• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The HaloGAF Montage: Reach Edition

Scarecrow

Lol at the circus of fools trying to get the flag in the warthog in that first half.

What version of Sacred Icon Suite is that at around 8:30?

Retro

TheOddOne

ibldJvSVTHfdYH.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've got to say, you guys are really troopers for sticking to Reach. I couldn't do it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Awesome! I'm pretty sure I'm not in this at all (oops i'm lazy) but there are some AMAZING clips in here. I literally had to pause and come here after seeing the flag shenanigans clip. I am in tears.

Omega

Banned
I've got to say, you guys are really troopers for sticking to Reach. I couldn't do it.

It's really not that bad. I went back to Halo 3 and found a new appreciation for Reach because 3 is awful.

Good montage though. I had no idea you could ninja hijack a Falcon.

Suairyu

Banned
I miss my 360. Reminds me of the beautiful year I spent with Halo 3. With the next Microsoft console, I'll finally be able to play ODST and Reach and (probably) 4. Communities will be long gone though.

kylej

Banned
I like the fact that you showed most of the stuff in 1st person and the HUD was nice looking and easy to read. I didn't like the music choice, I didn't see much synchronisation between the music and the action. Also, I didn't like the music itself at all (I know it's Halo music, but to me it just doesn't fit for frag highlight).
I'm not a halo player and I can't aim for shit with a gamepad (and even a mouse some would say). I don't want to sound like a jerk but coming from oldschool FPS like Half-life or Quake I can't say I was impressed by the skills shown in this video. I have played Halo once or twice (for the first three eps) and that's about it. I'm just not seeing what requires some particular skills, what is hard to do, what is smart to do as a player, etc... I know the video is for fun and some parts were kinda funny (especially when someone kills all the stupid sniper players) but I found myself quite disapointed, I thought it was pretty underwhelming and boring and I refuse to believe that it was because HaloGAF isn't good at Halo.
I wonder if it's possible to make frag vids that are spectacular and impressive with halo seriously. Nothing in the game looks impressive considering the aim assist and the fact that grenade spamming is pretty much encouraged. Do you have vids that you find impressive that you could recommend?

wat

A+ montage.

Oozer3993

Great work Duncan! The plane was inspired, and the Tashi Ceiling fake out was brilliant. And thanks for including my clip!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Awesome job Duncan. Fuckin sick and hilarious all together. Some awesome clips in there. Holy shit there was some hilarious stuff in there.

I wonder how many people saw my triple kill, then saw the credits and closed the screen without seeing that I actually got the overkill LOL.

So good

GhaleonEB

The CTF bit with the Warthog around 6 minutes is HI-LA-RI-OUS,. Good stuff.

I have a similar clip from Halo 3, titled something like "Bozo and the Banana squad". Totally reminded me of it. I've had way too many moments like that. :lol

Great montage, Duncan. Love the intro and all the work that went into it. It's time capsule material for HaloGAF.

I have a similar clip from Halo 3, titled something like "Bozo and the Banana squad". Totally reminded me of it. I've had way too many moments like that. :lol

I'm sure that's happened to anyone who's played CTF and tried to coordinate picking it up and getting in the vehicle......But gotdamn like 8 times? :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Great montage, Duncan. Love the intro and all the work that went into it. It's time capsule material for HaloGAF.

It really is. I'm so glad the 2 montages that we have (H3 and Reach) are so great.

feel

Have watched it 3 times already, it's really nice. Top notch work Duncan. I really like how the music ends before the GAMEOVER on my segment. <3

And the fadeout on the triple kill medal at the end.

Ghal's clip is a thing of beauty, the explosions just keep sending and sending Elites through the air.

An-Det

That was fantastic, reminds me of why I loved Reach. Great mix of strong gameplay and funny memorable moments. The music makes me want to play again or at least pick up the soundtrack, so good.

Gomu Gomu

Some of you with the sniper rifle... Holy shit!

Great montage. Some very impressive skills and a lot of funny moments in there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely brilliant. Well done, Duncan!

Edit : Tunavi and Tawpgun's Warthog run was my favorite part, I think. :-D

Top Bottom