• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hill_2.jpg

LOL, he is this guy from Catherine.

427px-Image_53.png

PS: Oh crap, way to start a new page.

dalin80

Banned
As a devote lover of all things boobs, I say with no lightness or joviality, graham hill's moustache may be just enough to turn me gay.

sexy-beast.jpg

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
On the subject of great British drivers. Who does F1Gaf rate as the best and in what order would you place them all?

That's 10 world champions and a host of others who didn't win world championships but were race winners.

Caramello

I've decided to jump in and get one of those portable TV thingys for the GP as well. The feature set is too good to pass up, even if it's just for the audio (due to the pretty pissy size of the screen):
ESpJ2.png

It might be good, it might be a waste of money. But at least my brother and I won't be wondering.

Also, from what I can see it looks like there's literally no other legitimate alternative available to Australians for watching the F1 live other than the (ad-riddled) FTA. Shit. I'd give my left nut for the opportunity to be able to see everything live :/

Edit: This news may come in handy for Australians: Sports broadcasting contracts in Australia (hint: Ten/One has it until 2015. Shit.

If you're only getting it for audio then it's a waste of money considering you can tune into the radio frequency of the trackside commentary and listen that way.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Edmond Dantès;35996691 said:
On the subject of great British drivers. Who does F1Gaf rate as the best and in what order would you place them all?

That's 10 world champions and a host of others who didn't win world championships but were race winners.

1. Jim Clark (greatest driver of all time, his death had the same impact as Senna's did)
2. Jackie Steward
3. Graham Hill
4. James Hunt
5. Damon Hill
6. Nigel Mansell

Disregarding Button & Hamilton as their careers aren't finished yet.

Deadman

I cant really comment before 1996 (the first season i watched). So i guess ill say hill slightly better than button? lol.

Edit: oh yeah hamilton exists...

3rd.

1. Jim Clark (greatest driver of all time, his death had the same impact as Senna's did)
2. Jackie Steward
3. Graham Hill
4. James Hunt
5. Damon Hill
6. Nigel Mansell
I'd probably fit Hamilton in there at 4 and button at 1 after James Hunt. Coulthard after Mansell and Surtees at the end.

I'm probably forgetting someone.

fogberto

Neo Member
OH GOD.

I'm flying up to Melbourne tomorrow night, don't actually have anywhere to stay for sure yet (it's either with my old housemate, or at a squat), and my friends have bailed on going to the race so I'm meeting up with a bunch of people from couchsurfing.org who will be at the race on Sunday.

This is fantastic.

Dead Man

2. Jackie Steward
3. Graham Hill
4. James Hunt
5. Damon Hill
6. Nigel Mansell

Disregarding Button & Hamilton as their careers aren't finished yet.

You would put Hunt and D Hill above Moss?

Edit: See you forgot him, not sure if that is better or worse :)

OH GOD.

I'm flying up to Melbourne tomorrow night, don't actually have anywhere to stay for sure yet (it's either with my old housemate, or at a squat), and my friends have bailed on going to the race so I'm meeting up with a bunch of people from couchsurfing.org who will be at the race on Sunday.

This is fantastic.

Good luck, and enjoy it :)

Hamilton's Jealous

"I've drawn a line under it because at the end of the day he didn't win the world championship, so it could have been even worse.

Codemasters extends their deal with F1

“Codemasters has created some of the best and most successful Formula One games to date,” said Formula One group CEO Bernie Ecclestone. “We and the teams work closely with them and look forward to creating more award-winning games together in the future.”

That article doesn't read like jealously to me. He just seems to be honest about the fact he had a bad season and because of that he doesn't feel that Button beating him was too devastating.

Misleading title I reckon.

That article doesn't read like jealously to me. He just seems to be honest about the fact he had a bad season and because of that he doesn't feel that Button beating him was too devastating.

Misleading title I reckon.

Well, I believe that Button beating Hamilton was a heccup (no disrespect to Button), but the way he answered was defensive. He could've just gone "really? good for him." if he really didn't care

dalin80

Banned
One of hamiltons many faults is actually speaking his mind despite a decade of mclaren training.

Heart on his sleeve type of guy.

One of hamiltons many faults is actually speaking his mind despite a decade of mclaren training.

Heart on his sleeve type of guy.

true. and he just showed that he's jealous that Horner didn't name him. Horner's comment is achieving its purpose.

If I was Button I wouldn't have liked Hamilton's comments, whether its true or not, he painted it as Button triumphed because of Hamilton's carelessness. that's kind of a disrespectful comment towards your teammate. Especially that they claim they have a very good relationship

His reply was just bad from every aspect. He looked like a fool, and he pointed out that he's not professional

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I really, really hate the new layout of BBC. looks like the page didn't load properly
Their F1 site has always been a bit half assed. They're also slow on the uptake of new news. Despite its flaws and increasingly dumbed down approach, Autosport still remains the premier english language F1 site.

News:

Horner doesn't 'envisage' Lewis at Red Bull

"I think that it's difficult to envisage Lewis in our team," Horner told The Telegraph.

"I think he's comfortable in the environment he is in and we're certainly comfortable with the two drivers we have.

"We also took a decision to invest in youth and we have two really exciting youngsters entering grand prix racing in Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo - both really talented drivers and both deserve that opportunity. So we're more likely to look inwardly than outwardly."

"I certainly don't think Mark is going into this year thinking this is his last year. He is motivated, he is hungry, he sees a future beyond the end of 2012.

"I think that inevitably drivers get to a certain age - he is 36 this year - and it becomes logical to take things one step at a time which is what both Mark and the team agreed to do.

Fernando Alonso urges Ferrari to keep believing it can perform strongly this year

"We definitely still need to improve a lot, working on our understanding of the F2012, adapting my driving style to a new car which, with the loss of aerodynamic downforce at the rear and the new Pirelli tyres, is a bit harder to drive,"

Lotus's Alan Permane believes new F1 tyres will generate more varied race strategies

"We have a nicer situation this year where we have tyres that are not as far apart lap time wise," Permane told AUTOSPORT. "In degradation terms, whereas last year we had tyres that were very wide apart on lap time and with the same degradation, these are closer and the hard tends to degrade less.

"So you have probably got an opportunity to use them strategically, whereas last year you had to put softs on and then use the hard one right at the end."

Shaneus

Just noticed that a car with Blue, red and yellow livery giving lift to a driver in red overalls.
Freaked me out a bit.
Likewise. Very odd how it turned out like that, the number of similarities is beyond creepy.

Weather forecast for the next four days. Isolated showers could make qualis VERY interesting depending on what time they come around and where. Wish me luck tomorrow, gents... the weather then looks, well, not fun.

Glad to see the fever is FINALLY starting to hit here, though. News stations talking about the Webber weather and interviewing the Webber. Notable lack of Ricciardo attention but maybe that'll increase as Sunday approaches.

I think I'll sign out of this thread for the night. Early start tomorrow, with an 8am free breakfast and a walk down pit straight at 9:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom