• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Goldrusher

CVPvTBSWEAAXeGU.jpg:orig

Exceed your limits. Coming 03.12.15.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/672143880188526592

Hmm...

So he kept winning the last couple of races cause Hamilton stopped giving a shit and mentally checked out?

Rosberg is a good driver, very good infact. But I dont think it's unthinkable that after winning his 3rd drivers championship, Hamilton didn't have the same amount of drive to win races that effectively don't matter.

I'm not saying its true, I'm just saying its possible.

I doubt Hamilton will just stop caring since he already clinched the championship.

Whether or not drivers will verbally admit it, statistics and records do matter to them and getting most poles/wins, hat tricks, etc in a season is something to strive for.

Ark

I'll throw up an Off-Season OT tonight when I get back from work. We'll see how long that one takes to get moved into Community.

Staab

Looks really good I have to say, but doesn't that seem kind of very close to the ground ?
Especially around the wheels ?

krang

It looks great, that MP4-X. But I've got to say that if you did the same sort of future concept work on an LMP1 car, I'm pretty sure it would look the same. Which makes me wonder what the difference would actually be between the two formats in the future, especially with closed cockpits.

DD

Whoa, I usually hate these concept cars, but this one looks gorgeous!

It looks great, that MP4-X. But I've got to say that if you did the same sort of future concept work on an LMP1 car, I'm pretty sure it would look the same. Which makes me wonder what the difference would actually be between the two formats in the future, especially with closed cockpits.
Nah, LMP cars are totally different. The cockpit on a LMP car would be bigger, since it "has" to fit two people inside it side by side. It wouldn't have those gaps between the front wheels and the nose of the car (so no sidepods), and the rear wing would be wider and thiner.

This is next year's Audi R18, for instance. :3

CU7bJ0XWoAEKFIK.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
That's the thing though, if the Ilmor stuff is true and is happing in 2016 (and not from 2017 onwards), it's not going to be the exact same thing Lotus is running.

Of course there are limits due to engine rules, but still.

That's the thing though, if the Ilmor stuff is true and is happing in 2016 (and not from 2017 onwards), it's not going to be the exact same thing Lotus is running.

Of course there are limits due to engine rules, but still.

That remains to be seen. Hopefully we'll get less bitching from them, though.

Is Toro Rosso running the 2015 Ferrari engine next year?

The McLaren concept looks nice. They should present it to Formula E where they have a better shot at getting it approved.

I'd love to see different chassis in Formula E, but they want to keep the costs down.

kmag

I fail to see the complaining.

He's not actually complaining, though I'd argue he's being really hypocritical considering some of his antics, although I can't really get worked up about anything any racing car driver says, with very few exceptions they're all egoistical douches with the self awareness of a Hilton sister. If I were to put a list of current drivers I'd want to go have a pint with it'd probably be a pretty short list.

He's not actually complaining, though I'd argue he's being really hypocritical considering some of his antics, although I can't really get worked up about anything any racing car driver says, with very few exceptions they're all egoistical douches with the self awareness of a Hilton sister. If I were to put a list of current drivers I'd want to go have a pint with it'd probably be a pretty short list.

It would be Daniel and Sebastian for me. I'd also invite Nico, but only to see him not being able to have fun.

He's not actually complaining, though I'd argue he's being really hypocritical considering some of his antics
Just a touch hypocritical. I'd argue Hamilton has complained far more than Nico this year. I wish he'd quit it with the attempted mind games though, it's utterly tedious.

Ark

Any suggestions for the Off-Season OT title? Last time it was "The Power of Dreams" (can't believe it's been nearly a year already, wow).

Staab

Any suggestions for the Off-Season OT title? Last time it was "The Power of Dreams" (can't believe it's been nearly a year already, wow).

Formula 1 - Off-Season |OT| Haas to get better, right?

I feel like celebrating what could be a potential promising new entrant :)

Top Bottom