• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011 Season of Vettel Fingering the Competition |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to be in his brother's shadow. I think I'd have gone in a completely different direction.

I think it probably did much more to help than it did to hurt. He got some pretty competitive drives early in his career and stuck around in them for longer than his talent really merited.

olore

So last season the RBRs collided with each other. This season the McLarens. 2012, Ferrari?

How much torque does a modern F1-engine produce?

S. L.

rogue_pigeon said:
Until recently, McLaren drivers couldn't even grow facial hair. All the superfluous glitz is Red Bull all over.
nah, red bull is chill and relaxed dudes who party hard. Button would fit much better in there imo. can you imagine nicole and his whole entourage hanging around at the rbr garage? i can't.

Kimi or Koba!!

mclaren777

olore said:
How much torque does a modern F1-engine produce?
It used to be somewhere around 250-300 ft-lbs for the old 3-liter V10s.

I'm not sure where it stands nowadays.

Edit: "The 2006 2.4 litre Toyota RVX-06 V8 engine produces 552 kW (740 bhp) at 19,000 rpm and outputs 274 N·m (202 lb·ft) of torque." -- Wikipedia

Sew

Sew said:
Wait, did they totally leave out the bit where Webber took Schui, but overran the chicane and had to give the place back without letting Button through? And did it successfully?

Fuck OneHD if so. Stolen BBC streams for life.

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4UtMay4lgE
Another Sydney viewer just told me that they didn't see this in the local broadcast either. I guess it made it into the Vic broadcast... different ad schedules or something? What a joke.

Shaneus

Sew said:
Another Sydney viewer just told me that they didn't see this in the local broadcast either. I guess it made it into the Vic broadcast... different ad schedules or something? What a joke.
I definitely saw it. I thought One was an Australia-wide broadcast, though? Is it possible you just missed it? Whereabouts are you? Too many questions?

Sew

I'm in Sydney CBD. Turns out they do have different schedules in different cities: http://tv-guide.one.com.au

It's certainly possible that I just missed the moment. Here's an interesting thing though... according to the guides, Sydney's replay kicked off at 11.50am, and Melbourne started 30min later at 12.20pm. Late in the race, when I posted about missing the Webber moment, Jensen had just taken 2nd. But when you replied, Jensen was still in 4th. That means your broadcast was out of sync with ours, and not by a nice round number like 30min - but just a few minutes. Whatever the local reasons were, I think it's easily possible that I saw a shorter edit.

dubc35

Wow! I finally got around to watching the race. Thank god for being able to FF through all the safety car and red flags. Jenson! Amazing race! I'm not a huge Schumi fan but I would have liked to see him podium.

..and seriously, Webber, best non-winner ever? He is always in the top 4 regardless of how he messes up in qualy, team fumbles pit stop, etc. He is always up there!

DrM said:
Corina dated Heinz Harald-Frentzen (ex F1 driver), but then she dumped him for Schumacher or something like that. You could see her in Mercedes garage in Canada.
Old one is true family man, married since 1995. Never brought his family under media influence, he keeps his private life out of the media reach.

Thanks for that! So Mika is doing the wrong now? I always thought of him as the good, kind guy. The exact opposite of Schumi!

mclaren777

Admission to tomorrow's NASCAR/F1 demo will be free. Are any of you planning to attend?

http://www.theglen.com/Articles/2011/06/Mobil-1-Car-Swap-Schedule.aspx

GNObT.jpg

elfinke

mclaren777 said:
I just stumbled upon some pictures from the Spanish GP. Hope you guys don't mind...

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ie2sD.jpg[/IMG]

I feel like I'm looking up the skirt of an incredibly hot female...

Great great photos. Thanks for sharing (though I'm sure glad I was running the Chrome image resizer script, else they would have broken my laptop!)

Lucius86

Banned
dubc35 said:
Wow! I finally got around to watching the race. Thank god for being able to FF through all the safety car and red flags. Jenson! Amazing race! I'm not a huge Schumi fan but I would have liked to see him podium.

Well the Red Flags brought out the red shouldered bird!?! How could you miss that? :-(

AcridMeat

Banned
Lucius86 said:
Well the Red Flags brought out the red shouldered bird!?! How could you miss that? :-(

Doesn't appreciate the fine art of bird watching. Say did you know that racecar is racecar backwards?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White

Omiee

if kimi made a come back and got a seat in the redbull with vettel i would so lose it, that would make next season epic for me.
i love both kimi and vettel.

Omiee said:
if kimi made a come back and got a seat in the redbull with vettel i would so lose it, that would make next season epic for me.
i love both kimi and vettel.
Iceman would destroy him.

I'm biased

G Rom

Didn't get to watch the end of the GP or much of the red flagged part... :(
I'll try to catch it somewhere because it looks like it was a good race after the restart.

Goldrusher said:

Once again, the conservative, STR-heavy portfolio pays off for the investors ! :p

The ascension of TXGM Racing continues ! :)

Finally feeling better after the crazy weekend in Montreal. It is starting to set in how insane that race was. My buddies and I were woefully prepared for the rain but stuck out the delay and my god I am glad we did. One of the most entertaining races I have ever watched, despite the 2 hour + rain delay. Montreal is one of the best races year after year and this one proved no different. I am tempted to try to make it to Austin next year but I would hate to miss out on the Canadian GP. The Lotus/Renault has a wild engine note. The side exit exhaust plus the off throttle exhaust mapping makes it sound like a god damn chainsaw through the hair pin.

mclaren777

G Rom said:
Didn't get to watch the end of the GP or much of the red flagged part... :(
I'll try to catch it somewhere because it looks like it was a good race after the restart.
Check your inbox. :)

Did anybody else miss the end of the race?

he must have shed some to fit in the mclaren...

the last time i saw him on tv he was packing some fat, double chins and everything - i was hoping for a mansell pt2 :lol

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Team Lotus announced a tie-up/sponsorship deal with General Electric today.
Also announced a deal with Williams to use their wind-tunnel for 2012 season while they build their own.

TylerD

AndyD said:
Will it air anywhere? I didnt see it listed.

SPEED will have a 30 min show covering the Hamilton/Stewart ride swap tonight at 8 PM Est.

Sorry, don't know about other territories.

The last hour of the Canada GP more than made up for all the rain delays and safety cars. What a fantastic weekend it was for Motorsport fans.

Ark

mclaren777 said:

Great to see Kubica out and about, looking pretty happy all things considering. But that scar on his arm, holy fudge. As long as he's in the car next season, I don't mind how long he takes to get back up to form.

Edmond Dantès said:
I think someone here was interested in the viewing figures for the Canadian GP (Ark?), so here they are;

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a324696/jenson-buttons-dramatic-f1-win-grabs-5m.html

Yeah that was me. I'm quite surprised at how low those figures are. IIRC China pulled in 10million for the live morning broadcast. Yet after Canada, literally everyone in my college was talking about the race on Monday. Thanks a lot though :)

TylerD

Goldrusher said:
Did you hear that ?

Button: applause
Vettel: booooo
Webber: applause

Just getting caught up on reading the thread during the race. That boo was the Montrealers booing the official presenting the second place trophy and not Vettel. They booed last year as well.

It was fun as hell reading all the posts during the race. I wish I would have been in the chat and on the forum during that time but I was recovering from watching that epic 24 hrs of Le Mans.

Man, people were telling me that Monaco was a good time for me to start watching F1, but Montreal was just unreal. I've never liked sports, but I caught myself fist pumping at the end of that race.

I think I found my sport.

I won't be able to watch it next time live most likely, but hopefully i'll be able to find it within a couple hours.

dubc35

Lucius86 said:
I was fast forwarding through the red flag section. I saw the bird but didn't notice anything special about it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom