• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Blade 2 |OT| Another Wind Blows Through A Heated Age

Been playing on the Vita and messing with Training mode but is this a bug?

Hibiki's HCF throw just goes through opponent in Training but works perfectly during a match.

Played this game for a couple of rounds yesterday. Graphics look gorgeous.

Any advice for a noob?

Game seemed really slow to me, and I couldn't whip out a decent combo if my life depended on it. .

The technical problems are one thing, but frankly I remember liking this game more back in the day. In my memories the animations were closer MotW and the gameplay a bit more fluid. Maybe I just need more time, but I'm not really feeling this so far...though it's not like I have a lot of better options on Vita.

Really hoping they give us MotW & KoF 98 UM... though in a better state.

Amedo310

I find it hilarious that the game still lags on certain stages and codes have to be entered for ex mode and the secret characters. Even for online. This is just a emulation to me at this point. No improvements were done at all. I honestly like the ps2 version even if it might be the worst port made. It runs faster than this one for sure.

Syril

Played this game for a couple of rounds yesterday. Graphics look gorgeous.

Any advice for a noob?

Game seemed really slow to me, and I couldn't whip out a decent combo if my life depended on it. .
Combo ability depends on if you picked power or speed. Speed reduces the damage of individual attacks but enhances your ability to chain them together.

Piccoro

I find it hilarious that the game still lags on certain stages and codes have to be entered for ex mode and the secret characters. Even for online. This is just a emulation to me at this point. No improvements were done at all. I honestly like the ps2 version even if it might be the worst port made. It runs faster than this one for sure.
I think that if you pause while online you have access to the EX mode and extra characters.

ScOULaris

All Code Mystics ports are little more than hacked together emulations.

Amedo310

All Code Mystics ports are little more than hacked together emulations.

Pretty much. I remember when CM did not try to patch the run then attack giltch in steam Kof 02um. The same giltch in all other version of this game.They were told to just copy the game exactly from the Xbox version. I'm surprised people were even expecting a revamped game with improved translation.

-------------

Just a reminder. The net play is input delay.
CM kinda gave a reason for it here:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=725294005513121792&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Pretty much. I remember when CM did not try to patch the run then attack giltch in steam Kof 02um. The same giltch in all other version of this game.They were told to just copy the game exactly from the Xbox version. I'm surprised people were even expecting a revamped game with improved translation.

Because this was like the lone Vita announcement at PSX, it's reasonable to think it was going to be something noteworthy.

Amedo310

Because this was like the lone Vita announcement at PSX, it's reasonable to think it was going to be something noteworthy.

Not really... OK... maybe. After SNK made ngbc HD on 360, but that was before the CM stuff. Anything with CM should be considered emulation or a port to another console.

Piccoro

I'm loving this game, with it's flaws and all. Been practicing combos yesterday, all day.

Game still rocks after all these years.

zerowhitemonkey

Neo Member
The game is good, as it should, but it's difficult to forgive problems like the continue function assigned to touchpad, the missing heat haze, micro slowdowns, the way the game notifies unlocked content....c'mon, this 200mb game was announced long time ago, seems that nobody has tested it before its release.

How do you continue? I was at the the continue screen and every button I pressed made the counter go down quicker and hitting options only paused the game.

AmyS

So it's been a few days since Code Mystics said they're looking into the problems.

Any updates on that, or still too soon?

Edit: I did see this, regarding MVS or NeoCD - https://twitter.com/CodeMystics/with_replies

QnE9v3l.jpg

SkylineRKR

Wish I hadn't bought this.

I own an AES, but never have it hooked up anymore. This was one of the games I loved most. But this port is bad. The lack of NG bootup screen aka the best ever is sad, but thats not the worst offender. The gameplay has input lag, its stiff. Its smoother on NG. The screen options are bare bones. The gallery notification forcing you into a pause screen is a disgrace, what kind of game does that anyway? The lack of a touchpad button on Hori commander is hilarious (I cannot continue, lolz). Juzoh stage seems to run worse than the original.

I don't want Garou to be released in this state. Then I'd say fuck it.

Elitist? Not at all. The M2 NG ports on PS3 were fucking flawless. With the dip switches unlocked and choice between MVS and AES even better than the originals perhaps.

