• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

I get so incredibly mad watching iOS related youtube videos. Half of them are done by jackass teenagers with Installous on their home screen. And the videos that don't promote piracy are full of comments by people explaining how to do it or bragging about their iPhone hacking "skills".

Fox Mulder

I get so incredibly mad watching iOS related youtube videos. Half of them are done by jackass teenagers with Installous on their home screen. And the videos that don't promote piracy are full of comments by people explaining how to do it or bragging about their iPhone hacking "skills".

It's always great when friends or co-workers look down on you for buying games.

dream

So did anyone grab that Jazz game? I think I want it but the horrible grammar in that video is so offputting to me and I need someone to tell me the gameplay makes up for it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's always great when friends or co-workers look down on you for buying games.

Lol yeah my cousins thought I was crazy that I wanted to buy games. When I told one of my cousins he laughed at me and when I tried to explain why, he was like it's not worth it and the only games he thinks are worth buying are big retail console games like CoD.

Fusebox

Banned
Thread deleted? What happened?

It was basically some guy claiming Sanuka was a pirate and demanding TA take action otherwise he and the rest of his gang would take down the TA servers by spamming the forum with threads, but he did it in a reeeaally long winded hilariously lame tough guy manner. If true to his word, the same thread should reappear soon. :p

Borman

What type of video would you like to see? Just quiet videos showing off the games themselves? (Genuinely curious btw, not being sarcastic). I started to test making some iPhone videos recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GLjhbKt1s&list=UUCGXWYrMKnnQjHN8TfqsLWw&index=2&feature=plcp

Haven't gotten the exposure quite right yet, but Im working on that.

Smash Cops has GREAT controls, but SONUVABIACH consumable IAPs. Fuck a cock.

Edit: Also, SimCity Deluxe HD is on sale for 99¢. For those who might be asking, know that it IS a fairly component SimCity game, but in the end it will just make you crave a true version.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I never played Order Up before but it seems like the full game is playable for free...it does show ads in between loading screens but that's what you get for free, unless you pay for that IAP to disable. And you download restaurants as you unlock them (for free), I guess that's how they got around the 20 MB limit

Also, the game is fun!

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I heard smash cops is like a 30 minute game. Anyone played through it yet?

I'm seriously considering getting soul calibur for the dreamcast nostalgia rush...

Dingotech

I never played Order Up before but it seems like the full game is playable for free...it does show ads in between loading screens but that's what you get for free, unless you pay for that IAP to disable. And you download restaurants as you unlock them (for free), I guess that's how they got around the 20 MB limit

Also, the game is fun!

Weird Order Up is 20.1MB on the Aussie store... have to wait till I get home to try it.

Psy-Phi

So Real Racing 2 worth .99 cents? Read it's fun just worried about the performance. I'll be playing it on a 4S.

Why are you worried about the performance of any game on the 4S? It will run great. Or is there something else you were wondering about? I have the HD version on the iPad2, similar hardware and resolution; can't recall a problem with it in normal play.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why are you worried about the performance of any game on the 4S? It will run great. Or is there something else you were wondering about? I have the HD version on the iPad2, similar hardware and resolution; can't recall a problem with it in normal play.

Just read some posts about some fps or some performance probs in the other thread thats all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just read some posts about some fps or some performance probs in the other thread thats all.

I'm on a iPhone 4 and it's smooth. Not 60 FPS but 30 FPS consistent. I saw those comments too and have no idea what they're talking about

The game is like 1 GB after it's installed though

Dynamite Shikoku

I got soul calibur. Looks good and plays smoothly on my ipod. I imagine it will look really nice on ipad. You can move the buttons and change their opacity too which is good. I have no problems with the controls whatsoever - but then i didn't have any problems with SFIV or KoF-i either.
Hope we get a tekken on ios next.

soulcalibur.png

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm on a iPhone 4 and it's smooth. Not 60 FPS but 30 FPS consistent. I saw those comments too and have no idea what they're talking about

The game is like 1 GB after it's installed though

Damn it's gonna make my 16GB or really 13.7GB cry. I've been clearing out space already with 9+GBs free, only leaving top tier games.

