while Cisco (Carlos Valdes) enjoys wealth and regular sex. When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash (guest star Matt Letscher) taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe. In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade. When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash.
fla301a_0110b.jpg

L00P

I skipped most of season 2 because I couldn't handle all the stupid, but I'm kinda curious about the whole flashpoint thing going on

Mariolee

Going to ask what has probably been asked a million times, but since this is a new thread I suppose we might as well use it as a primer for other new people joining in as well:

OG Timeline: Barry was supposed to get struck by lightning later on in life.
Canon Timeline: Reverse Flash intervened and changed the past causing Barry to receive his Flash powers earlier and his mother to die.
New timeline: Barry stops Reverse Flash from killing his mom and all the other residual effects.

Shouldn't the Flashpoint timeline be the original timeline then?

Going to ask what has probably been asked a million times, but since this is a new thread I suppose we might as well use it as a primer for other new people joining in as well:

OG Timeline: Barry was supposed to get struck by lightning later on in life.
Canon Timeline: Reverse Flash intervened and changed the past causing Barry to receive his Flash powers earlier and his mother to die.
New timeline: Barry stops Reverse Flash from killing his mom and all the other residual effects.

Shouldn't the Flashpoint timeline be the original timeline then?

The take they seem to have is Barry would never be the Flash in this current timeline. That's just guessing on my part though.

Top Bottom