• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? | 2015 + A Look at the New Summer Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Old:

Penny Dreadful
Halt & Catch Fire
Hannibal
Power
Orange is the New Black
Tyrant
True Detective
Rectify
Ray Donovan
Masters of Sex
The Strain
Married
BoJack Horseman
Hell on Wheels
Rick and Morty
Strike Back
Survivor's Remorse
Almost Royal
Da Vinci's Demons
Hemlock Grove
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
The Leftovers
You're the Worst

New:

Grace and Frankie
Sense8
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Making of The Mob: New York
Deutschland 83
Ballers
The Brink
Humans
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll
Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
Show Me a Hero
Blunt Talk
Fear the Walking Dead
Indian Summers
London Spy
Narcos
The Last Kingdom

Maybe:

Bessie
Texas Rising
Nightingale
UnReal
Another Period
What Happened, Miss Simone?
Tut
Public Morals

Making threads for: Masters of Sex, Hell on Wheels, and Da Vinci's Demons.

Summer isn't as barren as I'd initially thought...!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just learned of this.

7 Days in Hell (trailer) will air on HBO on Saturday, July 11th.

It's a 43 minute mockumentary in the style of the 30 for 30 docs, with Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington as two tennis stars who played an insane tennis match that lasted 7 days. It played at SXSW, sounds like it's an amusing enough project.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just learned of this.

7 Days in Hell (trailer) will air on HBO on Saturday, July 11th.

It's a 43 minute mockumentary in the style of the 30 for 30 docs, with Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington as two tennis stars who played an insane tennis match that lasted 7 days. It played at SXSW, sounds like it's an amusing enough project.

Sounds interesting! Thanks for the heads up!

Finally put together my (surprisingly short) list.

New
Sense8
Younger
Ballers
Humans

Returning
Devious Maids
Teen Wolf
Faking It
Pretty Little Liars
Hollywood Game Night
Penny Dreadful (DVR)
Game of Thrones

Maybe

Club de Cuervos
Fear The Walking Dead
London Spy
The Last Kingdom
The Astronaut Wives Club

Vert boil

So the Proof pilot is up on the TNT site,

So Edi Gathegi bailed on Justified only to appear in this shitty life after death show on TNT starring Jennifer Beals, eh.

guard55krk.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Deutschland 83 - SundanceTV - 11/10c

'Deutschland 83' is a gripping coming-of-age story set against the real culture wars and political events of Germany in the 1980s. The drama follows Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) as the 24 year-old East Germany native is pulled from the world as he knows it and sent to the West as an undercover spy for the Stasi foreign service. Hiding in plain sight in the West German army, he must gather the secrets of NATO military strategy. Everything is new, nothing is quite what it seems and everyone he encounters is harboring secrets, both political and personal.

Wiktor

Killjoys was fun. Sympathetic leads, nice world full of possibilities and badass big bad from lead girls' past. Damn nice premiere, especially for this type of a show.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Returning:

True Detective
Penny Dreadful
Rectify
Hannibal

New:

Mr. Robot (superb pilot, everyone should watch this show)
Wayward Pines
Narcos
Sense8

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Mr.Robot the one with the great pilot?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As part of the continuing "there's too much damn tv on" saga, has anyone watched Catastrophe on Amazon yet? It received great reviews, but I haven't heard anything about it here on GAF. I'm curious what people think of it. It's only 6 x 25min episodes, so I'll probably take the plunge this week.

Amazon link with the trailer and whatnot.

I've been hearing good things too but I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. I might give it a shot once I finish up Grace and Frankie.

TheOddOne

As part of the continuing "there's too much damn tv on" saga, has anyone watched Catastrophe on Amazon yet? It received great reviews, but I haven't heard anything about it here on GAF. I'm curious what people think of it. It's only 6 x 25min episodes, so I'll probably take the plunge this week.

Amazon link with the trailer and whatnot.
Yeah, it has been getting great reviews.

Still, I'm flushed with too many shows right now.

I've been hearing good things too but I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet. I might give it a shot once I finish up Grace and Frankie.

Yeah, it has been getting great reviews.

Still, I'm flushed with too many shows right now.
I made a thread for it. I watched the first two episodes last night - very funny and well worth giving a try. It's super short, so it's not a big commitment.

Aquarius ended up being a bore, so I stopped watching it.

I'm just watching True Detective Season 2 and Wayward Pines right now, although I would like to get into America's Got Talent again.

That said, Under the Dome returns this week and will be good for a laugh. Man, they fucked that great story up.

I don't have a streaming service, so I can't watch Orange is the New Black right now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Another Period was fun. It feels a lot like other recent parody shows like Childrens Hospital, Burning Love, NTSF:SD:SUV, etc., in part because it involves a lot of the same supporting comedians that float between all of these shows, but also the wacky, irreverent tone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another Period was fun. It feels a lot like other recent parody shows like Childrens Hospital, Burning Love, NTSF:SD:SUV, etc., in part because it involves a lot of the same supporting comedians that float between all of these shows, but also the wacky, irreverent tone.

Nice! I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Kvik

I need a distilled list of must-watch sci-fi shows. So far I have the following in my to watch list:

Defiance
Dark Matter
Killjoys
Humans

What other shows do you guys recommend? I tried watching Sense8 E01 for 15 minutes and it bored me to tears.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I need a distilled list of must-watch sci-fi shows. So far I have the following in my to watch list:

Defiance
Dark Matter
Killjoys
Humans

What other shows do you guys recommend? I tried watching Sense8 E01 for 15 minutes and it bored me to tears.

Rick and Morty!

Defiance
Dark Matter
Killjoys
Humans

The 100 is very good. First 3-5 episodes of season 1 are pretty rough, but then it's awesome.
Mr. Robot. Already renewed for S2. KIlljoys is nice too and it's on SyFy, which means it will get S2.
Actually, do you watch The 100? If not, you should :)

I'm enjoying the whispers. An interesting enough premise, though perhaps it is the lack of summer serials for me that are skewing things. Apparently the decision for renewal will be this week, hoping it won't be yet another sci fi one season flame out.

Wiktor

The 100 is very good. First 3-5 episodes of season 1 are pretty rough, but then it's awesome.

Actually, do you watch The 100? If not, you should :)

Oh..you haven't been to S2 OT? :) The last post is me professing my love all over this show and kicking myself I didn't pick it up earlier.
Yeah, it's stunning. Best thing on CW and one of the best shows on TV right now, period.

I'm enjoying the whispers. An interesting enough premise, though perhaps it is the lack of summer serials for me that are skewing things. Apparently the decision for renewal will be this week, hoping it won't be yet another sci fi one season flame out.

Plot made it seemed like it would be hard to fit everything they wanna do in one season, imo. I wonder if any of the kids would return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom