• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Foreigner (Jackie Chan, Pierce Brosnan) - Official Trailer

Khoryos

People have been criticising Pierce Brosnan's character for being a blatant imitation of Gerry Adams, but I think that's way off base...
I mean, his voice matches his lip movements, he's nothing like Gerry!

#OnlyTroublesKidsWillUnderstand

Ri'Orius

Saw the thread title and hoped for Fun Jackie. Didn't even think it could be Grimdark Jackie.

And does the world really need another Law Abiding Citizen?

KoopaTheCasual

Looks like a solid action flick. Nothing more, nothing less. It feels kinda odd to see a sad and serious looking Jackie Chan in a Hollywood flick. His US roles were mostly comedic (EDIT: Just found out this is a British-Chinese production).

Music choice for the trailer was horrendous, though.
Didn't he hate doing those movies, and only did those American films to film his more serious chinese filmography?

Not sure if that was just bullshit rumors or actually based on actual testimony.

Police Story 2013.
TBH I felt it was a pretty forgettable show.

Hmm, I think it might have been Police Story: Lockdown that I'm thinking off. But I remember him being more of a "regular dude" who was taken hostage. Maybe it was Police Story 2013...

Anyway, I'll definitely be watching this.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Saw the thread title and hoped for Fun Jackie. Didn't even think it could be Grimdark Jackie.

And does the world really need another Law Abiding Citizen?

I also thought of Law Abiding Citizen when I saw the trailer, although this looks much better than that movie

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm interested, though not 100% sure I'm sold on Brosnan's accent, probably hard to tell when we didn't see any clips of him talking for more than a second or two.

Pandy

I'm interested, though not 100% sure I'm sold on Brosnan's accent, probably hard to tell when we didn't see any clips of him talking for more than a second or two.
I'm going to take it on trust that Brosnan can pull off a convincing Irish accent. Just a gut feeling.

I'm going to take it on trust that Brosnan can pull off a convincing Irish accent. Just a gut feeling.

5fb06cc63a3564e2e2903576fafdc0b9.gif

Kanhir

Aidan Gillen can't do a single accent convincingly (even his own one), so I'm not taking anything for granted.

On top of that, Brosnan's from Navan, which isn't exactly a bastion of Northern Irish accents.
Still, he's doing a great Norn Iron accent here, at least to my Dubliner ears. I wonder how authentic it sounds to a real northerner.

Pandy

I admit there's a chance I may have already been aware of this when I made my comment.

Aidan Gillen can't do a single accent convincingly (even his own one), so I'm not taking anything for granted.

On top of that, Brosnan's from Navan, which isn't exactly a bastion of Northern Irish accents.
Still, he's doing a great Norn Iron accent here, at least to my Dubliner ears. I wonder how authentic it sounds to a real northerner.
Not from Ireland, but have met many from both sides of the border.
Seems fine, but as with any accent I'm sure the more finely you localise it the more people will be able to pick up that it's not from such-and-such a place that it is supposed to be, but from two towns over, etc.

I'm not thinking Brosnan's casting is going to be an issue, would be my point.

Hmm, I think it might have been Police Story: Lockdown that I'm thinking off. But I remember him being more of a "regular dude" who was taken hostage. Maybe it was Police Story 2013...

Anyway, I'll definitely be watching this.

Lockdown and 2013 are the same thing, it's just how it was localized when it was brought over.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, they're getting old. I still have the Pierce Brosnan of James Bond days in my mind.

Mat-triX

Pierce Brosnan does a sick Arnold Schwarzenegger impression at 1:07

"He thinks I know who blows up her daughter?!"

Bleepey

People have been criticising Pierce Brosnan's character for being a blatant imitation of Gerry Adams, but I think that's way off base...
I mean, his voice matches his lip movements, he's nothing like Gerry!

#OnlyTroublesKidsWillUnderstand

I get that reference (not irish though)

Timbuktu

Looks good

Bet this will be huge in China.

I'm not sure how Jackie Chan is seen in China anymore. He used to be well connected politically, but in the last few years things have changed. He is hated in HK anymore for things he has said; he get hated on in Weibo for being government shill; his son got made an example of for having marijuana etc.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I know, if only he was Irish or something.... hmmm.

This is the sort of role I've been wanting to see Chan in for a while. Dark Chan is back.

Top Bottom