• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House in Fata Morgana |OT| Obsession. Sadism. Avarice. Zealotry. Death.

Well after seeing twitter conversations I want to believe that it's getting real the possibility of having a vita version in the west.Special thanks to @aokage that has been persistent and made the mock-up that started everything.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/865985488351502339
https://twitter.com/hanadakeika/status/865982806828109824

mood right now (lategame track)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
(*^-') 乃

PS. I did a great deal more than just set up the meetings, but it is cool that the initial mockup tweet enabled me to interface with the people at Novectacle, MangaGamer, HuneX, LRG, PQube, and other, as-yet-non-Tweeting parties that made this massive game of chess possible.

It's even cooler that GAF helped with the RT campaign, with especial shouts out to Kresnik and Shizuka.

Now it's in the hands of people like GAF's own Doug from LRG...and, of course

fatafather.png

blacksark

(*^-') 乃

PS. I did a great deal more than just set up the meetings, but it is cool that the initial mockup tweet enabled me to interface with the people at Novectacle, MangaGamer, HuneX, LRG, PQube, and other, as-yet-non-Tweeting parties that made this massive game of chess possible.

It's even cooler that GAF helped with the RT campaign, with especial shouts out to Kresnik and Shizuka.

Now it's in the hands of people like GAF's own Doug from LRG...and, of course

fatafather.png

I thought that you only did the mockup! So you made them get together to strike the deal?
It seems like a difficult deal since lots of companies are involved but I want to believe :3. And once it's released please people buy it, I will.

OniBaka

Just beat the game and it was one of the best experiences I ever had, the most I ever cried in a game. I wasn't expecting it to be so long so I thought I could beat it by the weekend, instead I took work off to finish it.

Anyway this game cannot be forgotten.

Oh, no really?? When??

When you have to find the 3 keys in order, I went to the cellar first and the beast jumped at the protagonist and killed him.
Worth it though for the extra scene
with Giselle asking to hold hands as a couple only for Michel to hold it
in a handshake way

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just beat the game and it was one of the best experiences I ever had, the most I ever cried in a game. I wasn't expecting it to be so long so I thought I could beat it by the weekend, instead I took work off to finish it.

Anyway this game cannot be forgotten.

When you have to find the 3 keys in order, I went to the cellar first and the beast jumped at the protagonist and killed him.
Worth it though for the extra scene
with Giselle asking to hold hands as a couple only for Michel to hold it
in a handshake way

Welcome to the family son.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Don't think I can accept that, I'm willing to do give aways if anyone is willing to help create a thread for it since I suck at write ups.

Your recommendation in the nier thread got me to buy it FWIW.

I've been in a mood for tragedy this year for whatever reason.

MilkBeard

Don't think I can accept that, I'm willing to do give aways if anyone is willing to help create a thread for it since I suck at write ups.

I had a writeup on the VN subreddit, feel free to quote it in full/borrow parts of it, but I have class now so you'll have to look for it.

Edit: Here it is:
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnove...troduction_to_fata_morgana_and_why_i_believe/
This is a good idea. More people should play this game.

OniBaka

Thanks, what a great write up.

Your recommendation in the nier thread got me to buy it FWIW.

I've been in a mood for tragedy this year for whatever reason.

Thanks, I figured people in the Nier thread would want more tragic stories. Honestly I didn't think anything would top Nier's story but this one did for me.

This is a good idea. More people should play this game.

Hell yeah, I think I can give 6 copies away. How should I do this? Have 4 copies available for those who try the demo and write impressions and have 2 copies for those that just post in the thread?

Not sure if that would work well.

Vazra

I gave away 3 copies of it 1 directly to a gaffer, 1 to a friend and another a raffle on SteamGAF. Glad to see more people stepping up to giving away copies.

Usobuko

Banned
What's with this fans giving away games movement for this title?

I too gave away one time to someone in Mangagaf but I'm more restricted by region.

Vazra

What's with this fans giving away games movement for this title?

I too gave away one time to someone in Mangagaf but I'm more restricted by region.

LOL the game sales are not the hottest and the fans want the game to reach more people and one of the ways to do that besides spreading the good word comes from gifting copies which thanks to keys or steam gifts you can pretty much do that without much hassle as shipping a copy of the game. That helps also with making the word of mouth for the game bigger and also makes the community grow a bit. I know you know this but I know some people who might read this thread wonder that stuff.

Vazra

Wasn't Steam gifting altered so that you can only gift during purchase now?

Not that it should be much of an impediment (just make a thread and run post numbers through a random number picker), but just saying. If you have giftable copies, that's amazing already.

I think you can buy steam copies outside of steam and giveaway the keys that way but not sure if this VN is on other store besides mangagamer and steam. You can do a giveaway with fake keys and pm the keys to the winners.

I think you can buy steam copies outside of steam and giveaway the keys that way but not sure if this VN is on other store besides mangagamer and steam. You can do a giveaway with fake keys and pm the keys to the winners.
Oh, yeah. I can't afford the game without regional pricing, so I hadn't thought of getting keys directly from MG.

Vazra

Oh, yeah. I can't afford the game without regional pricing, so I hadn't thought of getting keys directly from MG.

Ohhh I see. It sucks steam changed the way gifting is done. It was so much easier to get games from different regions for cheap. I remember the times I would get keys extremely cheap from Russia :(

OniBaka

Could always join my eventual giveaway. Hopefully will make thread tomorrow. Need to do it before E3.

Also I can just gift the game yeah? There shouldn't be price changes depending on who I gift to right?

Vazra

Could always join my eventual giveaway. Hopefully will make thread tomorrow. Need to do it before E3.

Also I can just gift the game yeah? There shouldn't be price changes depending on who I gift to right?

If the price difference is 10% or more you can't gift it I believe. I havent read all the details of the new gifting policies but I remember there was a difference that would limit gifting.

What's your regional Steam currency? Should be no problem whatsoever if it's USD. If not, you'll be notified at checkout on who you can gift it to (which won't necessarily limit it to JUST your country).

At worst, someone here's bound to be in the US, we'd all chip in via PayPal to gift one or two copies! (If not, DRM-free MG copies are still an option.)

Really glad that this is happening!

When the thread is opened, we should all chime in with our impressions ^^

Menome

I remember being intrigued by this game, but being distracted by other games at the time. Then my memory just got refreshed when someone brought it up in the "Bleak & Depressing Games" thread.

As I've got a bunch of boring adult-stuff to pay off this coming month, I'll probably have to pick it up in July, but I'm keeping the thread subbed as a reminder.

Quick question: Is this a one-path story, or are there a bunch of multiple endings?

Aokage

It's so cool that the possibility of the Western Vita release kinda revived this thread.

Especial thanks to OP Vazra and everyone giving away Steam keys.

Everyone needs to know the majesty of The House in Fata Morgana.

maxcriden

Is there a content advisory I can read if I'm a wuss with horror (and also, about other sorts of beyond PG rated content in the game of any stripe)?

Loz246789

Is there a content advisory I can read if I'm a wuss with horror (and also, about other sorts of beyond PG rated content in the game of any stripe)?
MangaGamer has posted a full thing here, although it does go into very specific detail for some of them:
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/05/12/the-house-in-fata-morgana-content-advisory/

If you want a slightly less spoilery rundown though, the game broadly includes:
incest
Graphic violence
Domestic violence
Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia,
the works.
psychological manipulation
suicide
sexual assault, rape
child abuse

Shizuka

MangaGamer has posted a full thing here, although it does go into very specific detail for some of them:
http://blog.mangagamer.org/2016/05/12/the-house-in-fata-morgana-content-advisory/

If you want a slightly less spoilery rundown though, the game broadly includes:
incest
Graphic violence
Domestic violence
Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia,
the works.
psychological manipulation
suicide
sexual assault, rape
child abuse

HUGE SPOILER
Intersex
is an important one.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
It's not horror like Resident Evil horror. There are descriptions of gore, but not like the games that revel in the kind of stuff. It's more tragedy, suspense, and some mystery.

Aokage

"Played the first thirty seconds, seems to be some sort of dating sim with a maid. I've watched enough anime to see where this is going, just slap a T on it. No one will know."

HA HA HA HA. Oh my God. Oh, thank you for that amazing laugh.

(...The crazy thing is I can almost see that happening. Will ESRB play 25-30 hours of a game that would sell well under 50k copies?)

Shizuka

HA HA HA HA. Oh my God. Oh, thank you for that amazing laugh.

(...The crazy thing is I can almost see that happening. Will ESRB play 25-30 hours of a game that would sell well under 50k copies?)

I read somewhere once that the publisher usually highlights the potential mature content itself and the ESRB just checks that.

Usobuko

Banned
I am kinda glad for the trophy system.

I mean I clicked on psnprofile to see what kind of players platinum the Vita Collection game and they all turn out to be top tier trophy hunters. The numbers may be small but it's vital to a niche game like this lol.

I also checked steamspy every once in a while.

Aokage

I am kinda glad for the trophy system.

I mean I clicked on psnprofile to see what kind of players platinum the Vita Collection game and they all turn out to be top tier trophy hunters. The numbers may be small but it's vital to a niche game like this lol.

I also checked steamspy every once in a while.

That and unfortunately Trophy whores buy VNs specifically for their easy trophies :/

Top Bottom