• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Left Behind DLC new teaser video, preview and price revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Neil Druckmann said on twitter the new teaser video is the opening of the DLC so be warned if you don't wanna see how it begins.

In this guy i trust.

Screen-shot-2012-03-12-at-4.43.59-PM.png
So good. Him and that other guy Bruce Straley.

Kinyou

But what do people want? If they release DLC a month or two after the game then they're accused of holding back content from the original release to try to get extra money. This is clearly a case where the developer is actually building the content after the release and there's no way that it could've ever been on the disc.
True. But I wonder if it even makes even sense to produce a DLC like this at all. It's kind of weird to jump back into a game's universe 6-8 months later and then to have it end so quickly again. Bioshock Infinite has the same problem.

But maybe I'm also doing them injustice and the whole thing is going to be bigger than I think.

Didn't they confirm playable Ellie when they first announced this?

Yeah, Arne confirmed that she's the player character throughout the entire DLC

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/14/uncharted-on-ps4-the-last-of-us-left-behind-dlc-revealed/

McDutch

Banned
I absolutely loved The Last of Us, but i have zero interest in this DLC.
I might watch a playthrough on Youtube, but i prefer to leave TLOU alone as it is.

15 is very expensive.

Really? My reaction to $15 dollars was excitement. They could charge way more than that for DLC and millions of people would still download it. I'm satisfied with this realistic price for what is more than likely going to be an awesome add on.

Estellise

I've replayed The Last of Us probably 7 times already. I'll buy anything new at this point. And the content looks worth paying for. Ellie is my favorite character and I'd love to experience her back story.

what's the length expectation? I'm thinking the size of 1 season in TLoU? seems fair, $60 for 4 seasons, so the $15 dlc you get the size of 1 season.

Error404

Banned
You know I don't really know if I care to play prequel content. The story was about moving forward, and I feel like I know all there is I need to know about Ellie. I would much rather have had something that was a side story regarding Joel's brother after Joel had finished passing through.

Oh well I still have faith in the team and I'll play it regardless.
that's the point. you may think you know everything about her but really you don't

Vire

Journey was fifteen, very short and ended up being my GOTY in 2012

I'm more concerned about quality of experience than price. Naughty Dog has their work seriously cut out for them in following up one of the most heralded games this generation.

I don't envy their position.

BFIB

Day One!

I really hope we also get another DLC showing the downfall of society, right after the outbreak.

what's the length expectation? I'm thinking the size of 1 season in TLoU? seems fair, $60 for 4 seasons, so the $15 dlc you get the size of 1 season.

I didn't time it and maybe it's just the way it feels but the seasons really didn't feel like they were equally as long. The first season felt way longer than any of the others, and some felt really short.

Andrew.

Banned
Hey hey already a whiney shitstorm of "15 bucks is too much for me" crap. Big surprise there.

JUST GIVE ME THE RELEASE DATE!

McDutch

Banned
If this DLC is after the comic books and somehow retcons what happens there, the storyline takes a blow right into the credibility and i'm not sure if i like it

/unfounded pre DLC speculation

Top Bottom