• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The House in Fata Morgana |OT| Obsession. Sadism. Avarice. Zealotry. Death.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Seeing this thread gain a second air of life has been heartwarming. Hope the damn vita version gets released here.

oh my god. But he also mentions no pre-orders in the poll? How in the world will I get my hands on a limited run niche vita game without preordering??

That fact that we're at the point where I'm even worrying about this is exciting.

Fuck it, if there's a prospect of the Vita port happening I can take dreaming to full speed.

Perhaps it won't be a limited run and it'll be always available.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Apparently there were some announcements or hint for ones at Fata Morgana music concert today.

Nothing regarding a localization was announced at the concert, but there were hints that Fata is by no means over. Whether that stays in Japan or not...

Nothing regarding a localization was announced at the concert, but there were hints that Fata is by no means over. Whether that stays in Japan or not...

1. The story concluded perfectly in the main game already, I really think there's no need to expand it beyond the original's ending, so I have reservations about the Vita arc already. Not sure there should be more Fata.

2. Fuck it, if it means more Yusuke Tsutsumi, Mellok'n and Gao tracks I'm fucking IN

3. Huh. Thought they announced there'd be new translations to other languages. Figures.

Aokage

1. The story concluded perfectly in the main game already, I really think there's no need to expand it beyond the original's ending, so I have reservations about the Vita arc already. Not sure there should be more Fata.

-Reincarnation- is...actually quite fantastic. I don't think "more Fata" meant the current mythos or characters, but rather another work in the same vein.

2. Fuck it, if it means more Yusuke Tsutsumi, Mellok'n and Gao tracks I'm fucking IN

RIGHT.

3. Huh. Thought they announced there'd be new translations to other languages. Figures.

For the Steam version, yes.

The translator is moving slowly, though I'm not sure what MangaGamer could do to "push it out." They don't generally put multiple translators on any of their projects.

Aokage

The Requiem translation is on target, by the same translator/editor duo that did the original.

If it seems like it's taking a long time given the length of the script, please try to remember that both of them are simultaneously working on multiple projects.

Worry not, it arrives this year!

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I still listen to the OST every now and then. I can't wait for "Another Episode."

Taruranto

-Reincarnation- is...actually quite fantastic. I don't think "more Fata" meant the current mythos or characters, but rather another work in the same vein.

What's Reincarnation even about? Can't find any spoilers.
Did the chance Morgana's fate so she reincarnated as the red haired girl?

Aokage

What's Reincarnation even about? Can't find any spoilers.
Did the chance Morgana's fate so she reincarnated as the red haired girl?

I wouldn't dare spoil the narrative for you...all you really need to know is that the key Fata characters have reincarnated in the present day, across all eras, and are coexisting simultaneously.

It's shortish (about the length of one FD/'Requiem for Innocence' scenario), but it's fantastic.

And yes, there's a twist, and it may have something to do with what you have in spoiler tags ;3

Edit: It very respectfully draws The House in Fata Morgana narrative to a close. Keika Hanada has no intentions of extending it beyond '-Reincarnation-', and that's totally A-OK.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Edit: It very respectfully draws The House in Fata Morgana narrative to a close. Keika Hanada has no intentions of extending it beyond '-Reincarnation-', and that's totally A-OK.
That's fantastic. I can understand the temptation for a small company to milk their most successful IP as much as possible.

Aokage

That's fantastic. I can understand the temptation for a small company to milk their most successful IP as much as possible.

Definitely. But I suspect Novectacle is too busy with their sophomore game right now anyway.

Aokage

Go for the PC version and post impressions as you play :p

Seconded!

Just remember dem spoiler tags ;3

(I'm not an ultra-hardcore avoider of spoilers, but this is one of the few narratives in games that I was so very thankful to go into completely blind.)

OniBaka

Well my impressions from looking at the art style I'm expecting some haunted house type story.

I'll try start it sometime this week and hopefully find appropriate gifs.

OniBaka

So I finished what I believed is the first door and very creeped out on what just happened. Towards the end I was hesitating to click through just in case a scary CG happened.

Story is very interesting and the set up is giving me A Christmas Carol vibe.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I finished what I believed is the first door and very creeped out on what just happened. Towards the end I was hesitating to click through just in case a scary CG happened.

Story is very interesting and the set up is giving me A Christmas Carol vibe.
Spoilers on whether or not there are jump scares.
None.
I had very similar concerns during my playthrough haha. Enjoy!

OniBaka

Spoilers on whether or not there are jump scares.
None.
I had very similar concerns during my playthrough haha. Enjoy!

That's cool, at one point I took off my headphones and turned on the lights.

Anyway story is playing how I guessed regarding haunted house so far though judging from impressions here it will probably 180 on me.

Should I do this in one sitting or just do a door/chapter a day?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Anyway story is playing how I guessed regarding haunted house so far though judging from impressions here it will probably 180 on me.

Go at whatever pace you feel like tackling it. If you wanna go fully at it in one sitting go for it and if you wanna take it slow and analyze and process things in a different speed. Just beat it and clear it :p

MilkBeard

Just go at the pace that feels right.
Game is quite long, so it might be unhealthy to do it all in one sitting lol.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I really liked door 1. I saw the "twist" from a mile away, but they absolutely nailed the execution. You might correctly predict some of the stories, you might not for some others, but the only constant is that the game nails it.

blacksark

It IS on the Vita version.

Vita port has base game + Requiem + new arc with voices

edit:

He retweeted Aokage's tweet before saying this. Also, there's ANOTHER poll by LRG that's going for five more days (about VN localization, this time with the specification that it's for $40-50)!

42e3ac7b0a.jpg

oh
oh no

Thanks for answering, so the vita is the definitve version then. Josh said that he wants to bring it to the us thanks to neogaf so whether it happens or not at least we tried!

Aokage

Thanks for answering, so the vita is the definitve version then. Josh said that he wants to bring it to the us thanks to neogaf so whether it happens or not at least we tried!

Well -that's- interesting (*'-')

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Link please?

Well -that's- interesting (*'-')
I know you were the first to tweet about it, but are you also the author of that mockup? I think most of the credit would go to both of you.

Edit: Oooooh found on LimitedRunDoug's twitter:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/864479438188101632

Aokage

Aokage

You should do more of those.

Hmm. I'm too busy with various flavors of work and FataVita back-and-forth at the moment, but... Hmm!

I wonder what other unlicensed Vita titles might benefit from a similar RT campaign.

Saphirax

Hmm. I'm too busy with various flavors of work and FataVita back-and-forth at the moment, but... Hmm!

I wonder what other unlicensed Vita titles might benefit from a similar RT campaign.

...Totally the Psychedelica series.

Someone needs to make it happen.

blacksark

Great work!
Now then...

Uppers! Shin Hayarigami 1 & 2! 死印! Death Mark (Experience developed Horror game with great art)! Chop, chop.

Kidding.

Aokage

Great work!
Now then...

Uppers! Shin Hayarigami 1 & 2! 死印! Death Mark (Experience developed Horror game with great art)! Chop, chop.

Kidding.

Good choices! My dream localization (just because it would be so damn hard) is Net High. I've been digging the Shiin demo, too. Yeah, more horror VNs FTW.

Whoa, not to get too off topic though :)

Shizuka

Well, I'm all for more campaigns, just don't want to waste any time with campaigns targeting companies that won't give a single damn for Vita titles like XSEED.

Top Bottom