Wish I hadn't bought this.

I own an AES, but never have it hooked up anymore. This was one of the games I loved most. But this port is bad. The lack of NG bootup screen aka the best ever is sad, but thats not the worst offender. The gameplay has input lag, its stiff. Its smoother on NG. The screen options are bare bones. The gallery notification forcing you into a pause screen is a disgrace, what kind of game does that anyway? The lack of a touchpad button on Hori commander is hilarious (I cannot continue, lolz). Juzoh stage seems to run worse than the original.

I don't want Garou to be released in this state. Then I'd say fuck it.

Elitist? Not at all. The M2 NG ports on PS3 were fucking flawless. With the dip switches unlocked and choice between MVS and AES even better than the originals perhaps.
I think the input delay was intentional to keep the offline and online delay consistent. Street Fighter V does this as well

thundr51

Been playing on the Vita and messing with Training mode but is this a bug?

Hibiki's HCF throw just goes through opponent in Training but works perfectly during a match.

Don't know if anyone answered but it's not a bug, it's a counter, If her hand is hit the opponent is thrown.

Has anyone figured out how to transfer via cross save from ps4 to psvita properly? I uploaded a save to the cloud from my ps4 but my vita wont recognize it in any capacity on neither the plus symbol on the game page nor content manager

Piccoro

Has anyone figured out how to transfer via cross save from ps4 to psvita properly? I uploaded a save to the cloud from my ps4 but my vita wont recognize it in any capacity on neither the plus symbol on the game page nor content manager

I'm wondering about this myself. Was the cross save feature false info?

SMK

I think it does it automatically. Also, cross save is never done through playstation plus.

I think it does it automatically. Also, cross save is never done through playstation plus.

I thought so too but I made a massive amount of progression ps4 a day prior. Went to my vita, save hadn't transferred, maybe a direct link would work but again content manager or ps plus apparently isn't the proper method.

Gamespawn

So, did anyone notice there's a new update?

Fixed freeze in burn stage
Fixed ripple effect in burning stage
Added support for legacy controllers
Gallery unlocks don't happen till game over

Those are the main fixes.

Godsent and pretty fast fixes. Now the only thing I would love them to add is the neogeo CD Arranged tracks then the port will be definitively the best version. DO IT CODE MYSTICS!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Yup, flame effect is back!

Shinriji

Yup, flame effect is back!

Not only that, if you disable the "flicker filter" option, the frame ghosting is gone. Too bad they didn't fix the "How to play" and the title screen.

Vita still is the best port (less input lag, less slowdown, better online), but now the port is very good on both consoles.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I totally forgot this was coming out. Good time to purchase, reading about the update fixing some issues. This, SFV, and KoF XIV coming soon. Good times.

Piccoro

Oh wow, totally missed this. Gonna try the new patch tonight! :D

And they even added legacy controller support? :O Wow!

Is there a patch for the Vita version as well? I don't see the heat effect on the Vita version. The Vita version is also a lot quieter on my TV than the PS4 version for whatever reason (I'm playing it on a PSTV).

EDIT: There is a patch for the Vita version; my PSTV just didn't download it for some reason. The sound issue was also a problem on my end.

ScOULaris

So it sounds like most of the egregious issues have been fixed by patches since release, but how is the online play? Is it active with decent netcode? That will determine whether or not I bite on this port.

Spy

So it sounds like most of the egregious issues have been fixed by patches since release, but how is the online play? Is it active with decent netcode? That will determine whether or not I bite on this port.
I played against someone from Japan (I live in California) and it was a pretty solid experience.

Whompa02

Amazing game. Wish SNK would hire Shinkiro to do some new promo art for it :(

Fingers crossed that this sells well enough to merit some sequel or something

5taquitos

Well Garou is getting the same treatment next, and there's a potential sequel for that on the line.

Shinkiro actually didn't do much work on the Last Blade games, I think he did the cover for LB1 (unmistakable style) but an artist named TONKO is responsible for all the gorgeous art in both LB1/2 and even Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Her stuff is incredible. She did do some new art, granted chibi style for a tourney in Japan recently promoting the game.

Top Bottom