• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

Menitta

So I'm still a very surface KOF fan and I've played a little bit of Vanessa in previous games. In this, I'm playing her like Dudley. Not sure if that's good or bad but I like it. I really like playing as her.

Spman2099

It is so very, very hard to get a match. I think I am actually going to have to start tailoring my my schedule if I want to get a match... I want to play it, I want to get better, but that is pretty hard to do when I have been looking for a match for the last hour and a half and haven't gotten a single one. Moreover, I really like playing rank. I like getting those points. Man, it is such a bummer.

Hyun Sai

It is so very, very hard to get a match. I think I am actually going to have to start tailoring my my schedule if I want to get a match... I want to play it, I want to get better, but that is pretty hard to do when I have been looking for a match for the last hour and a half and haven't gotten a single one. Moreover, I really like playing rank. I like getting those points. Man, it is such a bummer.

Ranked is clearly dead. Player base is not high enough for matchmaking, even more with the stupid idea to enforce by region zone and not by connexion. Lobbies and making a friendlist on PSN / Discord are the only way to play online.

Spman2099

Ranked is clearly dead. Player base is not high enough for matchmaking, even more with the stupid idea to enforce by region zone and not by connexion. Lobbies and making a friendlist on PSN / Discord are the only way to play online.

Ugh, that is what I feared...

Well, I was able to get a few matches when the new characters dropped. That was fun... Maybe if they release new characters again I can get a few matches in.

Been this way since launch and basically how things work for most fighting games. Being able to just hop online and get games at any time is not the norm.

Anyone up for games later? PSN GiygasXLR. I'll be on at 7:30 CST, which is 8:30 EST.

I'm also up for Revelator on PS4 but honestly asking on GAF feels like a waste like 90% of the time since no one replies lol.

ggs. I've been trying to see what to do after you slide with angel. Sometimes I wait for you to do it again because I need to see what punishes it lol. None of the lights were fast enough. Kukri's flip kick also I tried to figure out the punish. I know you are negative on it.

Facing mixups are pretty rough when I haven't played in a while.

So, I made the (mistake, going off how terrible I am at it XD) of buying this today, and I'm sort of at a loss as to where I should even start. I've started watching through guides in the OT at least.

I'm super casual when it comes to SNK fighters, as the only ones I've played properly, and by that I mean casually as all hell but for more than an hour, are Fatal Fury 3, and a bit of XIII and CvS2. I love Geese, Andy, and Blue Mary, so I wanna use the first two on this for sure, and I'm liking Alice too, so I'm probably looking to start my KoF journey with them. Are they playable on controller, or will I be better with stick? I can play both, but I'm not too good with movement heavy games like this and GG/BB/Marvel on stick.

That brings me to my main question; how important is team order on this, and what would you recommend? Is it like Marvel, and I've picked a team of 3 anchors or something.

Also, how is Yamazaki on this?

BadWolf

ggs. I've been trying to see what to do after you slide with angel. Sometimes I wait for you to do it again because I need to see what punishes it lol. None of the lights were fast enough. Kukri's flip kick also I tried to figure out the punish. I know you are negative on it.

Facing mixups are pretty rough when I haven't played in a while.

You were adjusting really well as the matches went on.

As for Kukri's flip kick, only the light version of the ground flip kick can be punished (and even then spacing has to be right or your normal won't reach him). The heavy version as well as both air versions (and instant air versions) aren't punishable on block.

So, I made the (mistake, going off how terrible I am at it XD) of buying this today, and I'm sort of at a loss as to where I should even start. I've started watching through guides in the OT at least.

I'm super casual when it comes to SNK fighters, as the only ones I've played properly, and by that I mean casually as all hell but for more than an hour, are Fatal Fury 3, and a bit of XIII and CvS2. I love Geese, Andy, and Blue Mary, so I wanna use the first two on this for sure, and I'm liking Alice too, so I'm probably looking to start my KoF journey with them. Are they playable on controller, or will I be better with stick? I can play both, but I'm not too good with movement heavy games like this and GG/BB/Marvel on stick.

That brings me to my main question; how important is team order on this, and what would you recommend? Is it like Marvel, and I've picked a team of 3 anchors or something.

Also, how is Yamazaki on this?

If you plan to get decent at the game then quick movement will definitely come into play.

As for team order, usually a character that is a good battery (can function without meter while being good at building it) is put first and characters that can make good use of meter are put on anchor. Generally speaking people put their best character on anchor so he or she can hold the fort. At this point though just have fun and use the characters in any position, that will help you learn to play them with and without meter.

For that trio a good order would be Andy, Alice and then Geese. Andy is a zoner and is really good at getting a lead and sticking to it. Alice does big damage for 1 and 2 bars but anything beyond that is pretty useless (her advanced and Climax cancel are pretty bad). Geese does big damage and can really put meter to work, the more you give him the more pain he will deliver.

Yamazaki is pretty cool and brutal in this, they gave him a super which poisons the opponent.

GrayFoxPL

Depends. If I got into "wait for ranked in training mode" I got many matches one day and almost none another.

I can't stress this enough that SNK needs to patch in Quick Free Match without regions and with ability to search while playing arcade/story mode. They need to do this. I can't even get to most rooms.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw I'm in EU, maybe someone wants to play sometime?

