• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle

Neo Member
It's open world game with interactivity and customization. You can't say that at all

He sure can. There are tons of modern open world games which aren't riddled with bugs and performance issues (assuming they're not developed by Ubisoft, at least). Being open world isn't an excuse to release a low quality product anymore.

I'm really not the person to be complaining about graphics, especially when it's an open world game and not a corridor shooter, but I'm stunned to see Bethesda not being able to avoid performance issues with the current state of visuals. The game reeks of a rush job, it's either that or they're just incompetent.

Kyoufu

After playing Skyrim at an average of 5 frames per second on PS3 I say this looks like an improvement.

Well done Bethesda.

Boke1879

Yes he can. Bethesda's bullshit is not excusable in the slightest.

Yet many in this thread crying foul will buy the game without batting an eye. Maybe I'm wrong but I expect frame drops in open world games this gen. Just too much going on.

Even the people posting the vids of the "terrible" framerate admit the game is fun and will put countless hours into it. At the end of the day that's all that matters. That FR video looked no worse to the FR issues I had at times with Witcher 3. I think in an 80+ hour game it'll hinder my enjoyment very little.

If true i hope reviewers experience this as well.

Fucking Bethesda.

I feel like this is going to be the game where a lot of reviews won't give them a pass anymore. Last gen lots of games had cruddy frame rate but this gen people want 60, even 30 irks a lot now.

I'm most likely picking this up on Xbox, so I hope that version isn't as unstable. But given that both run at the same resolution has me a little worried. Hopefully it'll be patched before December, which is when I'm likely gonna buy.

PnCIa

Just do the smart thing, everyone in here should know the state of Bethesda releases by now. Dont preorder, wait for a couple of patches and then take a look at it. Thats the smart way to do things nowadays.

fastmower

Some people seem to be completely oblivious of the fact that "constant complaining" about legitimate grievances is making products (or at least how the companies deal with broken products) better in the end all the time.
I get it completely. I just wish people wouldn't be so hyperbolic and overly nasty about it. I realize that is asking quite a lot of the internet, though.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How's the Xbox version in comparison?
As far as I know, unknown at this point. I think there are some on GAF with the X1 version, but the ability to record gameplay is disabled, so no proof to show.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda straight up ported the game on PS4. Either as part of the Microsoft deal or because of the history between them and PS3, I don't know.

I guess this is really the case.

I feel like this is going to be the game where a lot of reviews won't give them a pass anymore. Last gen lots of games had cruddy frame rate but this gen people want 60, even 30 irks a lot now.

Seriously, after what the press has done to the AC Unity I guess this will be the case.

This Tidux dude, who is he?

If it's truly that bad with bugs and framedrops, i am sure there will be some reviews tomorrow mentioning that. But we'll see, weren't there plenty of people yesterday that were playing both console versions and said it was all good so far?

To me, it just seems like a bunch of people complaining about stuff that really doesn't matter all that much. Obviously they've worked hard on this game, and if it were that simple to just completely wipe out any frame-rate drops using their current engine, then I'm sure they would have done it.

I'm still quite excited to play this game. I really enjoy the story, setting, and gameplay of the previous Fallout games, and they gave me some of my most memorable gaming experiences to date, regardless of frame-rate drops.

Like most instances in my life, I choose to focus on the most positive aspects of each experience I encounter - and this is no different.

For now, and until the launch of Fallout 4, I will go back to reading my books, spending time with my friends, co-workers, and family, going to school, doing the things I love (all of which have occasional consistency problems :D ), but that I will enjoy nonetheless.

For those of you who will be playing Fallout 4 on launch, good luck in the wasteland! Don't let the vault door hit you on the way out!

I really cant tell apart joke posts anymore.

Don't remind me, Christmas 2011 was ruined after running into these problems on PS3. I thought it would be better this time.
I'm sure by Christmas 2015 you'll be able to purchase your first rounds of DLC for this though so holiday saved?

/sleaze

Always GOTY for these people! Always!

2444256-8233831785-78793.gif

GavinGT

Banned
just saw op video.

I.... really don't see what is the big deal here? Looks definitely playable and didn't bother me at all.

You didn't see the second video posted in here, which is now removed. He just spun the camera around and it went to like 16 FPS when he wasn't looking at a wall. And then there's the sniping video, which is still up: https://vid.me/JLcx

Shenmue

Banned
Bethesda got a pass from me for FO3 and Skyrim because of the PS3's stupid hardware decisions. No passes this time if this is true.

eizarus

Banned
Some people on this site are such buzz kills, lol. Constant complainers.

And some people will defend Bethesda even if, instead of the game, they sell you a bag of manure.

If they've got a past history of buggy games with bad fps, which they do, and can't even maintain a solid 30fps (which according to Bethesda was part of the reason that they graphics were dialled back), then we as consumers have the right to, and should, complain.

Greenlighting everything because you like a company and/or their past works is nonsensical and anti-consumer.

Boke1879

He sure can. There are tons of modern open world games which aren't riddled with bugs and performance issues (assuming they're not developed by Ubisoft, at least). Being open world isn't an excuse to release a low quality product anymore.

I'm really not the person to be complaining about graphics, especially when it's an open world game and not a corridor shooter, but I'm stunned to see Bethesda not being able to avoid performance issues with the current state of visuals. The game reeks of a rush job, it's either that or they're just incompetent.

So now this is a low quality product? What info are you basing this on? You're literally taking a few videos and putting it over the entirety of the game. The person who posted the scope vid even said he's had other fights that ran stable.

samn

Bethesda got a pass from me for FO3 and Skyrim because of the PS3's stupid hardware decisions. No passes this time if this is true.

They didn't deserve that pass. Bethesda chose to release that game on that platform in that state.

I don't see why this is an issue. Most people don't even notice if the framerate in a game is 60, 30 or 20. It's just another reason to complain. Internet hate culture is really starting to annoy me. Do you know how big Fallout 4 is? You can enter a ton of houses. No loading screens. I'm not surprised the framerate dips a little under 30 on consoles. This game is even bigger than Skyrim. At least give it a chance.

This obsession with framerate in a game is getting out of hand. You have developers like Miyazaki openly stating they don't give a fuck about frames per second, but people still complain. Remember Blighttown? The framerate changed that entire area. It added to the challenge. It was a clever way to manipulate the technology and use it to change the rules. But do you think people appreciated it? Naw, they'd rather complain. On PC, people even went as far as casualizing that entire area by making it run at 60 frames per second.

Honestly, people don't really care about the framerate. If it was 60, they'd find another reason to complain. I bet most of you won't even play it on PS4, so why complain? Just play it on pc and install one of those japanese waifu mods and change all the enemies into pikachus or something. jesus christ...

Spot on great post.

Mikey Jr.

I played and beat the entirety of FO3 on PS3.

I am now a hardened vet when it comes to framerate.

Having said that, in any other game, I would probably wait a few weeks before playing so that the game gets a few patches in.

But this is mother fucking Fallout 4. I can't wait. I am part of the problem.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
for big games like this I am fine with developers using dynamic resolution to hit a better framerate. FPS> Resolution all day for me, dont care if a game is 900p, rather it play smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom