• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

Went to buy the scout ticket to get anzu (tbh I don't even know if that's how it works) and it's 2500 of the paid gems? Hell naw man, I spent that when I was going for Anastasia, but at least I also got a ton of other idols with it, I ain't about to drop that cash on one girl.

3Kaze

Went to buy the scout ticket to get anzu (tbh I don't even know if that's how it works) and it's 2500 of the paid gems? Hell naw man, I spent that when I was going for Anastasia, but at least I also got a ton of other idols with it, I ain't about to drop that cash on one girl.
You get scout ticket + 10 pull ticket.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm just stuck between Ranko or Minami. I already have a Ranko SR, but an SSR Ranko would compliment the SSR Koume that I just got really well (my first ever!). Urgh.

Shun

MOST IMPORTANT NEWS. Lawson collaboration is KARAAGE KUN

Ci0x5tmUoAM6d1t.jpg

New articles new screens

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/276/1276799/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/19106173.html

Ci0xFPIUoAEMfiJ.jpg

Ci0w-xgVAAEOex9.jpg

New song

ザ・ライブ革命でSHOW The Live Kakumei de SHOW

Upcoming 2017 Live in January

CD sales

Will update when I'm not busy studying.

m0t0k1

Hmm the new song isn't really my taste. But the stage performances look really great. Also looks like the songs can switch on the fly. Like a real concert. All in all it has some nice visual improvements.

Shun

2ch is trying to ruin another voice actor's life and career again...

Even tho 2ch has ruined lives before it's becoming more and more of a trend lately for CVs. Nitta Emi from Love Live being on earlier this year for being on AV, and just earlier today Itou Miku, the voice for Yuriko in Million Live, is being accused of being on AV...

rpmurphy

2ch is trying to ruin another voice actor's life and career again...

Even tho 2ch has ruined lives before it's becoming more and more of a trend lately for CVs. Nitta Emi from Love Live being on earlier this year for being on AV, and just earlier today Itou Miku, the voice for Yuriko in Million Live, is being accused of being on AV...
Don't really get the rationale behind this... is it something about requiring a family-friendly image or people salty about the sexing?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Idol culture.

Idols have to seen as flawless and pure. Being seen in a relationship kills that. Being in a JAV smashes it to smithereens. Not that they need to have been in a JAV for that to happen, just the rumour is enough.

In some ways that's why I separate the fictional ones from the reality. The fictional world for these idols avoids the nasty side of the industry (well unless you're Wake Up, Girls).

Idol culture.

Idols have to seen as flawless and pure. Being seen in a relationship kills that. Being in a JAV smashes it to smithereens. Not that they need to have been in a JAV for that to happen, just the rumour is enough.

In some ways that's why I separate the fictional ones from the reality. The fictional world for these idols avoids the nasty side of the industry (well unless you're Wake Up, Girls).

I simply don't understand why people care, as long as they aren't doing anything in the public eye which tarnishes the brand (i.e. taking drugs, making racist comments etc.) they should be able to do what they want both with their private and professional lives.

Even the purity argument falls apart when you consider just how much hentai is out there for fictional idols (something which can be easily kept "pure"). It just seems they have to pander to obsessive stalker types that want to fantasise that the person in question belongs only to them.

Messiah

Hello everyone, not a regular in this thread but I bought the Taiko Im@s games and they came with codes for what should be a japanese Vita theme as far as I know.
Don't use a japanese account so I thought I might as well share them in here instead of letting them go to waste. (quote to reveal)

I'll try to participate in this thread more often in the future!

Rhapsody

Banned
Hello everyone, not a regular in this thread but I bought the Taiko Im@s games and they came with codes for what should be a japanese Vita theme as far as I know.
Don't use a japanese account so I thought I might as well share them in here instead of letting them go to waste. (quote to reveal)

Snatched the blue one, thanks.

m0t0k1

Do you know if the games work with a Playstation tv? I was looking into buying the blue version but only if it works with that. And welcome to the thread :p

Messiah

Do you know if the games work with a Playstation tv? I was looking into buying the blue version but only if it works with that. And welcome to the thread :p

Thanks and sadly they do not. Quite baffling as they don't use the touchscreen too much.

DiGiKerot

They didn't work with Vita TV last I checked, which was admittedly when they launched. Dunno if they've permitted it since they, as there didn't seem to be a good reason for it from the game itself.

Kudo

Noticed that there's free Idolm@ster Platinum Stars theme on JPN PSN and it even has the title music, looks very nice.
It's for the Cute type I wonder if they're planning to make free themes for all?

Ultimadrago

They didn't work with Vita TV last I checked, which was admittedly when they launched. Dunno if they've permitted it since they, as there didn't seem to be a good reason for it from the game itself.

Digi, do you play the mainline titles with Japanese and all or do you wait for an English guide?

Accoun

Makes me wonder if there are people that buy those cheaper (or not only the cheaper) figures and repaint them. I know there are for the prepainted Star Wars tabletop game, but unlike iM@S it wasn't based around anime and games trying to replicate the look. Dunno if for example adding actual shading wouldn't be too much.

Accoun

I've been tempted to buy from that series but prices are kinda meh for what I see at cons.
Yeah, I guess Makoto and Miki do indeed look decent on these photos, but I took a look on Rakuten and for example Takane looked pretty bad - like the face was stretched (and I'm talking about the box photo, which by definition should be flattening). Chihaya had simillar issues IIRC.

m0t0k1

Just a shame about the bases. No idea why they're so thick.

They got the message about Gotta support your idol. They took it quite seriously.

Yeah, I guess Makoto and Miki do indeed look decent on these photos, but I took a look on Rakuten and for example Takane looked pretty bad - like the face was stretched (and I'm talking about the box photo, which by definition should be flattening). Chihaya had simillar issues IIRC.

Yeah i also have the chihaya from the same serie but it isnt as good as the miki or haruka one. But i only payed €5 for it so it wasnt the biggest of disapointments.

Also the new platinum gasha cards has been released in million live. I know these are gonna make the makoto fans happy!

rpmurphy

Finally got a copy of Dearly Stars! I had not realized that it was a DSi-enhanced game, so good thing that I got it now instead of a year ago when I did not have a Japanese 3DS. Voice quality is surprisingly great in this.

kagamin

I'm happy to finally be able to play Must Songs (Red version), but it also made me realize I'm terrible at Taiko games, I need practice.

m0t0k1

I'm happy to finally be able to play Must Songs (Red version), but it also made me realize I'm terrible at Taiko games, I need practice.

I can do fine with the drums. But i am really bad with just a controller. But practice makes perfect. I couldnt do any pro songs at the start of starlight stage now i can do them easy.

Zabi

Banned
I noticed that there is now new trailers for the Traditional Chinese and Korean releases for Platinum Stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4iFTl_5rCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZTC29uhEc4

I asked my friend who knows Chinese if she wanted to pre-order but it looks like she lost interest. Previously when she showed interest she wasn't aware that those Chinese language releases of foreign games we see at stores like Play-Asia are in Traditional Chinese. She can read that but she prefers Simplified Chinese.

Edit: I think I know why Platinum Stars has been announced to be getting released in Traditional Chinese and Korean but still no English release. Years ago Idolmaster made a appearance at a Taiwan trade show which means there was interest while Korea has a localization of the mobile game Cinderella Girls already there and a live action TV series in the works. I have not heard of any interesting stuff like that happening in any of the English speaking areas. However, I do not feel that all hope is lost. If stuff like the English language release of Super Robot Wars V were to sell really well, that might help persuade them.

Also, I've never once noticed anyone link to Bandai Namco SEA's twitter page for those who want to directly let them know you want this in English instead of using stereotypical online petitions and hope they get noticed.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoSEA

Yuuichi

Seeing edeN in there gives me hope that we'll get a good tracklist, though that might not stop them from making a bunch of the songs character restricted

Top Bottom