• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

SephLuis

At this point of the game, so much stuff was happening, and so many reveals were dropping... I didn't even talk at length at some of the more small stuff I noticed. But the implications for the Kiseki series as a whole are pretty big...

This is the reason I liked CS1 more than I should have and why I hope we see Crossbell and the SSS again in CS3 (I still haven't played CS2).

Especially, I want more details on *Ao epilogue spoilers*
how they fought the imperial army for two years in order to free Crossbell. Is Crossbell finally independent too ?

Young Magus

Ao Last Chapter Question:

Is there any way to buy status protection items on the ship.....or at all! Asking cuz I got my ass handed to me by the enemies at the theme park when you storm it thanks to the death/blind statues. Those deathblows and blind states add up :eek:

Edited :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So Cold Steel is finally picking up somewhat. I'm fighting crime and uncovering conspiracies (yay) instead of handling teenage drama.

Or is it? I'm back in school (start of chapter 2) so I hope the pace keeps up and I don't return to trying to make friends with douchey teens. xD

Aters

So Cold Steel is finally picking up somewhat. I'm fighting crime and uncovering conspiracies (yay) instead of handling teenage drama.

Or is it? I'm back in school (start of chapter 2) so I hope the pace keeps up and I don't return to trying to make friends with douchey teens. xD

Oh don't worry, you will spend half of your total game time at school.

Erheller

CS plot intensity in a nutshell (extrapolate for each new chapter you get):

20098914485463385426134813378840.jpg

The school days don't get more relaxing/boring/whatever as time goes on, but the field trips definitely get more intense each chapter.

Dantero

CS plot intensity in a nutshell (extrapolate for each new chapter you get):

The school days don't get more relaxing/boring/whatever as time goes on, but the field trips definitely get more intense each chapter.

As someone who just made it to the final chapter I can't quite agree with this. Humps 5 and 6 should be reversed : p

It's fairly similar to Trails in the Sky where each new chapter starts out fairly slow. Just instead of resetting to "we just arrived in a new town and are going to do a couple of small requests for the guild" it goes back to "we're back at school and doing some requests for the student council and going into the old schoolhouse". And similarly, each chapter starts building up more and more. Chapters 1 and 2 are fairly slow even when things ramp up, but Chapters 3-6 have a lot more big plot events going down.

Gu4n

Honestly, though, now I've played a Persona game again, I found a new form of appreciation for Cold Steel. The day-to-day calendar is detrimental for the pacing of the game and whereas Cold Steel actually builds up over time, Persona 5 consists of a number of excitement bursts that never reaches the heights of Cold Steel's grand finale.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's fairly similar to Trails in the Sky where each new chapter starts out fairly slow. Just instead of resetting to "we just arrived in a new town and are going to do a couple of small requests for the guild" it goes back to "we're back at school and doing some requests for the student council and going into the old schoolhouse". And similarly, each chapter starts building up more and more. Chapters 1 and 2 are fairly slow even when things ramp up, but Chapters 3-6 have a lot more big plot events going down.
All right, sounds reasonable, so long as the school stuff doesn't double down on the stupid teenage drama crap at least. ^^

aravuus

Learn to enjoy the NPC stories and the school stuff becomes a lot of fun. I'd even say the various school NPCs and their little stories were the high point of the game for me.

PK Gaming

Trails in the Sky - Prologue End

Coming from Cold Steel, I knew I was in for a totally different experience but I still wasn't prepared how different things are holy shit. I've done this before (I played through the Persona series backwards lol), but I was surprised at how well this game holds up in retrospect. Actually scratch holding up, Trails In The Sky is a genuinely solid RPG. Whereas Cold Steel had clear peaks and valleys, Trails In The Sky is (so far) a lot more consist of an experience. Gameplay is better, with a more balanced battle system and on hard, with money and equipment management being more enjoyable due to how challenging it is. Nothing much needs to be said about the main cast; simply put, they're amazing, with Estelle being the best of the bunch (shocker). She's a major fuck up, but she's so damn compelling and I love the idea of rewarding the player for bolstering Estelle's growth by making the right decisions (even if they aren't as fun)

Josette whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
One thing that bugs me so far about Cold Steel is that the battles are typically way too easy. I refrained from going on Hard 'cause typically in RPGs that just means "grindy", but now I wonder if putting it on Normal was a mistake... :\ Can't seem to change it mid-game too?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Other question, about the "bonding events": any reason/advantage to bond with the NPCs at all (like the student union president, or instructor Sara)? I figure I'd just do the bonding events with the party members since it gives an XP boost to the linking abilities?

Other question, about the "bonding events": any reason/advantage to bond with the NPCs at all (like the student union president, or instructor Sara)? I figure I'd just do the bonding events with the party members since it gives an XP boost to the linking abilities?

Sara is amazing. Also bonding with her gives a little extra scene and some trivia about her past. Specifically
which country she is from

Also there is a achievement for watching the final bonding scene with either of them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sara is amazing. Also bonding with her gives a little extra scene and some trivia about her past. Specifically
which country she is from

Also there is a achievement for watching the final bonding scene with either of them.

I don't care about achievements, and I guess link XP isn't that important. Plus I guess she was a party member in the prologue so she (and that student union president whose name I forgot) might be one again later. Ok, thanks for the info, I'll check Sara. She cracks me up. Reminds me of Schera but way more irresponsible. xD

SephLuis

One thing that bugs me so far about Cold Steel is that the battles are typically way too easy. I refrained from going on Hard 'cause typically in RPGs that just means "grindy", but now I wonder if putting it on Normal was a mistake... :\ Can't seem to change it mid-game too?

Some boss fights can give you some challenge. I don't recommend anyone to play the first time on hard,

Yeah, this has similar curves that Sky did but Hard isn't another term for NG+ either.

I don't care about achievements, and I guess link XP isn't that important. Plus I guess she was a party member in the prologue so she (and that student union president whose name I forgot) might be one again later. Ok, thanks for the info, I'll check Sara. She cracks me up. Reminds me of Schera but way more irresponsible. xD

Forget Oroborous, getting these two together drinking will end the world.

Raiho

Neo Member
The Drinking Anguis

1. Schera
2. Schera's friend that I forgot the name now
3. Sara

We need four more.

Her name is Aina. Is Olivert an official Enforcer of this group?

Man, I really want Schera to return in Cold Steel 3 and see her go out drinking with Sara and Olivert.

SephLuis

Her name is Aina. Is Olivert an official Enforcer of this group?

Man, I really want Schera to return in Cold Steel 3 and see her go out drinking with Sara and Olivert.

Oliver is Enforcer level. Not enough to be Anguis.

I don't remember anyone that was such a heavy drinker in the Crossbell games.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Um, am I reading spoilers here or...? >_>

Anyway, I just ran into an old friend
Baron Bleublanc
. lol.

So Cold Steel I happens more or less simultaneously as Trails SC in the timeline, or
he didn't die (as expected since it was ambiguous)
in SC? I believe the game mentioned
the orbal shutdown
so I thought Cold Steel was after SC but now I'm not so sure...

SephLuis

Baron Bleublanc
. lol.

So Cold Steel I happens more or less simultaneously as Trails SC in the timeline, or
the orbal shutdown

Cold Steel happens a few years after SC.

I think there's the timeline in the fist post of this thread.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hmm, I see. That's what I thought but, still, disappointing that
no one ever fucking dies
:p

Think I just spotted
Renne
too.

Is it safe to sell books that I already used for link XP (like the Relaxation Through Music, Napping etc.?)?

SephLuis

Hmm, I see. That's what I thought but, still, disappointing that
no one ever fucking dies
:p

Think I just spotted
Renne
too.

Is it safe to sell books that I already used for link XP (like the Relaxation Through Music, Napping etc.?)?

You're playing CS I or CS II ? I am currently in CS II.

If you're playing CS I, no way you spotted her; I do not know if she appears in CS II, but I doubt it.

About the first spoiler, you'll see....

