• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Thats legitimately disappointing...especially since I feel like I had convinced myself they had said they did find a solution for save import.

I wouldn't be as disappointed if they were actually trying to setup a canon romance between Rean and either Alisa or maybe one of the new girls but that really doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen so far.

Edit: Oh shit Stream getting interesting again. CS3 spoilers
Sharon backstory!

PK Gaming

Burning all the ships with no survivors, I like it.

I don't think anything has changed, dude!

Also Randy has a sexy voice.

The CS3 opening is ok. Kinda liked the previous games style openings better.

On the other hand, I am addicted to the battle theme. Hopefully the OST is released closely with the game!

I don't really like the opening either; the art is honestly pretty terrible, the animation is still lowkey outside of a few key moments, and it doesn't really get me pumped up. Sure, CS1/CS2 used barely animated stills, but they knew how to use said stills.

I don't really like the opening either; the art is honestly pretty terrible, the animation is still lowkey outside of a few key moments, and it doesn't really get me pumped up. Sure, CS1/CS2 used barely animated stills, but they knew how to use said stills.

Yeah I think thats the thing that surprises me the most. I expected at least somewhat higher production values but from what I've watched of the stream and everything it still comes off as really low budget which is not what I really expected when they made to the jump to PS4. I think the character models themselves look pretty great but the animations are still a bit off in place. Last night the stream was making fun of one of the characters hair because it was moving around slightly as if it had a life of its own XD

Yeah I think thats the thing that surprises me the most. I expected at least somewhat higher production values but from what I've watched of the stream and everything it still comes off as really low budget which is not what I really expected when they made to the jump to PS4. I think the character models themselves look pretty great but the animations are still a bit off in place. Last night the stream was making fun of one of the characters hair because it was moving around slightly as if it had a life of its own XD
the cutscene animations still look CS2 levels, which is a far cry from the jank that was CS1, but still not impressive.

Combat has improved incrementally at least. Better camera panning and flow for sure. Havent focused too much on the actual character animations in combat as I'm only taking cursory glances at the stream, but the little I've seen there has looked good.

Still, I just hope that if XSEED wants to do more voice acting than Falcom again, nothing stops them. The work there really carries some of the weaker cutscene directing in CS1.

PK Gaming

Oh I was talking about the anime OP intro. The character models look pretty dang sweet, though the animations aren't the strongest. Thankfully nowhere near as robotic as CS1.

(CS3)
Rean's hand clipping through Laura's ruined one of their moments, lol.

Oh I was talking about the anime OP intro. The character models look pretty dang sweet, though the animations aren't the strongest. Thankfully nowhere near as robotic as CS1.

(CS3)
Rean's hand clipping through Laura's ruined one of their moments, lol.

Yeah I know you were but I'm talking about the whole thing in general. The OP is merely a part of that.

Young Magus

PSN copy unlocked 30 mins ago!

backpain-1292835351.jpg

But I got work tomorrow:

full

Just played through the first few battles. EVERYTHING feels soooooo good and smooth this time tho. Hella excited after work tomorrow :D

Yeah combat was following really well. I was pleasantly surprised to already see a few familiar faces right from the get go that I didn't know would be showing up so soon (no major characters).

One thing I don't like is the use of bad modern UI elements.

Dotted zone lines, pop up door text, breakable containers with big markers appearing over them like you couldnt fucking figure out they were breakable...

MKIL65

Really cool that you don't have to press the x button every time to pick up an item, after breaking a crate.

The item just automatically get's added to your inventory. Small changes like these makes me happy.

And the battle theme is really good!

PK Gaming

We should get that CS3 import OT up soon since I don't want folks to run into a

Oh my God, Estelle showed up and she's a DIVINE PANCAKE COOK now what a twist!

Type situation. Yeah?

Stenlock

Neo Member
Lack of save import sucks.

Guess I'll have to do another run of CSII and pick a bro for the final bonding event, otherwise things would be hella inconsistent.

Thanks for that man I'll be sure to use it. Also just want to point something out still in this topic... You don't seem to have unlimited bonding points like I swear one of those interviews said you did. Unless you get more from doing quests or something I have 3 people I can bond with the first 'free' day and 2 points to use. I'll update this if I find out anything more.

Thanks for that man I'll be sure to use it. Also just want to point something out still in this topic... You don't seem to have unlimited bonding points like I swear one of those interviews said you did. Unless you get more from doing quests or something I have 3 people I can bond with the first 'free' day and 2 points to use. I'll update this if I find out anything more.

CS1/2 and Tokyo Xanadu all had ways to get bonus bonding points at least.

CS1/2 didn't. You'd get additional ones at the evening scenes but those events are different, unless I'm missing something massive. Unlimited was an option for NG+

Thought you could get one bonus for doing certain quests. Might be misremembering.

Tokyo Xanadu definitely did let you get more though.

Thought you could get one bonus for doing certain quests. Might be misremembering.

Tokyo Xanadu definitely did let you get more though.

I was hoping for something like that but I did the side quest and nothing and the extra characters yellow ! mark is now colored out as if I can't do it anymore. Poor Kurt.

I always said that the choose-your-own-romantic-partner thingie would not satisfy anybody. See where it gets us now? Hmph hmph harumph.

(I never said that)

I have this suspicion that the studio lacked time and/or resource to create enough footage for the song's duration. There were a lot of time I thought that a static scene should move on already, and some dynamic scenes that just felt too short (like during the "everybody's fighting" sequence, all Kurt does is turning his head).

Hey, they could explain away the disappearance of past romance choices with a Sept-Terrion or powerful artifact.

(Assume spoilers for everything up to CS2)
the Sept-Terrion of Time is still somewhere, or Ouroboros could have rerecreated the Sept-Terrion of Mirage, just to fuck with Rean lol.

More seriously, speaking of the Sept-Terrion of Time, I assume that whenever it will come into play, it will be a great exposition device to show/tell about the history of Zemuria.

MilkBeard

Decided to finally play Trails in the Sky. I've had it on steam for a while. Had it originally on PSP but the system broke on me.

Been enjoying it so far. A little cheesy at times but the characterization is warming, and the game has a nice "relax and veg with an RPG" vibe for me.

Korigama

Lol even though its been 2 years Erebonia still with that 1950's mentality *small CS3 spoiler*
Girls in cooking class with Towa, Guys in computer class with Rean
I never read much into this at the start of the series, particularly with the head of the cooking club in CS I and II being a guy anyway.
Oh shit, they actually balanced S-crafts.

And they toned down Brave Orders too. Not bad.
Hm, "balanced" makes it sound like they just made S-Crafts far less effective (I had no qualms with them being as powerful as they were, given the cost for using them).

I still can't find a damn stream wherever Alisayun is getting these spoilers from lol but can't look again right now. I'll assume when I next check back something else crazy will have happened.

Aters

God damn the story is going places....... Might say it's the craziest it has ever been.

edit: I was wrong again. see you at CS4.

It's called "the last saga" to reassure us that it'll actually end the sen arc.

If that is indeed real, until I see video its really hard to say for sure. Damn if I wasn't still in mid chapter 1 I'd just rush through the game myself to see it but no way I can get it done that quickly, sheesh.

Top Bottom