Add me: PSN - GrayFoxPL

Just a fair warning I'm pretty shit so don't go all best team on me, I'm a punching bag, lol.

Btw I'm in EU, maybe someone wants to play sometime?

Add me: PSN - GrayFoxPL

Just a fair warning I'm pretty shit so don't go all best team on me, I'm a punching bag, lol.

I'm getting back into the game, if you are on in about 10 minutes send a friend request to GiygasXLR.

edit. nvm make that an hour, have work to do.

BadWolf

Gotta say, it felt like
Reynald
won NCR only because of
Romance's
unfamiliarity with Mian. Other than that it felt like he would have went down, definitely didn't feel like a dominating performance like the last time they played.

It was funny seeing him use Robert that much though after calling him garbage in 2.0 after the patch released.

https://www.twitch.tv/resetaberdeen

There is a Team of Verse, Anthonov, Dinosaur in Grand final of Hypespotting. God is real.

EDIT : InfernoKong with such a team destroyed everybody in the tournement in the end. Never lost one game.

Sweet, checking out archive.

https://www.twitch.tv/resetaberdeen

There is a Team of Verse, Anthonov, Dinosaur in Grand final of Hypespotting. God is real.

EDIT : InfernoKong with such a team destroyed everybody in the tournement in the end. Never lost one game.

Those sweet Dino resets, the Dino mirror on Winners Finals, that freaking perfect with Dino to cap it off the tournament.

DQFV7wq.jpg

stn

Is KoD easy to play? Also, why does Mian strike me as the El Fuerte of KOF? The matches I watched, he was flying all over the place. I'm a KOF scrub, however, so I'm probably missing something very obvious.

If anyone ever wants to get some games, add me: stnhdr.

Is KoD easy to play?

Kind of.

There's only one big combo string you need to learn with him but you need to be skilled to read the opponent to landing it and to pressure them into falling into your command grab.

The guy who recently won with him, did a pretty lengthy tutorial detailing all about KOD. Is a bit outdated now with the 2.0 patch but is still the best reference for the character.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrhl8gfd6eAzpNQAXmG3GADCHT-_Ju6zH

stn

Another noob question: is KOD's QCF+P special safe on block? I'm liking the character, just want to know how far I can "spam" some of his specials, lol. Better yet, is there a site with all the frame data?

Menitta

Welp. Online may as well not exist for me. Either shitty connections, godlike players, or both. I'll never be on the level of the people online. That's a bummer.

Welp. Online may as well not exist for me. Either shitty connections, godlike players, or both. I'll never be on the level of the people online. That's a bummer.

If you want to play some games monday I'm down (PSN GiygaxXLR). I'm not godlike and have butterfinger combos. Granted I'm not beginner level, but I feel we can learn a lot from playing all levels of play.

Also I have solidified that my Angel is mega booty. I can pick up MuiMui in 5 minutes and do better with her than my hours of practice doing Angel combos. Also that st.C is so godlike, I can max mode it at like the tip and it still has enough hitstun to run up, why did I never try out this chick before.

Is anyone willing to try matches with my Mexican connection? I haven't really had much chance at all to play the game since I got it so I really suck and really need the practice before Evo so I get slightly less anhilated.

Is anyone willing to try matches with my Mexican connection? I haven't really had much chance at all to play the game since I got it so I really suck and really need the practice before Evo so I get slightly less anhilated.

I can play with you in about 5 minutes. I need to stick an ethernet cord into my PS4 right now.

Menitta

If you want to play some games monday I'm down (PSN GiygaxXLR). I'm not godlike and have butterfinger combos. Granted I'm not beginner level, but I feel we can learn a lot from playing all levels of play.

Also I have solidified that my Angel is mega booty. I can pick up MuiMui in 5 minutes and do better with her than my hours of practice doing Angel combos. Also that st.C is so godlike, I can max mode it at like the tip and it still has enough hitstun to run up, why did I never try out this chick before.

You can add me. PSN : Hyunsai972

Thanks both of you! Unfortunately I don't have enough time tonight but I'll add both of you on PSN!

Hyun Sai

That could be rough, but we can test it out. PSN : Hyunsai972

I'm there for 30 minutes max though.

I can play with you in about 5 minutes. I need to stick an ethernet cord into my PS4 right now.

On the subject of ethernet cords, I'm forcibly on wifi for at least one more week so hopefully that doesn't hurt things much =__=

I think we already have each other added on PSN no?

That could be rough, but we can test it out. PSN : Hyunsai972

I'm there for 30 minutes max though.

Oh, sure give me a sec to add you.

On the subject of ethernet cords, I'm forcibly on wifi for at least one more week so hopefully that doesn't hurt things much =__=

I think we already have each other added on PSN no?

Oh, sure give me a sec to add you.

Yea, we played BBCF against each other before.

I plugged in a cord, but my internet seems slower than normal according to the test. I think my cousin is downloading something.

Ok, that was playable against Solar, freezes at the end against Sixmachine.

i think i played against you at release. it might be my housemate playing dota or something. i have 1 bar with you and 3 bar with solar. I'm in TX btw.

the psn test connection is giving me a fifth of the speed i normally have.

Top Bottom