Does synching games with iTunes erase save files? I've been randomly playing a bunch of games tonight and I've noticed that they're all acting like it's my first time playing, like the save files have been erased. I'm just trying to figure out what I could have done to make this happen.

Flunkie

Banned
Triple Town iOS is out - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/triple-town/id490532168?ls=1&mt=8

It's free but restricts your rate of play using an energy mechanic. It is a unique take on the match-3 genre.

Unfortunately, they didn't connect it to their Facebook version so this is a completely stand alone product.

Yeti Town ripoff!

Kidding, I know Yeti Town is totally the copycat here, but in many cases, the early bird gets the worm. I played and exhausted my intestate in this type of game already so personally, I probably won't be playing much of Triple Town

Baseball Superstars 2012 coming soon.

520_ios.jpg

mmm hd sprites. Probably the only good game series gamevil puts out.

I'm betting Free with a bigger emphasize on cash for gold stuff.

pubba

Just found a free game on app shopper called Niko. It's a platformer with a neat control mechanic. It's fun, looks good and the controls work surprisingly well. I like what they have done with the jumping mechanics. Plus - its free so might be worth a try for any platforming fans.

Name: Niko
Dev: sulake Corporation
Category: Games

Kinda meh on the Basebal Superstars news, I loved 09 and 10, but IAP killed all fun in 11.

really? I always found there system to be decent because you can grind enough points from my player fairly easily.

It does seem to get a wee bit harder each game (we really should make them pay more!), but it's enough to keep me entertained.

Works better then all their other shitty action rpgs mainly it just requires you to time the swing button.

LuchaShaq

Banned
i played an insane amount of baseball 2011 on my evo/transformer it made me try/buy a bunch of their other games but didn't enjoy anything else despite hating real baseball.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do you guys know, besides the iCade (which I own) what are others good/bad popular gadget/stuff worth mentioning in the OP under "Touch Gaming Gadgets" (or you can give me a better name for that) even if it doesn't require hardware support? What was the name of that rubber analogs that you stick on your phone?

I'd also appreciate a couple of people who've tried those writing a couple of lines on why they're good/bad.

Same thing for screen protectors, which models are good/bad for iPad/iPhone gaming and if you think they're necessary.

Dynamite Shikoku

Do you guys know, besides the iCade (which I own) what are others good/bad popular gadget/stuff worth mentioning in the OP under "Touch Gaming Gadgets" (or you can give me a better name for that) even if it doesn't require hardware support? What was the name of that rubber analogs that you stick on your phone?

I'd also appreciate a couple of people who've tried those writing a couple of lines on why they're good/bad.

Same thing for screen protectors, which models are good/bad for iPad/iPhone gaming and if you think they're necessary.

Fling sticks?

Milla

Neo Member
Tried and failed. :( Fortunately, deleting the app (Ghost Stories) all together and reinstalling it worked. :)

Ah, yes, that would have been the next suggestion, but I save that until all else fails, since it does bring with it the risk of data loss. I'm glad you got it sorted :)

Shaneus

iControlPad? I don't know if you're not counting things that are kinda like the iCade but aren't... but it has iCade support but isn't as cumbersome and is a little more pocket friendly. Can also be used as a bluetooth controller for PC and other BT-phone things.

Xater

Baseball Superstars 2012 coming soon.

http://img02.gamevil.com/w2p/2012baseball/520_ios.jpg[img]

mmm hd sprites. Probably the only good game series gamevil puts out.

I'm betting Free with a bigger emphasize on cash for gold stuff.[/QUOTE]

I am really into this series. Super excited for the new one.

GeekyDad

Was thanking Cave for their fix of Bug Princess, and got this Tweet back this morning:

XUtS6.png

Of course, it could be just another 360 port, but hey, a guy can hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom