• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Bisnic said:
I really doubt Xenoblade will be out so soon when we have no video other than an old trailer and some picture with 2 giant robots as the only new media.

Its been dated for this Spring in Japan.

GCX

Bisnic said:
I really doubt Xenoblade will be out so soon when we have no video other than an old trailer and some picture with 2 giant robots as the only new media.
It's scheduled for a Spring 2010 release. There will probably be a media blowout soon and then the game will release in a month or two. Seems like a usual Nintendo pattern nowadays.

Kenka said:
Please come with some real info.

Each time this thread appears on the first page of the forum, I think there might be some actual new content. And I fucking click on it.

Every fucking time.
Be assured that someone makes a new thread when there is substantial material released.

Cygnus X-1

PounchEnvy said:
Seems the Gooch wants the game to "bloom like a flower". Not sure if this is meant to be a hint. If those images we've seen before of the secret Mistwalker game is for this game then it might since there seems to be open fields in those images.

More importantly the game's almost complete. :D Trailer soon plz!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/02/09/last_story_flower/

Oh boy. How many other games will be announced when they're finished? This really kill the suspence and prevent a decent spread of knowledge of the game.

krea

Banned
Bisnic said:

we have the e3 video!

heringer said:
Or maybe the Mr. M guy is Matsuno.

Yeah, a man can dream. :lol

Miyamoto makes sense being on a Nintendo platform, but I've got a feeling it's Matsuno, wasn't it being sad a long ways back that they were working together on something?

artilect

Banned
I'm excited to know more as this means I'll have turned my wii on for the first time since I beat No More Heroes. In all honesty though, I would have rather this been on an HD platform as I am not fond of the wii remote or motion control in general.

WillyFive

artilect said:
I'm excited to know more as this means I'll have turned my wii on for the first time since I beat No More Heroes. In all honesty though, I would have rather this been on an HD platform as I am not fond of the wii remote or motion control in general.

That really sucks for you, man. That's the future of the industry.

......since No More Heroes!?!

Vinci

Danish
Choppasmith said:
Miyamoto makes sense being on a Nintendo platform, but I've got a feeling it's Matsuno, wasn't it being sad a long ways back that they were working together on something?

Don't you fucking toy with my emotions like that. I get violent when Matsuno is mentioned.

artilect said:

okey-dokey, pokey

ILikeFeet

Banned
artilect said:

the fuck you haven't bought NMH2 yet? :mad:

artilect said:
Hey, guys, I don't play my Wii! Accept meeeeeeeeee

artilect said:

s33ptc.jpg

Mr. M, eh? Hmmm.

I'm hoping for Miyamoto or Matsumoto. I know everyone loves the guy, but my hype would definitely drop a bit if it ended up being Matsuno.

ILikeFeet

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Mr. M, eh? Hmmm.

I'm hoping for Miyamoto or Matsumoto. I know everyone loves the guy, but my hype would definitely drop a bit if it ended up being Matsuno.

I have a feeling it's Miyamoto. I hear he likes to argue with people who's games aren't his :p

thefro

The "Mr. M" blog entry is now in English on the Mistwalker site

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/en/column/index.html

I was emailing back and forth with Mr. M from the development team as we were almost chatting late last night (around 9:00pm Japan time). We started to talk about the moment of "stillness" in the battle near the final stage of the game. Starting from the growth of the magic and also about the U.I. operation. I'd like to incorporate an elaborated element, but I don't want to slow down the tempo of the game… We discussed it quite intensely. I’m not sure if this is the right word, but it was “fun”. I knew I really do like creating games as I thought to myself. By the way, Mr. M and I really do think as one. We can talk passionately about the game while having a cool parts somewhere, keeping a moderate sense of distance between each other. I'm thankful for his passion. Of course I bow my head deeply to all enthusiasm, technology and devotion of the development staff.
That’s bringing life within "The Last Story".

Agnates

Banned
It's likely not Miyamoto if it says "from the development team" then, unless it's made by some internal NoJ studio, which I doubt... Right?

Agnates

Banned
Wouldn't his hands be full with starting up Sora and Project Sora instead of working on The Last Story for God knows how long now, since it's close to the end of development?

Agnates said:
Wouldn't his hands be full with starting up Sora and Project Sora instead of working on The Last Story for God knows how long now, since it's close to the end of development?
his project sora game is due for 2010 in japan, that's all we've ever been told

however, since Gooch said mr. M is from the development side of the project we can rule out Sakurai and Matsuno

Agnates said:
Um, okay? Why's that a reply to what I said?
Last Story is also coming out this year, Sakurai's game could've been The Last Story

Agnates

Banned
Um, okay? Why's that a reply to what I said?

Edit: I don't think so, Project Sora is Sakurai's baby with the blessings of Nintendo, or so it seemed, while The Last Story is Sakaguchi's even older baby with funding from Nintendo. Also, I'd hope a full scale JRPG like The Last Story has been in full development longer than early 2009. So, he'd have to be involved in 2 big projects like that.

..pakbeka.. said:
his project sora game is due for 2010 in japan, that's all we've ever been told

however, since Gooch said mr. M is from the development side of the project we can rule out Sakurai and Matsuno

Last Story is also coming out this year, Sakurai's game could've been The Last Story

I really doubt it.
Wasn't Sakurai given his own team?

bdouble

Bisnic said:
Since when does ammount of info or media coorelate to a nintendo release date. Especially this gen. Wouldn't be surprised if it does come out soon

Azure J

[Nintex] said:
Matsuno
Mikami
Masahiro Sakurai
Miyamoto

My name starts with an M too, I'll be a great designer one day. :lol

Not if the A's start a revolution first. ;P

Also, it's great to hear that the game is progressing along smoothly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
diztrukted said:
the last story? umm final fantasy.

the last story.....final fantasy

i can't quite put my finger on it.....
Yeah, I know. Hey, should I get some Mountain Dew, or Sierra Mist?

duckroll said:
This is a very good point. Unlike Team Ninja on Other M and Monolithsoft on Xenoblade, Mistwalker is not actually a developer. This seems like a much bigger deal than ASH, so hopefully Nintendo has paired Mistwalker with a developer which isn't C-grade...
This would be awesome. Mistwalker + an above average dev = MAGIC

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Could somebody do me a favour and explain the importance and reasoning for excitement over this game?

I ask because I dont really know anything bout Mistwalker and generally dont enjoy JRPGs anyway. I'm not asking to be snide, but to get some reasoning. Are Mistwalker a major player in the JRPG scene? Any notable developers working on this?

What do we know beyond the name?

JaseMath

EatChildren said:
Could somebody do me a favour and explain the importance and reasoning for excitement over this game?

I ask because I dont really know anything bout Mistwalker and generally dont enjoy JRPGs anyway. I'm not asking to be snide, but to get some reasoning. Are Mistwalker a major player in the JRPG scene? Any notable developers working on this?

1. Mistwalker fucking rules.
2. The Wii has very, very few good RPGs.

EatChildren said:

It's a new game from the creator of Final Fantasy and apparently, his game he;s been gushing over for a few years.

Big One

Banned
EatChildren said:

Man God said:
I really hope these are joke posts...

EatChildren said:

As far as I know, it's an RPG developed by the creator of FF with at least some input from Nintendo themselves. I believe Nintendo owns the franchise, and if that's the case, it's the first traditional non-Mario spin-off RPG franchise from the company on consoles (which discounts Golden Sun, Pokemon and Fire Emblem).

EatChildren said:

You know how there's this series called Final Fantasy? Well I hear it's popular among the JRPG crowd. Aparently, the guy who started the Final Fantasy series left Square after having one of the biggest box office bombs ever. He went on to start his own company called Mistwalker.

If this is a joke post, ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom