• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Taruranto

Wait a second...

(Zero no Kiseki spoilers, though it's more a speculation from my part)
Are the people in the residential district Renne's parents? I thought it was weird that they all had portraits, then it hit me, the dad's hairs are the same as Renne's dad in the flashback.

Anyway, onward to chapter 2. I can't believe they let you explore all Crossbell, half of the playthrough will be talking to NPCs.

Korigama

Finding combinations/strategies that break the game is half the fun.

I love how Alisa breaks the late game in CS1.
That Craft the gives 4 turns of CP Regen + 50% Evasion is god tier. Give your folks some evasion Quartz + equipment, give Alisa the Auto-CP Regen Accessory and have someone in the team that can cast Shining on Alisa and you have an elusive Craft spamming army.
Bonus: Max Level Angel Master Quartz for Alisa in case some unforeseen instakill enemy S-Crafts make it through for that instant revival with full Health, EP and CP.
Having someone with Adamantine Shield is also helpful as a second line of defense. Since everyone basically evades everything most of the time, it will last quite a while with each cast :p
Hm, enemy S-Crafts are never really unforeseen though. Bosses who have them always telegraph them with a specific line before the next time they act. A Lv. 5 Moebius (spreads item effects to multiple targets within a medium range) w/Adamantine Steak is the ideal solution for dealing with those, but neither the steak recipe nor that Master Quartz show up until later in the game, and it's unlikely one will have the latter maxed out on a first run.

As good as the instant revival that Angel has is for peace of mind, typically it won't be necessary with meticulous planning taken into account.

alpha69

Wait a second...

Are the people in the residential district Renne's parents? I thought it was weird that they all had portraits, then it hit me, the dad's hairs are the same as Renne's dad in the flashback.

Anyway, onward to chapter 2. I can't believe they let you explore all Crossbell, half of the playthrough will be talking to NPCs.
Well...
(Don't open if you want to see it yourself. Zero spoilers incoming)
Assuming you mean
He is and you'll know what really happened between Renne and her family later. It's part of the main story

Wait a second...

Its actually kind of sad most western gamer are unable to play the conclusion to
Renne's Arc

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
getting Shadow Hearts: From The New World vibes
protag will most certainly be some young upstart
Right, I forgot how young Trails protagonists tend to be. It will be difficult for someone in their late teens or early twenties to channel Humphrey Bogart, and Shadow Hearts' Johnny Garland is definitely not what I had in mind when I suggested a PI protagonist.

Regardless, I don't think the Calvard protagonist will be a part of
Kilika's agency
(Sky the 3rd spoiler), at least at the beginning. Rean is neither an Ironblood, nor a member of the noble faction, and I expect the next main character to be similarly uninvolved initially in Calvard's internal power struggles.
Hm, enemy S-Crafts are never really unforeseen though. Bosses who have them always telegraph them with a specific line before the next time they act.
I don't think this is true. I've seen bosses do something else between their half HP line and the S-Craft. My memory could be deceiving me, but I believe that I've also seen
Vulcan
(CS Chapter 6 spoiler) perform his S-Craft relatively early into the fight, when I was still dealing with his backup and had barely scratched him. On top of that, bosses can use S-Crafts multiple times per fight, if you take long enough, but there's only one mid-combat line for them to speak.

I hope CS III gives enemies a visible CP meter. Not only will it make fights feel more fair, it will also create new opportunities for boss fight design, like giving a boss henchmen that can cast Impassion or transfer their own CP to their leader.

Ascheroth

Hm, enemy S-Crafts are never really unforeseen though. Bosses who have them always telegraph them with a specific line before the next time they act. A Lv. 5 Moebius (spreads item effects to multiple targets within a medium range) w/Adamantine Steak is the ideal solution for dealing with those, but neither the steak recipe nor that Master Quartz show up until later in the game, and it's unlikely one will have the latter maxed out on a first run.

As good as the instant revival that Angel has is for peace of mind, typically it won't be necessary with meticulous planning taken into account.
Nothing is really a problem if you're properly prepared, the problem is more that the game is usually fairly easy even on Hard so there's no reason to meticulously prepare for everything/come up with elaborate strategies and then suddenly a difficulty spike comes out of nowhere and a boss rolls over you. Which is annoying.
Also I forgot/didn't think that enemy S-Crafts ignore evasion, and my entire defensive strategy was built around, "well they can't hit me anyway and even if they do occassionally I'll heal that up easily", since it worked for everything else.
Before instakilling S-Crafts appeared.

Baliis

Finally got around to setting up my vita with my JP account so I could start Zero last night, then forgot my vita at home, gah!

Psxphile

It would be weird with all the set up from The 3rd and Crosbell not to have a new protagonist.

Falcom will find a way to make the Rocksmith's Agency the "totally-not-bracers" Agency, like they did with the SSS or class VII.

Shouldn't be too hard to explain away, if a certain former Bracer guild branch chief is still in charge of this new agency.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So falcom does like to adopt really good features/trends or call it whatever.
So after dq11 I think dance animations should be the next thing they adopt.
It's such an incredibly integral feature of what makes dq11 such a great game.

Taruranto

I'd say it's more than half tbh. Zero would really benefit from turbo mode.

Yeah, tangentially related, but I was really disappointed the game doesn't let you skip spell animations, I was hoping they would have learned after TITS. Oh well.

Anyway:

Embve6t.jpg

CS/Zero spoilers
are they talking about Class VII here?

Kalor

Yeah, tangentially related, but I was really disappointed the game doesn't let you skip spell animations, I was hoping they would have learned after TITS. Oh well.

Anyway:

Embve6t.jpg

CS/Zero spoilers

I don't think so. The timeline doesn't match up. They weren't rewarded by Osborne anyway.

Anyway:

Embve6t.jpg

CS/Zero spoilers

I don't think so. The timeline doesn't match up.

Yeah I'm also thinking about it but it doesn't make sense.

Thankfully in Ao the added the skip animations function for the combat.

Thud

Anyway:

Embve6t.jpg

CS/Zero spoilers

The numbers don't add up.

Neoweee

Yes, it would. After playing the Sky Evo games, the turbo mode is a must-have.

Yup. I gave up on the PSP TitS in like 30 minutes because it was unplayable slow, but really liked the Cheat Engine / Turbo Mode PC version. Cheat Engine is decent, but Turbo mode is a way better implementation. It went from a game I liked but would never recommend to a game that I whole-heartedly recommend to all JRPG fans.

They should honestly patch battles to be 1.5x as the default.

Yes, it would. After playing the Sky Evo games, the turbo mode is a must-have.
To be fair, the Evo games don't bring that much more compared to Zero/Ao. Dialogue skip up is already there, so the biggest difference between the two is fast forwarding fights in Evo. Which wouldn't be really helpful when talking to NPCs.

The biggest improvement of the PC Turbo modes compared to the Evo games is actually fast forwarding field movement, which was already kind of solved in the CS series with the addition of fast travel.

Loz246789

Josette is without a doubt, the most OP character in 3rd

... on support

To be fair to Josette, she's more *useful* as a party member in 3rd, but unfortunately for her it's almost entirely because of your lack of options when you get her rather than her getting any real buffs. I'm strangely endeared to her character anyway, buuuut she was off the team as soon as I got the opportunity.

PK Gaming

To be fair to Josette, she's more *useful* as a party member in 3rd, but unfortunately for her it's almost entirely because of your lack of options when you get her rather than her getting any real buffs. I'm strangely endeared to her character anyway, buuuut she was off the team as soon as I got the opportunity.

I'm making use out of the entire party so she gets some action from time to time, but goddamn is her support ability useful. The 30% boost to Sepith adds up.

And she's definitely decent in battle, though currently almost entirely outclassed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Josette has some good crafts that would have been great on a better character. She lacks the stats to back them up, and apparently stealing is actually detrimental to getting good items from enemies.

Korigama

I don't think this is true. I've seen bosses do something else between their half HP line and the S-Craft. My memory could be deceiving me, but I believe that I've also seen
Vulcan
(CS Chapter 6 spoiler) perform his S-Craft relatively early into the fight, when I was still dealing with his backup and had barely scratched him. On top of that, bosses can use S-Crafts multiple times per fight, if you take long enough, but there's only one mid-combat line for them to speak.

I hope CS III gives enemies a visible CP meter. Not only will it make fights feel more fair, it will also create new opportunities for boss fight design, like giving a boss henchmen that can cast Impassion or transfer their own CP to their leader.
I've only seen bosses use S-Crafts after their HP dropped below a certain point. I don't recall seeing them more than once per fight, but I also didn't take long to end them. Basing this on both my Normal and Nightmare runs. That said, I have heard that (spoilers for CS I Chapter 4)
it's possible for Rean to use his S-Craft at any time in the fight against him and Machias while playing Laura and Fie, but I've never seen that one happen for myself

Nothing said about CS III giving enemies visible CP meters, but based on the changes to mechanics, it may just get more difficult as a result of it being possible for them to gain the opportunity to S-Break if the conditions are right.
Nothing is really a problem if you're properly prepared, the problem is more that the game is usually fairly easy even on Hard so there's no reason to meticulously prepare for everything/come up with elaborate strategies and then suddenly a difficulty spike comes out of nowhere and a boss rolls over you. Which is annoying.
Also I forgot/didn't think that enemy S-Crafts ignore evasion, and my entire defensive strategy was built around, "well they can't hit me anyway and even if they do occassionally I'll heal that up easily", since it worked for everything else.
Before instakilling S-Crafts appeared.
I'd say that the difficulty scales a bit more evenly in CS II compared to the first game, for the most part. But yeah, S-Crafts completely ignore evade.

kagamin

Just finished Zero no Kiseki, regarding the ending:
I didn't expect a complete lack of an final cutscene that foreshadows the next game, not that I mind having a satisfying ending aside from a few loose ends story-wise.

Squire

Banned
I think I already dislike her. But yeah, some of these boss fights are going to be wild.

I'll be legit surprised if Sen 3 actually lets you have an intimate style scene with her or any of the new girls. You'll be stuck with your sen 2 choice/"who did you spend that last night with rean"/they make the choice for you :p

Right, I'm pretty sure she's mostly trolling. Rean's reactions will be worth it lol

Well that was good.

I spotted
Tio in the party, hope Randy is also playable at some point.

Overall didn't find it too much spoilerish, definitely not at the level of that Ao trailer.

Edit: I should say I don't understand japanese, I'm only referring to what they show, maybe they are saying crazy things and I don't get it.

alpha69

Default choice if you don't carry over data.

... which we still don't know how it'll work actually...
Damn, I only have a save from the English release!

I hope they share some details about the data transfer from Sen II soon, it's literally my only worry now. I don't believe it should be that hard, they can just send out an update to Sen 2 via PSN and make it able to upload your saves then Sen 3 downloads them.

Jiraiza

God damn, that trailer!

I see that Kurt and Juna scene though, I hope they go through with the pairing, if they're planning to do some kind of romance.

Top Bottom