• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Ship [OT]: Sundays 9:00pm on TNT: Russian BF4 Heli Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did they? I mean it's "out there" anyway so someone aired it.

It's kind of amazing how the show is all about geopolitics now.

Joni

It is good they postponed it, considering the events. I blame Canada for actually airing, it is always Canada.
It was literally a night club shooting
. I do have to say
it is a good start for the season because the Asian conflict has a lot of potential. But damn, that was a brutal episode. Doctor girl is just dead, hacker girl gets blown up.

Faenix1

It is good they postponed it, considering the events. I blame Canada for actually airing, it is always Canada.
It was literally a night club shooting
. I do have to say
it is a good start for the season because the Asian conflict has a lot of potential. But damn, that was a brutal episode. Doctor girl is just dead, hacker girl gets blown up.

Some place in Canada aired it? Who?

I know for sure Space didn't, instead I got some Sleeping BEauty film.

Joni

Some place in Canada aired it? Who?

I know for sure Space didn't, instead I got some Sleeping BEauty film.

I always blame Canada. They always tend to air early. It in any case aired somewhere as else I could haven't found the spoilers.

sarcastor

holy shit. this show is like game of thrones minus the dragons and nudity. and budget. and acting.

okay its nothing like game of thrones except for
the killing of major characters
. holy shit.

Unbelievable that they decided to kill off Dr. Scott just like that. She was the main character. Did the actress want to quit the show or got another role or something?

Geist-

I like this show, but Chandler continues to be the worst part. They even point out in the show how dumb it is that he always has to put himself into harms way despite being the only senior leadership they have left.

The actor doesn't make it any better either.

Enosh

yeah what happened to Tex? is he just gone for the start or is he gone for good from the show?

stealth edit: fuck imdb list him as 2014-2015 so he's gone it seems -.-

Joni

yeah what happened to Tex? is he just gone for the start or is he gone for good from the show?

Oh shit, I hadn't noticed he was gone. I honestly hope they're fucking with us, Episode 5 or 6 should reveal the glorious return of Dr Scott and Tex as a back-up plan.

RS4-

fuck, was trying to remember who was missing. He left to look for his family right?

Enosh

"mr dudebro" was rather non specific description for a character on this show, but given that the seal and wolfman are still there tex was the only one left :p

and yeah, last we saw he reunited with his daughter, I mean imdb isn't the word of god he might still show up at some point

Joni

It is good to see the Chinese president, giving him a bit of character, showing that he is pragmatic.

I like this show, but Chandler continues to be the worst part. They even point out in the show how dumb it is that he always has to put himself into harms way despite being the only senior leadership they have left.

The actor doesn't make it any better either.

Nah I love Chandler.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's funny, the assassination of the doctor last season really was just a throwaway cliffhanger that they had no idea how to resolve. So they just completely ignore that entire plotline of a potential sedition in America.

Although I guess it'd be funny if the reporter was tied directly to the people who ordered the assassination.

It's funny, the assassination of the doctor last season really was just a throwaway cliffhanger that they had no idea how to resolve. So they just completely ignore that entire plotline of a potential sedition in America.

I was thinking about that too! I mean they just completely forgot about that part, especially the assassin which said sic semper tyrannis.

Sober

Although I guess it'd be funny if the reporter was tied directly to the people who ordered the assassination.
It's funny the show is kinda 2 for 2 with writing themselves a cliffhanger and then writing themselves immediately out of it because they realized it was a bad idea to begin with but it stuck.

Joni

TVLine has some non-information info on Tex

Question: Where is “my man” Tex this year on The Last Ship? —Mathew
Ausiello: TNT is mum on John Pyper-Ferguson possibly resurfacing in Season 3, but Eric Dane won’t rule out an in-the-clutch encore. “Tex is like a wart. He goes away, he comes back,” the series lead told Matt Mitovich. Going all-in with the metaphor, Dane continued: “‘That wart is so ugly I want to hide my hand!’ But when it’s Halloween and you really need it to spook somebody, it’s back on your hand.”

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's fine popcorn entertainment, but nothing more than that. Then again, the only competition it has is Preacher right now.

I think the funnier thing is that this anime I saw from last season and the Last Ship has basically shared all the "ship in peril" storylines possible. Even the way they dealt with mines was similar.

Joni

Those poor redshirts. Who saw that coming?
"Please tell the kids their" oh gasp he is a father ow sad "uncle" ....

Ambient80

I'm a terrible OP. Once things calm down after my board exam I'll catch up update the OP if people would like that? Or should I keep it the same since updating it may involve spoilers?

Sober

It's fine popcorn entertainment, but nothing more than that. Then again, the only competition it has is Preacher right now.

I think the funnier thing is that this anime I saw from last season and the Last Ship has basically shared all the "ship in peril" storylines possible. Even the way they dealt with mines was similar.
Well it's not gonna win awards or critics over but it does action and tension way better than anyone expects it to be, if we're being honest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well it's not gonna win awards or critics over but it does action and tension way better than anyone expects it to be, if we're being honest.
It's delicious, delicious cheese. The fact that they made China a bad guy and just kill hundreds of Chinese soldiers is the best thing ever considering Hollywood is so afraid of pissing off China these days. It really feels like something straight out of the 80s or early 90s.

Catdaddy

Yep, like the premise and so far this season is entertaining. My wife and I were talking and paying bills during the show last night and didn't miss a thing.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
That was a rad episode. It won't fill the gaping hole left by Strike-back, but it was fairly cool nonetheless.

More actiony cheese pls.

Edit: Bridget Regan's fatigues were so hilariously tight they were probably uncomfortable AF during shooting.

Enosh

Those poor redshirts. Who saw that coming?
"Please tell the kids their" oh gasp he is a father ow sad "uncle" ....
I saw the red shirts coming but didn't expect the hispanic guy (cruz right?) to die

anyway so did the Chinese president lie? he gave them the wrong info, but maybe he himself didn't know but then his men showed up at the island, did they track them or did they know from the start?

also as soon as I saw that machete on wolfman I knew there is going to be a knife fight :p

Sober

Edit: Bridget Regan's fatigues were so hilariously tight they were probably uncomfortable AF during shooting.
Gotta wonder how the hell she put up with wearing that insane corset getup in Legend of the Seeker. Unf.

Also yeah I assume they shot some of this season in Australia or in the Pacific somewhere, or they hide it really well.

Joni

What? he's been a frontline dude the entire show.

He didn't really get much story though and he isn't that important in the ranking. Show has had 14 regulars, then you have the engineer lady as the most noticeable recurring character, the doc, the Israeli girl and the black cook who has also disappeared like Tex. That is not counting the president or the bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom