• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for TNT and Michael Bay's The Last Ship (BOOM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Actual tagline: BOOM.

Website. BOOM.

When a global pandemic wipes out eighty percent of the planet's population, the crew of a lone naval destroyer must find a way to pull humanity from the brink of extinction. The Last Ship is coming to TNT on Sunday, June 22nd at 9/8c.

It looks dull as hell, but production values seem high and Rhona Mitra is in this. That said, I'll be shocked if she survives through the season and the whole thing is giving me some really ugly Last Resort vibes.

BOOM

SJRB

Gold Member
Tom Clancy's The Division, anyone?

But this looks awful like those SciFi Channel shows. Low budget, b-tier actors.

DieH@rd

Banned
Tom Clancy's The Division, anyone?

Its a remake of a book of a same name, but instead of world going up in flames of nuclear war, they switched it with a deadly virus.

Still, I still think the show has promise. I will watch first few eps for sure. Its summer. Have to watch something. :)

I think it would be cool as a mini series, but as a full series? I'm not sure.

Did last resort get to have an actual ending at the end of its run? Or did was it an abrupt/awful end?

RPGCrazied

Say what you will about Bay, but he sure does love his explosions. Lets hope the show doesn't eat all of its budget 3 episodes in.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Say what you will about Bay, but he sure does love his explosions. Lets hope the show doesn't eat all of its budget 3 episodes in.

how many we talking so far? if it's more than 3 BIG ones I'll check it out.

Lol damn that twist at the end, I know its predictable but still. This is what Last Resort should of been. Good Plot for the most part.

Ambient80

Lol damn that twist at the end, I know its predictable but still. This is what Last Resort should of been. Good Plot for the most part.

Setting up a proper line of possible plot lines. I'm actually sort of impressed considering what I was expecting. Many possibilities, indeed.

I can set up an OT if no one else is. I'll at least finish out the season, see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom