• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

japtor

Fusebox said:
Yep, and just to expand a bit:

Swipe down, to hide, swipe down again to reload

Swipe up to come out of cover, swipe up again to do a jump manouver

Tap grenade to throw equipped grenade

Tap missiles to launch equipped missile

Tap robot icon to activate equipped perk - I like the hologram decoy and the bullet-time perks best so far.

But like I already said a few times, this is Space Invaders with a sick ass skin and some strategy, this is not a typical 3PS or FPS.
Ever play PN03? Just curious if it feels anything like that did since it sort of looks that way from videos, but without the booty shakin and free movement.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Unexpectedly loving Scribblenauts after being quite disappointed with it on the DS. With the microphone to dictate things, I can totally see screwing around in the semi-sandbow being a fun thing to do with friends or something. Also picked up Contre Jour, which seems pretty charming.

Utako

Banned
Playing Junk Jack and Jetpack Joyride.

A plethora of J's among them, but very little lasting enjoyment...

@cuyahoga, it's definitely the best version of Scribblenauts so far.

Shaneus

Is there a single post/list anywhere of the games on sale? Bit bummed that I paid full price for Scribblenauts this close to the sale, but it's still good so I don't mind!

Reese-015

Shadowgun is probably the biggest bargain I've seen on ios thus far at $0.99. It's not only a really solid game, it's also arguably the best looking and definitely one of the most high-production-values game on the platform.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Thank you to this thread for stealing my money 99 cents at a time.

Death by a thousand cuts, lol.

Shaneus

Dwayne said:
Read the appshopper post from the page before.
Yeah, going through that now. Is there a way to search on stuff that's just been on sale? I'm guessing the cheapest stuff will be that that's going on sale for this w/e.

Edit: Found it. Couple of free apps here and there but nothing that's grabbed me... yet. Got some Real Pinball table though.

Fusebox

Banned
Shaneus said:
Is there a single post/list anywhere of the games on sale? Bit bummed that I paid full price for Scribblenauts this close to the sale, but it's still good so I don't mind!
Just think of it as trickle-down economics.

DS owners paid $40 for it so you and I could pay $5 so everyone else can pay $1 for it.

I don't mind being an iOS early adopter and paying $5 for awesome games like Scribblenauts and Shadowrun because apart from the fact they're totally worth it, it also helps out poverty-GAF. Everyone wins!

Shaneus

Fusebox said:
Just think of it as trickle-down economics.

DS owners paid $40 for it so you and I could pay $5 so everyone else can pay $1 for it.

I don't mind being an iOS early adopter and paying $5 for awesome games like Scribblenauts and Shadowrun because apart from the fact they're totally worth it, it also helps out poverty-GAF. Everyone wins!
It would've been better if I'd actually put some time into it before it was on sale! But instead I stupidly spent that fortnight blasting the shit out of Jetpack Joyride.

BTW Were you one of the folk who nabbed Shadowgun? I'd really only be getting it as a showoff game for the 4S, but even if reviews say it does rip off Gears etc, at least it's being done on an iPhone.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Zeth said:
Peggle HD is showing 2.99 for me, did I miss it?

Edit: world of goo hd looks like its full price too.

Yep, the HD versions are still full price. Bastards! I already paid full price for the phone versions, I just want the iPad ones for cheap...

Do you guys use anything to organize your apps? It's a pain in the ass having to drag around tons of icons, especially if I want to keep all my games separate from the rest of my apps.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
flashburn2012 said:
Do you guys use anything to organize your apps? It's a pain in the ass having to drag around tons of icons, especially if I want to keep all my games separate from the rest of my apps.

Folders?

Fusebox

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Damn, I bought like $10 of .99 games today.

any turn-based RPGs out there that's good?
Check out Avadon, see if that looks like something you'd be interested in.

And yeah flashburn, folders?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have already bought so man HD/Universal aka. iPad Games - and i dont even own the hardware.
iPad 3 will probably own my life next year when ill get it. So much content....

Fusebox said:
Drag one game icon onto the top of another game icon and watch the magic happen.

Oh, damn, I can't wait to go home and try that! Things were getting pretty messy, like 4 pages of apps and I've only had my iPad for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom