• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Blade 2 |OT| Another Wind Blows Through A Heated Age

AmyS

Would be nice to know if this port is based on the MVS / AES version rather than the Neo CD version where animation and background quality was reduced.

yella

I have Yella on my friendlist, and I will invite him for some matches later today (hopefully), and will report it later. We finished Rocketbirds on coop, so we know about bad netcode, lol.

Lol so true. It was fun, tho. Can't wait to get home to play this... just 3 more hours to go!

AmyS

It's definitely a port of the Arcade (AES/MVS) release.

Great.

Because:

NG:
lb2aes.gif

NGCD:
lb2cd.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165136449&postcount=55

Amedo310

cj_iwakura

It really bugs me that SNK may have some of the best stories in their fighters, but their English translation butchers it.
If you want to keep Engrish fine, but add an option for actual proper good English.
If the translation is really unchanged, I'm not buying it anytime soon.

ScOULaris

So just because it's a SNK port done by Code Mystics it's trash? What's your point?
Kof 98 and 2002 for Steam are great ports. Also Super Star Wars PS4.

"Trash" would be a bit too harsh, but Code Mystics ports (especially of SNK games) are always extremely barebones. Hell, sometimes they're not even ports at all, just emulations running within the emulator that Code Mystics built.

AmyS

I so appreciate GAF, you guys that replied (and also those that noted the bugs) saved me $13.49.

Welp, back to....

jkzqlTz.jpg
oBw9vjC.png

Syril

It really bugs me that SNK may have some of the best stories in their fighters, but their English translation butchers it.
If you want to keep Engrish fine, but add an option for actual proper good English.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of KOF's SNKglish, but it was really something else seeing KOF XIII where all the dialogue was actually translated properly for once. Last Blade was some of the worst SNKglish too, not bad enough to be a completely comical trainwreck like Samurai Shodown always was, but not good enough to have any kind of flavor whatsoever.

sibarraz

Banned
For me this is the only fighting game that could be classified as ART

If this game is based on the neo geo cd version, does include the arranged soundtracks?

Gitaroo

we should compile a list of things that required to update

-missing graphcial effects like heat haze in the burning stage.
-arrange sound track missing (I think someone mention it earlier)
-sharp graphic filter (personally prefer at least 2xsal over bilinrear filter and scan line)
-glitches and other performance issue.

we should compile a list of things that required to update

-missing graphcial effects like heat haze in the burning stage.
-arrange sound track missing (I think someone mention it earlier)
-sharp graphic filter (personally prefer at least 2xsal over bilinrear filter and scan line)
-glitches and other performance issue.
Good list. I'm expecting some glitches to get fixed, but we can only hope for the rest

Edit: I'd throw in remap Continue button. It's mapped to the TouchPad but some sticks (like mine) don't have it.

Top Bottom