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
CS I. There was
a flying mecha with a girl rider
so that definitely reminded me of her.

Anyone knows about the books? It's not much but since it seems useless and I'm always low on cash... >_>

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I beat Trails SC two nights ago. Thus far, I've written eight lengthy posts and counting just on its endgame alone. I'm probably at around 70 from charted progress since the start of FC. I need to do character rankings, final reflections, and a little bit on the few tiny things I might have changed were I a limitless writer/creator for the games. Once I've gotten it all completed I'll ultra-condense it and port it over to here. I'll just share those final thoughts and stuff, nothing too big. Once I start The 3rd/Cold Steel I'll do LTTP threads here on GAF though.

Anyway. For now, I'll simply say that these games are life-changingly good. This is the best "new" JRPG series I've gotten involved with since 11-year-old me plugged in Final Fantasy VII 18 years ago. It's restored my faith in an entire genre. I'm not surprised it hasn't caught on majorly in the West but I hope its numbers stay moderately stable. I want these games to continue to be localized. I want to watch this saga unfold.

Estelle era.

Ragnard era.

BALEE DAT.

EDIT: Wow. I just noticed the pics upthread of the lucky GAFfer just starting their journey through TiTS. It's only been nine weeks since I began my own quest and I'm already feeling nostalgic looking at those FC Prologue screens. Incredible. Just incredible. What a journey.

Baron Bleublanc
. lol.

the orbal shutdown

(SC stuff)
It wasn't even really ambiguous. The last you see of Bleublanc in SC is him pulling his disappearing act after his fight, making it clear that he's going to remain at large.

Psxphile

Anyone knows about the books? It's not much but since it seems useless and I'm always low on cash... >_>

You can reuse them in subsequent playthroughs, but otherwise no they're not needed. You can just as easily rebuy them on another run when you have more mira then you know what to do with. So if you're really that hurting for cash and you already used them, sell 'em.

Aters

CS I. There was
a flying mecha with a girl rider
so that definitely reminded me of her.

The books are just collectables. They are always an interesting read though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finished Ch. 2 and yeah that wasn't
Renne
at all haha. Glad the plot is picking up at least.

You can reuse them in subsequent playthroughs, but otherwise no they're not needed. You can just as easily rebuy them on another run when you have more mira then you know what to do with. So if you're really that hurting for cash and you already used them, sell 'em.

Got it, thanks.

Dantero

I just finished CS1.
What the fuck was that!? A few hours ago I was all like "After this I'll play through TitS SC" but how can I not just jump into CS2 after that ending?
How important would you guys say it is to play SC before CS2?

I just finished CS1.
What the fuck was that!? A few hours ago I was all like "After this I'll play through TitS SC" but how can I not just jump into CS2 after that ending?
How important would you guys say it is to play SC before CS2?
My question is how could you not play Sky SC after FC.

But in any case, not really important. Anything that would spoil Sky SC would have already been spoilt by CS, except for one easily missed detail.

Dantero

My question is how could you not play Sky SC after FC.

But in any case, not really important. Anything that would spoil Sky SC would have already been spoilt by CS, except for one easily missed detail.

I played FC months before SC released on steam. And when SC finally did I wanted to wait for the patch that added chest comments then got sidetracked and started CS1 for some reason.
I don't feel like CS1 spoiled a lot about what happened outside of Erebonia or I just don't remember enough about FC.
Good to know, though. I'll just get CS2.

Edit: Also, Celine is the best looking cat in any game, ever.

Menthuss

Just finished chapter 8 of SC.

It was pretty cool seeing
several characters I know from CS pop up in SC (even if was only for a minute). Gives a real sense of continuity. And all those mentions of Osbourne, goddamn man.

I feel the game is starting to drag on at this point though and skipped almost all of the hidden sidequests and a couple of monster extermination quests. I really want to just finished the game at this point. Can anyone give me an indication of how many hours the final chapter takes?

On a side note, when can I view what was on the
data crystals
that I found in
the towers
? I'm really curious as to their contents.

I'd actually say that there's a pretty notable spoiler for SC in CS2 for someone who has already played SC. I'd really recommend playing SC first.

Good thing my memory is shit then cause I remember nothing that was said in CS that was somehow SC-related lol

The Drinking Anguis

1. Schera
2. Schera's friend that I forgot the name now
3. Sara

We need four more.

Add Thomas to the mix. He is Alkoholritter level at least.

Neithardt also deserves a mention.

Edit:
Good thing my memory is shit then cause I remember nothing that was said in CS that was somehow SC-related lol
SC Spoilers
The Aureole, Olivier's identity, Renne and Joshua leaving Ouroboros, Leonhard's death, Steam-tanks... etc
Get all spoiled in CS/CSII

SephLuis

Add Thomas to the mix. He is Alkoholritter level at least.

Neithardt also deserves a mention.

So we got 4 Driking Anguis:

1- Schera
2 - Aina
3 - Sera
4 - Thomas

I would put Olivier and Neithardt on Enforced level. Enforced, as in, enforced to endure alcoholic comatose.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Just finished chapter 8 of SC.

It was pretty cool seeing
several characters I know from CS pop up in SC (even if was only for a minute). Gives a real sense of continuity. And all those mentions of Osbourne, goddamn man.

I feel the game is starting to drag on at this point though and skipped almost all of the hidden sidequests and a couple of monster extermination quests. I really want to just finished the game at this point. Can anyone give me an indication of how many hours the final chapter takes?

On a side note, when can I view what was on the
data crystals
that I found in
the towers
? I'm really curious as to their contents.

SC's final chapter will take you a couple of hours. It's really good stuff though and quite different from the norm. It took me like twice as long but I encountered a glitch by doing something so profoundly stupid I couldn't find a single mention of it on the net.

As for the
tower data crystals you can consult the Capel onboard the Arseille over time during Chapter 9 and translations will gradually unlock.

Young Magus

74 Hours
13 Mins
34 Seconds

Thats the total for my playthrough of Ao. Man what a ride it was. That final chapter kept dropping bombshell after bombshell and just when you thought it was wrapping up it kept going with the reveals. The final boss battles was something else *whew*

The last chapter alone makes it my favourite chapters in all the trails games. The endgame was terrific.

I would post more but its 2am over here and I got work tomorrow...... so zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Menthuss

Uh, I think my game glitched out.
I'm on the final chapter, going through all the final bosses.
After defeating
Luciola
, I continued to go up the tower.
Then, after going up to the 4th floor, I expected to encounter
Renne
. Instead, after heading towards the boss room, Estelle and the others just
walk to the terminal and unlock the elevator to the next floor. No sign of Renne at all.
I'm now at
Loewe

What's going on here?

Kalor

Uh, I think my game glitched out.
I'm on the final chapter, going through all the final bosses.
After defeating
Luciola
, I continued to go up the tower.
Then, after going up to the 4th floor, I expected to encounter
Renne
. Instead, after heading towards the boss room, Estelle and the others just
walk to the terminal and unlock the elevator to the next floor. No sign of Renne at all.
I'm now at
Loewe

What's going on here?

Unless I'm forgetting something it seems like it bugged out. Do you have a recent save you can reload from?

Edit: It seems to be a common bug. https://steamcommunity.com/app/251290/discussions/0/485623406937060812/ The solution posted here might work.

Jiraiza

Did we already talk about the recent picture of Alisa from CS3? I don't think we can post magazine scans, but there's an image on /m/ for those who lurk there.

She's quite pretty. Rocking a pretty lewd outfit with that zipper, though.

As I mentioned in the OT I finally beat SC. Besides my thoughts in the thread, I wanted know if
anyone else got Hugo Fact vibes from Weismann in the first final boss phase? Those four companion robots/puppets reminded me of the Eyes of Fact, especially with Weismanns staff to complete the image

Also, it's cute and all that Joshua left Loewe's sword as a tribute to Karin in the post-credits, but wouldn't having a special weapon like that with the bracers or royal army be useful with the trials that the continent will be facing soon?

Top Bottom