• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Kalor

I'm watching bits of the stream on right now and its making my choice more difficult. Get the game in Japanese where I'll understand enough to get by or wait. I'm playing other stuff right now so maybe we'll have an English announcement by the time I'm done with those. Not that it's likely.

Stenlock

Neo Member
I'm watching bits of the stream on right now and its making my choice more difficult. Get the game in Japanese where I'll understand enough to get by or wait. I'm playing other stuff right now so maybe we'll have an English announcement by the time I'm done with those. Not that it's likely.

I know it's not going to happen, but I hope we'll get an announcement before the end of the year.

PK Gaming

I'd recommend against it.

From what I've seen, the general style of the game hasn't changed. It's very much all about the dialogue, with some combat and sidequests to break up the reading. And having Japanese that's just good enough to "get by" seems like a recipe for disaster. This game series is built on its NPCs after all.

RiouV

If you have any desire to improve your Japanese language skill then I would encourage importing it. This probably won't be the last game you will have to wait a while for before there is localization so think of it as an investment in the future. When I first started playing games in Japanese I didn't even have enough knowledge to say it was enough to get by.

I hope XSEED continues to be more creative than Falcom with trophy names

"Bond with X" repeated is laaaame

BIG FUCKING CS3 NEWS GUYS!
CHARACTERS OTHER THAN REAN CAN FISH!

Watching the stream is a terrible idea but I can't stop myself. It looks so good.

Right? *CS3 Spoilers*
I showed up just as Laura and Fie showed up and was like I HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!

Also at least one person is putting the game into a summery as they play (or watch this stream) which will be extremely helpful to someone like me who doesn't understand every bit thats being spoken (not to mention all of the text) from what I've seen of the stream it certainly doesn't look like a majority of the game is actually voiced which I could swear is something they were claiming in an interview but eh, I'll get by either way.

certainly doesn't look like a majority of the game is actually voiced which I could swear is something they were claiming in an interview but eh, I'll get by either way.
I thought I saw that too, only looked at the stream silent though so i'm not sure how much is missing.

Hopefully we don't end up with another scenario where XSEED wants to add more voicing and can't...

With the sub master quartz thing, seems like the same master quartz can be main for 1 character while sub for another. Not sure if that was known before

I thought I saw that too, only looked at the stream silent though so i'm not sure how much is missing.

Hopefully we don't end up with another scenario where XSEED wants to add more voicing and can't...

With the sub master quartz thing, seems like the same master quartz can be main for 1 character while sub for another. Not sure if that was known before

Yeah I it was in that last translated interview where they were talking about the game length as well. Could have been a mistranslation maybe or perhaps exaggeration or something. I wasn't expecting like literally every character being voiced but I just saw a scene involving one character just being introduced who was voiced but everyone else in the conversation was not. That just comes across as something we'd see in CS1/2 that I thought we'd see them move past in this game.

CSX

Read that article about how Cold Steel 3 marks the series story completion at 60%.

So assuming Cold Steel 3 sells enough to warrant more games , that sounds like 2-3 games in Calvard next and then an epic "Everyone gets together" finale for a final 2-3 games.

Gotta resist reading spoilers and watching streams of CSIII lol. My plan is to replay CSI on PC once CSII PC port is released. Then by the time i replayed both, CSIII would be localized on ps4 and hopefully ported to PC as well :)

BTW since there are people already playing CSIII, is it confirmed there was no save transfer from CSII? I remember people saying that it was technically possible even though CSII was on ps3.

Lol even though its been 2 years Erebonia still with that 1950's mentality *small CS3 spoiler*
Girls in cooking class with Towa, Guys in computer class with Rean

Erheller

Lol even though its been 2 years Erebonia still with that 1950's mentality *small CS3 spoiler*

It's so weird because the series is usually pretty good about girls being good at engineering stuff. Like Tita and Angelica, off the top of my head.

Gu4n

Be mindful of spoilers from Sen III to be added to the Kiseki Wiki from now on.

hj8697mh8doz.png

The spoilers won't be mine until after I finish the game; others might add info before me, though.

Aters

I wonder if it's just a videogame thing or that's how it is in Japanese high schools.

Gu4n

Is it known if the game does something else to enable continuity? Like give you a list of characters to hang out with at some point and assume that the chosen character is the one Rean did the final bonding event with in CS II?
I don't think there is any continuity from II.

I also think it matters less because the gap between Sen II and III is close to 1.5 year. Everyone has moved on and started doing their own thing. The continuity isn't as strong as with FC-SC, Zero-Ao and CS1-2.

Sara still owes me that main course, though.

alpha69

I don't think there is any continuity from II.

I also think it matters less because the gap between Sen II and III is close to 1.5 year. Everyone has moved on and started doing their own thing. The continuity isn't as strong as with FC-SC, Zero-Ao and CS1-2.

Sara still owes me that main course, though.

So they're just gonna pretend the last bonding event, and the few character-chosen specific scene at the epilogue from Sen II didn't happen? That's disappointing... :(

I was expecting someone to do an interview to Rean where they will give an option to the players when asked about a "special someone" that would make Rean remember the bonding events about that character in particular.

Or something similar to what CD projekt did with The Witcher 3.

PK Gaming

With regards to CS, disappointment is the norm.

CS3's only real disappointment is the distinct lack of consistent voice acting. After experiencing the PC ports of CS1 (and eventually 2) it's going to be hard to go back to that, and it seems to be at its worst.

Everything else seems absolutely solid. From the lightning quick battle system, to how characters are handled, and even the story seems far more intriguing than usual CS fare. I can confidently say it definitely improved on CS2's flaws too.

So they're just gonna pretend the last bonding event, and the few character-chosen specific scene at the epilogue from Sen II didn't happen? That's disappointing... :(

I'm of two minds here. They could either:

Have a de-emphasized focus on romance in general up to the final bonding scene explicitly being a follow up to what was set up in the first 2 games. (Ideal)

OR

Rean gets varying amounts of shipteasing with each girl in general until you can seal the deal (Not ideal).

If Falcom is going to be inconsistent with VA I wish they could at least stick to doing some scenes voiced and some scenes not (I think this is how Ao worked?), instead of dialogue between voiced and non voiced characters in the same scene like in Sen II.

Furthermore, if Sen III does end the Erebonia storyline and one of Eidos' Treasures makes an appearance, I hope it can create some semblance of the excitement that the Sora SC and Ao were able to. Those titles were exciting because of how they set up the reveal of Eidos' Treasures - more so than the treasures themselves. The black orbment was expertly handled in FC,
leading the player to believe that it was "stopping orbments" before they realize it's actually transferring the energy
, and Ao had multiple threads leading to the big reveal that made it something special.

Sen II -
I guess Testarossa made for a dramatic scene (done entirely in-engine or faking it?), but ... It didn't really feel like the setup of CS I & II came together to bring the game to a dramatic conclusion. Someone tell me if I'm wrong and it was exciting for x y z reasons.

varkuriru

The CS3 opening is ok. Kinda liked the previous games style openings better.

On the other hand, I am addicted to the battle theme. Hopefully the OST is released closely with the game!

MKIL65

CS3 opening
It's mostly still images LOL, but I did like that Altina part, where she was sitting on top of Valimar.

Top Bottom