• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

lmbotiva

So, who thinks that when everything goes back to normal the real wells from earth 1 is alive? Not everything can be the same after what barry did

Sephzilla

So, who thinks that when everything goes back to normal the real wells from earth 1 is alive? Not everything can be the same after what barry did

I fully expect the following people to be alive again as a result of Flashpoint

R
eal Harrison Wells from Earth 1
C
aptain Cold
L
aurel Lance

Joni

R
C
aptain Cold
L
aurel Lance
I could see the last one happening. They need to kill a Lance daughter.

R
C
aptain Cold
L
aurel Lance

L being dead seems to be a pretty important plot point in Arrow Season 5, which is part of the post-Flashpoint universe. The one possible scenario I could see:
Flashpoint and/or her adventure into the afterlife with Constantine to save Sarah has bound Laurel's soul to Earth. She possesses black Siren, and the two switch back and forth for control over the body, until Constantine or Fortuna returns to merge the two into one composite character, mixing personality from Laurel and Siren to create the true Black Canary

CryptiK

L being dead seems to be a pretty important plot point in Arrow Season 5, which is part of the post-Flashpoint universe. The one possible scenario I could see:
Flashpoint and/or her adventure into the afterlife with Constantine to save Sarah has bound Laurel's soul to Earth. She possesses black Siren, and the two switch back and forth for control over the body, until Constantine or Fortuna returns to merge the two into one composite character, mixing personality from Laurel and Siren to create the true Black Canary
Where was it revealed that Season 5 Arrow was post flashpoint. I didnt think it was post til after ep 10

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Where was it revealed that Season 5 Arrow was post flashpoint. I didnt think it was post til after ep 10

The Arrowverse shows usually loosely follow our timescale. When we join Barry, he's been
living in the Flashpoint universe
for the last six months. When we next see Oliver, he'll have been Mayor for the last six months.

The only show apparently not doing this yet is Supergirl.

Joni

Arrow episode 1 airs after Flash episode 1, so Arrow will be post-Flashpoint from
episode 1 onwards, Flashpoint ends tonight

The Arrowverse shows usually loosely follow our timescale. When we join Barry, he's been
living in the Flashpoint universe
for the last six months. When we next see Oliver, he'll have been Mayor for the last six months.

The only show apparently not doing this yet is Supergirl.
I think its only 3 months not 6.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think its only 3 months not 6.

Still, it's roughly "real time." Real world events like Christmas happen in December, etc.

Even the flashbacks used to be told in real time. This last season's felt like they took place over a single month, though.

Joni

Still, it's roughly "real time." Real world events like Christmas happen in December, etc.

Even the flashbacks used to be told in real time. This last season's felt like they took place over a single month, though.

First two seasons of flashbacks were also likely not two years.

Flash promos seem like Flashpoint ends at the end of tonight's episode. Barry's back in the main Arrowverse by next week. They've already talked about Arrow seeing some changes based on Flashpoint.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I always got the impression that the flashbacks happen in a very compressed period of time compared to present day. Sometimes the flashbacks cover maybe 5-10 minutes of consecutive island events, while the present day is going through days and weeks. The large swaths of time that pass in the flashbacks are season to season. At most the flashbacks cover a couple days, maybe a week or two. But present day is months + the added skips with summer. They seem to use the break to line things up again every year. So the flashbacks jump way ahead in time, where the present day only goes ahead 3 months

Joni

I always got the impression that the flashbacks happen in a very compressed period of time compared to present day. Sometimes the flashbacks cover maybe 5-10 minutes of consecutive island events, while the present day is going through days and weeks. The large swaths of time that pass in the flashbacks are season to season. At most the flashbacks cover a couple days, maybe a week or two. But present day is months + the added skips with summer. They seem to use the break to line things up again every year. So the flashbacks jump way ahead in time, where the present day only goes ahead 3 months

Indeed. Like Slade island events are like 5-6 months at most, Katana plot at most 3 months, last years plot is a month or so. They could always use that to add flashbacks next year.

Chase17

My completely well thought out hopes for this season
-A return to season 1 quality
-More father figures for Barry
-Bring the E-2 filter to E-1
-The big bad to not be predicated around speed
-Shenanigans to bring back everyone's favorite character
EDDIE
-For Quick to be MIA (or recast)
-"Run faster Barry" to be said at least once every three episodes
-No less than 5, and no more than 8 episodes featuring Captain Cold and/or Mayor Snart
-Wally to talk about speed
-The cliff Barry runs to scream at to be credited this season

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My hopes for this season

- More speedster villains
- A Jesse/Wally/Joe love triangle
- Barry to run faster
- Caitlin to take an astrophysics class
- Crisco legally changes his name to Crisco
- Iris pls responds to her boss' message on Tinder
- I want an ending episode stinger where nobody understands how Barry stopped the villain of the week and instead of explaining it, he just smiles and zooms off.
- Earth 2 Wells to rise out of his wheelchair at the end of an episode, but nobody reacts because Earth 2 Wells was never in a wheelchair.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
DX6AGwU.png

Well now Grant is aware at least

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom