• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Aiii

So not worth it
Gtfo, if Max gets three penalty points for ignoring a blue flag or for exceeding track limits. Then Bottas needs to get some for endangering lives in the pit lane and Alonso needs to get some for torpedoeing Maldonado out of the race.

It doesn't matter how long anyone has been racing, when you penalize minor infractions with penalty points, you can't not do the same for worse infractions that actually risk people and drivers.

Business

Gtfo, if Max gets three penalty points for ignoring a blue flag or for exceeding track limits. Then Bottas needs to get some for endangering lives in the pit lane and Alonso needs to get some for torpedoeing Maldonado out of the race.

It doesn't matter how long anyone has been racing, when you penalize minor infractions with penalty points, you can't not do the same for worse infractions that actually risk people and drivers.

Verstappen's penalites were deserved and I think you are overblowing the real danger of Bottas unsafe release to justify your outrage at Verstappen's punishment.

Aiii

So not worth it
Verstappen's penalites were deserved and I think you are overblowing the real danger of Bottas unsafe release to justify your outrage at Verstappen's punishment.

I'm not talking about the penalties, those are fine. I'm talking about the penalty points. You can't not give a guy that torpedoes another driver out of the race no points and then hand out points for a minor infraction like exceeding the track limits. That's just nonsense.

I guess this race sort of answered what happens when Hamilton gets to vary from the official strategy. If he'd gone to the end without stopping he'd have been miles behind, and we obviously saw what happened with the late stop onto a new set of tyres.

I guess in theory it might have worked with a brand new set of super softs... but they didn't have them, so fuck knows what they thought they were going to achieve. I'd have argued he'd have had a better chance just by putting pressure on with a normal strategy. It's not like overtaking was impossible here.

Business

I'm not talking about the penalties, those are fine. I'm talking about the penalty points. You can't not give a guy that torpedoes another driver out of the race no points and then hand out points for a minor infraction like exceeding the track limits. That's just nonsense.

The main difference I see with the examples you put and Verstappen's is that in his case it was his decision to give back the position to Button and it was his decision to obey blue flags. He failed to do the right thing both times and got a harsher penalty. I very much doubt he would have got a point if he'd just had contact with Button while side by side.

Lego Boss

It's disappointing that BBC don't cover F1 full-time anymore, but I agree... if they get to save money, it's best they cut it rather than wasting all that cash on the current shitshow that is F1 in 2015.

I'm a big fan of British Motorsport and like to see Hamilton do well, but even l have to say the circus has lost its lustre.

I'm not as bothered about this as l thought l would be, or even should be. It's been poor for a long time (even before Merc dominance) and l won't miss it that much.

Of course next year it'll be a four way tussle for the title and Williams will win it as Bottas takes out Raikkonen on the final lap . . .

We can dream.

stryke

These guys did a helmet swap

hcHFJfx.png

He always comes over as slightly awkward. His jokes never stick and he always seems to be a little too much on the corporate line. It sort of makes him disingenuous.

You're saying that on the same day Lewis happily went above and beyond in kissing the ass of one of the most disgusting countries on earth?

DD

He always comes over as slightly awkward. His jokes never stick and he always seems to be a little too much on the corporate line. It sort of makes him disingenuous.

You're saying that on the same day Lewis happily went above and beyond in kissing the ass of one of the most disgusting countries on earth?

They both suck, really. They're on the oposite spectrum of Ricciardo and Button. I mean, Bottas and Raikkonen are cold, for example, but maybe that's a finn thing (and even so Kimi has a charisma). Hamilton and Rosberg are just petulant and bitchy. You can see the difference on people's reactions towards Kimi's "leave me alone. I know what I'm doing" and Rosberg's "don't talk to me anymore".

Yesterday was the first time all season that Honda tried full power deployment in a race? lol

Their gimped ERS needing two laps to fully recharge, Alonso on the same tyre as Vettel set the 3rd fastest race time:

HAM 18.3 43.8 42.5 1:44.517
VET 18.3 43.8 42.5 1:44.550
ALO 18.3 43.9 42.6 1:44.796

McLaren Honda with a fixed ERS will be the second fastest car at the 2016 season opener.

On brand new tyres, no fuel, and without caring one bit about the life of them / finishing the race. I wonder what Vettel or Hamilton could have done given the same circumstances.

Line_HTX

How did y'all like this season overall? Ferrari and Mercedes gobbling everything up?

I wonder what can be improved to not have races go to shit quickly after about 20 laps.

American T.V. coverage was alright. Because of the many ads, we can't be commercial free, but it would be nice. The USGP were the most fun I witnessed, and good timing too.

Hope to see more of F1 next year!

Zeknurn

@adamcooperF1: Also a big day because @pirellisport is testing for 2016. VET & RAI are contributing, HAM & ROS are not. Let's see how that works out..
To be fair HAM is on PR duty for Petronas in KL today, but surprising that ROS didn't insist on being involved in the testing.
In 2010 VET won the title in Abu Dhabi, went to Austria for Red Bull celebrations, then returned to Abu Dhabi just for Pirelli testing
The following year VET won 11 races and didn't have to wait for the last race to clinch the championship...

BELIEVE

German Jesus will return in 2016 and rid us of the evil

More:

@Don_lyall: @adamcooperF1 He went to their (Pirelli) factory and all to see the process/ask questions. Only one to do that.
@adamcooperF1: FYI Horner on VET and that 2010 test: "It demonstrated his eagerness & commitment to understand what the new Pirelli tyres were like"

Aiii

So not worth it
2015 AUTOSPORT TEAM PRINCIPALS' TOP 10
1 Lewis Hamilton (229pts)
2 Sebastian Vettel (180)
3 Nico Rosberg (113)
4 Max Verstappen (77)
5 Daniil Kvyat (69)
6 Fernando Alonso (57)
7 Valtteri Bottas (52)
8 Sergio Perez (48)
9 Daniel Ricciardo (47)
10 Kimi Raikkonen (37)

WHO VOTED
Toto Wolff, Mercedes
Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari
Sir Frank Williams, Williams
Christian Horner, Red Bull
Vijay Mallya, Force India
Franz Tost, Toro Rosso
Federico Gastaldi, Lotus
Eric Boullier, McLaren
Monisha Kaltenborn, Sauber
John Booth, Manor

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122079

stryke

lttp but I just came across the BBC interview with Horner, saying something about Ron Dennis won't be happy about Red Bull's engine supplier. What else can that possibly mean other than a Honda engine?

Hasney

lttp but I just came across the BBC interview with Horner, saying something about Ron Dennis won't be happy about Red Bull's engine supplier. What else can that possibly mean other than a Honda engine?

Ron Dennis hasn't been happy for a while. It might just mean they have an engine in general.

Top Bottom