• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks more like OP's tv has its "motionflow" or "smoothing" effect on, which explains why all of his movements appear sk exaggerated. It also makes any sort of normal framer ate seem janky. I don't know if this case, or maybe OP simply can aim and walk like a person, only a fucking a Rob Co product.

Oh hi Pete Hines.

Ricitor

I am consistently surprised by how little people respect themselves as consumers. Can't believe that fucking mess sold a few million alone on PS3

In fairness, nobody noticed this shit until 60+ hours when the save sizes got ridiculous. Even the press didn't know about this crap. Was an absolute fucking nightmare and nobody was warned.

I am consistently surprised by how little people respect themselves as consumers. Can't believe that fucking mess sold a few million alone on PS3

Just take a look at some of the responses in this thread.

There's a bunch of people actually proud of their inability to perceive sub-30 FPS and think everyone else is just a stickler/complainer/drama-queen.

Kyoufu

The frame rate on PS3 got bad when the save file reached a certain size. It was fine for like 60 hours for me then it appeared I had gone too deep into that rabbit hole and the average frame rate became a single digit.

Devs make a CHOICE to give the consoles more than they can handle, resulting in these poor framerates.

The consoles could be five times as powerful and games would still have crappy performance because the devs would ride them too hard and then fail to optimise.

MGS 5 was open world, 60fps and largely flawlessly performed on consoles.

I think it's more complicated than that. First, optimizing for every situation in a game like Fallout 4 and The Witcher is extremely difficult. On top of that, they have to create one set of assets across Xbox One -> PS4 -> PC so just focusing on each console isn't really possible. I think the fact that numerous games have struggled indicates that optimizing is more difficult that people imagine, though I agree the devs are also partly to blame.

MGS isn't really analogous to either Fallout 4 or The Witcher. The world scale and scope is much more limited.

MGSV's open world is absolutely dreadful. It's mind boggling that Kojima was working on that all these years.

Well he was working on the story, er, or I mean all the imaginative gameplay scenarios, or, ehrm, maybe the bosses, wait, no he must have been really immersed in creative level design? No? Hmm... All that Mother Base time sink bullshit must have really consumed a lot of creative energy then.

Anyways, I have PS4 version pre-ordered and I'm in the mood for a Fallout game, but I'll see what's up when reviews drop tomorrow I guess.

Krakn3Dfx

If, after multiple console releases where the XBox/DirectX version of a Gamebryo game ran better than the Playstation version, you still expect better the next time around.

CTThqtFWcAA9Qwx.jpg:large

Horp

I'm not sure what's more terrible, what Bethesda is trying to get away with, or the fact that so many people here on GAF (and other sites) just keeps on defending them whatever they do. I'm pretty sure that if it was announced that the PS4 version only is half the game, and the disc contains a virus that will shut down the PS4 forever, there would still be a handful of gaffers defending them.

Bethesda has set a really low goal for themselves in terms of graphics and they STILL mess up the framerate. Embarrasing to be honest.

dealer-

I'm sure by Christmas 2015 you'll be able to purchase your first rounds of DLC for this though so holiday saved?

/sleaze

Always GOTY for these people! Always!

Fool me once... I just keep pre ordering anyway, I need to be more patient with big releases like this.

They managed to hit 0fps with Skyrim PS3

skyrimj9xgy.gif

Holy shit, what is up with this engine. I had to stop playing Skyrim on PS3 due to the FPS problems.

Raven77

Yes, that is what happens when you build a game using a 15 year old engine that never worked well in the first place. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, all have had performance issues.

myco666

here's a video, i've recorder earlier today.

i just uploaded it, so youtube is still converting it, i think.

the framerate war fine until i used the scope, then it dropped significantly, making it hard to get a good shot.

https://youtu.be/aPAH3bFx3VE

Okay now this is rough. Does this happen everytime you use scope? If so then wow Bethesda.

It's open world game with interactivity and customization. You can't say that at all

That is no excuse for any game to run bad.

edit.

Holy shit that PS3 Skyrim fps. And it even got +90 metacritic.

Dingle

Neo Member
You're literally taking a few videos and putting it over the entirety of the game.

I could say the same thing about you and hype. I'm basing the info on what I've seen so far in terms of video footage, my friend who got his copy yesterday and that one early reviewer who was flamed for the crime of having an opinion. If Bethesda was proud of the product they're releasing, I really doubt they would have left the reviews until the day before release and I doubt even more that they would have embargoed the game's embargo.

I'm playing on PS4, ans the framerate is good. Yes, sometimes it drops (when it saves and load things actually) , but it's very minimal (and I'm very sensitive to framerate). Don't worry, the performance is good.

There's nothing dreadful about it

It's completely barren and uninteresting with very little variation and is also a chore to traverse especially with the restrictive mountains put in place. The game would've been much better off with a bunch of Ground Zeroes-style maps. The open world added very little.

Bsigg12 has the game on Xbox One and says it's a really solid 30 FPS:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184471862&postcount=9169

I don't fully believe him, but we'll see.

It would kinda explain things and no i don't mean those pathetic conspiracy theories from some folks here, but the fact that BGS ported Skyrim to Xbox One and that it's probably also the lead platform.

Does not mean it should be full of bugs and framerate issues on PS4 though. Let's wait and see, and let's especially not cancel pre-orders and go all buckwild.

RK9039

Well he was working on the story, er, or I mean all the imaginative gameplay scenarios, or, ehrm, maybe the bosses, wait, no he must have been really immersed in creative level design? No? Hmm... All that Mother Base time sink bullshit must have really consumed a lot of creative energy then.

Anyways, I have PS4 version pre-ordered and I'm in the mood for a Fallout game, but I'll see what's up when reviews drop tomorrow I guess.

He mostly focused on Quiet, that's where all the money went.

Frame Rate horrible?! Did you ever played Skyrim, FO3 or FONV on a PS3? I platined all of them, so for a Bethgame FR is absolutly fine.
100% sure there will be a Patch in the next days After release for solid 30fps

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Bethesda has set a really low goal for themselves in terms of graphics and they STILL mess up the framerate. Embarrasing to be honest.

The most annoying thing is that we aren't even dealing with a small studio here where technical problems can be excused with limited development resources. Bethesda should have all the resources it needs to produce games that are not a technical mess. Open world games will always have bugs due to there gameplay complexity, but slide show fps when looking through a scope at what can be at best described as mediocre graphics cannot be excused that easily.

There are actually people in this thread handwaving the fact that a game with those looks runs sub-30fps on a PS4... I just...

Jarmel

Banned
Some people seem to be completely oblivious of the fact that "constant complaining" about legitimate grievances is making products (or at least how the companies deal with broken products) better in the end all the time.

Some individuals don't care so long as they can be hyped for a game regardless of the end product.

Frame Rate horrible?! Did you ever played Skyrim, FO3 or FONV on a PS3? I platined all of them, so for a Bethgame FR is absolutly fine.
100% sure there will be a Patch in the next days After release for solid 30fps

The issue this time is the PS4 has the more powerful and easier to develop for hardware. There's no excuse for this.

Markoman

People move on, nothing to see here. I've played the same section yesterday and yes, though the framerate takes some significant dips right at the start when you enter this building, it gets better and is far from being unplayable. This should get patched easily, because there is nothing resource-demanding going on in the interior sections especially in this one.
On the plus side - at least the AI seems to be on par with most FPS games out there.

And lol at those who think the Xbone version will run/stay better - at the same resolution with 30% less GPU power? Witchcraft? This is no Cell vs. Xenon szenario.

For a Bethesda game Fallout 4 runs ok at the moment and there is room for improvement.
On a side note: sometimes the game ran so smoth in buildings that I was asking myself if it is running above 30 fps.

The frame rate on PS3 got bad when the save file reached a certain size. It was fine for like 60 hours for me then it appeared I had gone too deep into that rabbit hole and the average frame rate became a single digit.

In fairness, nobody noticed this shit until 60+ hours when the save sizes got ridiculous. Even the press didn't know about this crap. Was an absolute fucking nightmare and nobody was warned.

Most of the buyers didn't know this, and a I don't think that news about FR drops hit the masses.

To be fair, yeah, it takes a few dozen hours to be majorly effected - but most players reached that point easily. On top of that, they never bothered fixing it - presumably because it continued to sell so well. By the time all the DLC had dropped, despite all the DLC release delays for the PS3... No fixes. Even after the rereleased Legendary Edition. Nothing.

JaeCryo

Banned
Yeah... playing Bethesda games on the PS3 was always risky...

Makes me a bit nervous for buying this on PS4. But honestly... OP's video was not bad at all... serious hyperbole.

Theorry

The most annoying thing is that we aren't even dealing with a small studio here where technical problems can be excused with limited development resources. Bethesda should have all the resources it needs to produce games that are not a technical mess. Open world games will always have bugs due to there gameplay complexity, but slide show fps when looking through a scope at what can be at best described as mediocre graphics cannot be excused that easily.

Complety agree.

Real Hero

It's completely barren and uninteresting with very little variation and is also a chore to traverse especially with the restrictive mountains put in place. The game would've been much better off with a bunch of Ground Zeroes-style maps. The open world added very little.

The open world was simply there to facilitate being able to approach and finish missions in many ways. It's got totally different ambitions than something like Bethaseda's Fallout which is more about exploration.

sonny4p

I hated oblivion and skyrim. This is my first Fallout game. I saw the OP video and scope video and saw nothing wrong. Is there something wrong with my eyes?

TraBuch

Banned
And people wonder how Bethesda can "get away with it" with every release. Well, here's how...
So I should not buy a game that I've been looking forward to for years because of something that doesn't bother me nearly as much as it bothers others?

R&R

THIS times 100!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Video in the OP is what I expect out of a bethesda game at launch. But this shit?This shit is game breaking, IMO.

You don't know what "game breaking" means. If it was game breaking there likely wouldn't be a video to tell the tale.

Boke1879

Silly smooth zero FPS

Sure in that video. Not defending it but in all the time I put into Skyrim I don't even remember an instance of it loved the game had fun. The general public doesn't care.

Gaf tends to act shocked that these games sell well. It's because people legit don't care about FR that gets bad when tons of shit is going on. That's the reason people keep coming back to these games.

You're right in a perfect world, PC, PS4 and XB1 users would wait. But most people are going to buy these games day1 and unless these problems are game breaking or if the game is just complete shit. These issues really don't have any overall bearing of someone enjoying the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom