• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011 Season of Vettel Fingering the Competition |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclaren777

I'm going to call this progress...

Dy3YI.png

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Quote said:
Man, people were telling me that Monaco was a good time for me to start watching F1, but Montreal was just unreal. I've never liked sports, but I caught myself fist pumping at the end of that race.

I think I found my sport.

I won't be able to watch it next time live most likely, but hopefully i'll be able to find it within a couple hours.
Welcome aboard. :)

stewy

Quote said:
Man, people were telling me that Monaco was a good time for me to start watching F1, but Montreal was just unreal. I've never liked sports, but I caught myself fist pumping at the end of that race.

I think I found my sport.

I won't be able to watch it next time live most likely, but hopefully i'll be able to find it within a couple hours.

I was up off the couch when Vettel lost it on that turn. Nice to see he's actually human.

mclaren777

dubc35 said:
Depending on people's interest it is sometimes hard to get the ratio up. F1 being one of the more difficult ones IMO. You need to get them right at the start.
I actually think F1 is quite easy, especially give the number of people who missed out on Canadian GP coverage.

olore

mclaren777 said:
It used to be somewhere around 250-300 ft-lbs for the old 3-liter V10s.

I'm not sure where it stands nowadays.

Edit: "The 2006 2.4 litre Toyota RVX-06 V8 engine produces 552 kW (740 bhp) at 19,000 rpm and outputs 274 N·m (202 lb·ft) of torque." -- Wikipedia

Hm, interesting. Thanks for the info

Valencia looks like a fun track. Can't wait! Is there any word on where the DRS zones are going to be? There's supposed to be two, right?

mclaren777 said:
I actually think F1 is quite easy, especially give the number of people who missed out on Canadian GP coverage.
I have to agree for the Canadian GP in particular.
Screen%20shot%202011-06-14%20at%205.35.53%20PM.png

Though, I don't know how healthy RU is compared to my shitty source.

Ark

I'm just watching the race again on iPlayer, mostly because I want to listen to the 2-hour red flag sessions and the last 10 laps again.

Really loving the Brundle & DC chemistry. Hopefully they'll continue for years and years to come.

DieH@rd

Banned
dubc35 said:
Depending on people's interest it is sometimes hard to get the ratio up. F1 being one of the more difficult ones IMO. You need to get them right at the start.

Or start using rutracker.org
No need for maintaining a ratio, 9 mil users, F1 races in BBC HD are posted around 4h after the end of the event [and incredible looking 1080i footage is posted 1h after the race, but with russian audio only].

ashk

Quote said:
Valencia looks like a fun track. Can't wait! Is there any word on where the DRS zones are going to be? There's supposed to be two, right?

Valencia is one of the worst tracks on the calendar and so far the racing there has been terrible. Hopefully the new tyres will make it better this year.

su_11cdn1451-2

Well, glad to know I wasn't seeing things at Monaco. The McLarens are running with Verizon sponsorship on the rear wing (which isn't really sponsorship since Verizon's basically Vodafone's U.S. wireless operations). I'm guessing they're doing it for the U.S. viewers?

Ark

ashk said:
Valencia is one of the worst tracks on the calendar and so far the racing there has been terrible. Hopefully the new tyres will make it better this year.

There needs to be a DRS zone at every corner/straight.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
ashk said:

For truth. Its a horrific Monaco wannabe with marina full of yachts and f*ck all else.
Only 2 overtaking spots on the whole track; across the bridge and the Kobayashi move on Alonso in last corner.

Ark

In Valencia's defence, it is an absolute beast of a track in F1 2010. I could do that track blindfolded, no one has ever beat me around Valencia.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Ark said:
I'm just watching the race again on iPlayer, mostly because I want to listen to the 2-hour red flag sessions and the last 10 laps again.

Really loving the Brundle & DC chemistry. Hopefully they'll continue for years and years to come.
Absolutely.

Not since the glory days of the Murray Walker era have I enjoyed commentary as much as I did on Sunday.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
navanman said:
For truth. Its a horrific Monaco wannabe with marina full of yachts and f*ck all else.
Only 2 overtaking spots on the whole track; across the bridge and the Kobayashi move on Alonso in last corner.
It should be replaced with the Aragon circuit if Bernie insists on having two GP's in Spain.

mclaren777

Ark said:
In Valencia's defence, it is an absolute beast of a track in F1 2010. I could do that track blindfolded, no one has ever beat me around Valencia.
I've driven it in rFactor and I also like it quite a bit.

Leunam

They'll probably post them later.

EDIT: CRAP, they just flashed them on the screen and I missed them.

EDIT2: Lewis beat Stewarts stock car time by about 7 seconds.

Leunam

It's right, just rewound and checked the captions. When I posted that they were doing test runs on a damp track. It was a bit drier once they started setting times on a four or five lap stint. Either way, still really cool and I'd like to see an event like this more often. Really awesome to see how much both guys loved trying something completely different. Hamilton sounded like a kid with his first go-kart.

Here is Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya swapping 2002 cars.

Edmond Dantès said:
That can't be right, can it?
Stewart drove Indy cars, right? But still, I wouldn't expect him to come close to Hamilton's time.

Edit: I read those times backwards - whaaaaa??? Oh - wet/dry. Phew.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Leunam said:
It's right, just rewound and checked the captions. When I posted that they were doing test runs on a damp track. It was a bit drier once they started setting times on a four or five lap stint. Either way, still really cool and I'd like to see an event like this more often. Really awesome to see how much both guys loved trying something completely different. Hamilton sounded like a kid with his first go-kart.

Here is Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya swapping 2002 cars.
Oh, thanks for the info.

Brundle driving Pirelli's F1 car today:

MBrundleF1
My toy for today 90 laps in Pirelli's F1 test car run by Toyota MotorSport to 2011 weight+ downforce. I'm so mega happy! We're testing every tyre wet+ dry. 34 deg ambient 45+deg track. Good for testing. We will water part of track later. Some great action shots

YG6jU.jpg

I hope the BBC are there to make this into a pre-race feature like ITV used to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqDYoXl8244 - :bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom