• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we do not hype this one to death.

has Mistwalker really proven itself yet to you guys? All the hype is from Final Fanasy's creator (or for me the creator and director of RAD RACER :p {it had a 3D mode!!!})

and the name kicks ass fuck you haters

The Last Story

thats fucking ace!

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I think the name is pretty neat. Or at least, I like it more than its counterpart.
The logo helps compliment that, too.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Surgeon Rocket said:
I think the name is pretty neat. Or at least, I like it more than its counterpart.
The logo helps compliment that, too.

I initially thought Lost Odyssey was called Last Odyssey and thought that was the penultimate middle finger. Then I bothered reading the real name and immediately thought how much cooler my version would have been. All in all, I think I deserve a paycheck from Mist Walker for thinking of the idea first. :D

In all seriousness though, more details would be nice because we can't keep gushing over the title and logo for the next few months til E3, right?

rainer516 said:
I initially thought Lost Odyssey was called Last Odyssey and thought that was the penultimate middle finger. Then I bothered reading the real name and immediately thought how much cooler my version would have been. All in all, I think I deserve a paycheck from Mist Walker for thinking of the idea first. :D

In all seriousness though, more details would be nice because we can't keep gushing over the title and logo for the next few months til E3, right?

Will be fully revealed in March. Surely we can circle jerk over a title and logo for a month.

harSon

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:

has Mistwalker really proven itself yet to you guys? All the hype is from Final Fanasy's creator (or for me the creator and director of RAD RACER :p {it had a 3D mode!!!})

The Last Story

thats fucking ace!

They've proven themselves to me, but not in terms of genre innovation. From what I've played, they're at their best when refining a proven formula, I'm not entirely convinced of Sakaguchi's rhetoric thus far.

I'll certainly be there on day one though, I've been meaning to purchase a Wii since it dropped in price anyways.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I really hope things turn around for Mistwalker. It sucks that their 2 biggest games are limited to the 360 and I hope this game is a huge hit.

LaneDS

Smiles and Cries said:

The Last Story

thats fucking ace!

I like the name. Or I will, until they release The Last Story 2.

Poyunch

AndriaSang said:
Sakaguchi's daughter is hot!

Or am I thinking of Kutaragi's daughter?
2m6n4pf.jpg

WillyFive

Smiles and Cries said:

The Last Story

thats fucking ace!

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is from the same guys. Something like that is what we can expect from them.

You know if i was announcing something with a name like that, i'd at least show enough info for people to get excited about the actual product.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NinjaFusion said:
You know if i was announcing something with a name like that, i'd at least show enough info for people to get excited about the actual product.

The name, title, platform, company involved are more than enough to get people excited.

The art, music, and release period is just gravy!

apujanata

duckroll said:
I think that might make you a pedo... :(

duckroll said:
She's probably 16.

Is 16 considered a children ?

Wikipedia said:
According to the World Health Organization, 16 and 17-year-old adolescents qualify if they have a persistent or predominant sexual preference for prepubescent children at least five years younger than them.[4] According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), pedophilia is specified as a form of paraphilia in which a person either has acted on intense sexual urges towards children, or experiences recurrent sexual urges towards and fantasies about children.

Based on Wiki, it seems that children's definition was limited at 11-12, not 16.

I like Blue Dragon a lot, and I also like Lost Odyssey. The only problem is I don't have X360, so I only played them at my friend's house. Since I have Wii, I can play Last Story at my own house, so I am excited for this one :D

Sirius

Knowing Sakaguchi, he'd be relying on his vast repertoire to spread the initial wave of hype... before divulging more about the title, bit by bit.

Seriously though, if he's considering this as his actual last project, he should have named it: "The Last Story, we mean it this time"

jay

Smiles and Cries said:
All the hype is from Final Fanasy's creator (or for me the creator and director of RAD RACER :p {it had a 3D mode!!!})

Off topic, but it's a bit sad that early Square ripped off not one but two Suzuki games with Rad Racer and World Runner.

wrowa

duckroll said:
She's probably 16.
Pff, and you want Sakaguchi to get out of business. Don't you care about his poor daughter? She's probably happy for every minute he isn't at home!

jay said:
Off topic, but it's a bit sad that early Square ripped off not one but two Suzuki games with Rad Racer and World Runner.

Eh... I never really minded that fact. I love Rad Racer for what it is and respect it even though it's a rip-off, the music and gameplay stand alone enough for me to create a unique enough experience for me to think so. It was a learning process for Square honestly, it was actually a very smart thing to do back in those days - think of Miyamoto and the parallels between Devil World and Pacman, again a learning experience :lol

On the other hand, nothing can touch Space Harrier so fuck you 3-D World Runner!

duckroll

Sakaguchi put up a new blog entry today. He mentions corresponding with a Mr. M in the development staff over email about various aspects of the game as it reaches the final stages of development. Way back in August 2009, he had another entry where he posted a photo of Nobuo Uematsu and Takuya Matsumoto (from Artoon) in a project meeting.

Maybe The Last Story is being developed by Artoon after all. Blue Dragon was released in 2006 and Away was released in 2008, so by then Mistwalker had no projects announced with Artoon anyway. For those wondering, Takuya Matsumoto directed Blue Dragon, but he did not work on Away.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
duckroll said:
Sakaguchi put up a new blog entry today. He mentions corresponding with a Mr. M in the development staff over email about various aspects of the game as it reaches the final stages of development. Way back in August 2009, he had another entry where he posted a photo of Nobuo Uematsu and Takuya Matsumoto (from Artoon) in a project meeting.

Maybe The Last Story is being developed by Artoon after all. Blue Dragon was released in 2006 and Away was released in 2008, so by then Mistwalker had no projects announced with Artoon anyway. For those wondering, Takuya Matsumoto directed Blue Dragon, but he did not work on Away.

I'm happy to hear that. Despite the haters, I loved Blue Dragon more than Lost Odyssey. ^^

jay said:
If it's any consolation, early Square was a flop and would have gone out of business had they not discovered their niche when Final Fantasy took off like nothing else.

But damn I want to play Rad Racer and 3D World Runner with the actual Family Computer 3D System - red and blue glasses just don't cut it for me.
RIMG0203.jpg

heringer

duckroll said:

Or maybe the Mr. M guy is Matsuno.

Yeah, a man can dream. :lol

So the game is almost complete? Fucking hell, hope Mistwalker doesnt pull another "and its released next month!!" trick, which has worked SO WELL in the past.

And yeah duckroll, Artoon always seemed the logical choice with their Wii experience and the fact they hadnt worked together since Blue Dragon which was aaaaages ago.

ethelred

duckroll said:

That would be very cool if it turns out to be correct speculation. I'm sure most people would rather have a super-serious spiritual sequel to Lost Odyssey, but in that game the dungeons were so poor and the battle system so (comparatively) poor that I'd be happier with something along the lines of Blue Dragon.

Although, I guess since this isn't likely to have a (really well implemented) turn-based battle system, all bets are off anyway. Soooooo... I'm back to just wanting more/any information about the game. :/

SecretBonusPoint said:
And yeah duckroll, Artoon always seemed the logical choice with their Wii experience and the fact they hadnt worked together since Blue Dragon which was aaaaages ago.

duckroll said:

Selective reading? Not that I can blame you in this case! :lol

sorry, my 'together' was referring to Matsumoto and the Gooch working together.

If the game is almost complete, I really cant understand announcing and showing something without even a screen to completely underwhelm rather than shock? This being Nintendo published as well explains no TGS appearances but damn that is not going to help this game at all :lol

thefro

SecretBonusPoint said:

If the game is almost complete, I really cant understand announcing and showing something without even a screen to completely underwhelm rather than shock? This being Nintendo published as well explains no TGS appearances but damn that is not going to help this game at all :lol

Blog updates on the game start in March, so there will be plenty of time to get the hype train going. I doubt this game is coming out in Japan until September at the earliest, so that gives them 6 months at the least of hype.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
SecretBonusPoint said:

Aside from Nintendo just being illogical with much of their marketing these days, its possible they want to promote Xenoblade first since its coming out sooner in Japan.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really doubt Xenoblade will be out so soon when we have no video other than an old trailer and some picture with 2 giant robots as the only new media.

Kenka

Please come with some real info.

Each time this thread appears on the first page of the forum, I think there might be some actual new content. And I fucking click on it.

Every fucking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom