• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 |OT| Class Reunion

Psxphile

dBGUDeH.gif

We in!

Chase17

Picked up Cold Steel 1 and finished chapter 1. Enjoying it a lot, and hope to get to this game sooner or later. Time to bail for spoilers though.

OT is up. Nice.

Just finished my RE4 playthrough. Now all that is left to do is the extra stuff then I can move on to my second CSI save file that I'm making for CSII. At this rate I should be able to get this in about 10 days or so?

Man that sounds soooo far away...
LMAO

Psxphile

do dlc costumes have to be installed from the first game to be used in the second?

I know they can be used in CS2, but I'm a little unclear on the method. Does CS2 read the CS1 DLC files and place them under the "DLC" tab in the menu (meaning you have to select it and "unlock" it in-game to use them) or do the actual costumes have to be present in your inventory when you make the clear save in CS1?

One more day, ladies and gentlement. ONE MORE DAY.

Tomorrow is going to be filled with constantly checking the Amazon checker :p

Pogonip

Neo Member
Anyone know what time this bad boy will get put on the PSN store? Is it right at midnight EST? PST? Early Tuesday morning?

I want to predownload it so I can dive right in after work tomorrow. So excited to see what happens after that nasty cliffhanger in CS1.

Erheller

Can't bring my PS3 to school with me, so I probably won't be able to play for a while.

I should unsub so the hype doesn't kill me.

Well, time to get back and finish off CS1 then. I put it down mid Chapter 4 back in spring, though I was enjoying it I was starting to burn out (around 35 hours), plus Dark Souls 3 and knowing the sequel was 'so far' away :p

Have fun guys!

Kvik

Amazon actually shipped my copy on time, for once. Of course I won't be able to play it tonight like everyone else, but I'm definitely on board the hype train.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone know what time this bad boy will get put on the PSN store? Is it right at midnight EST? PST? Early Tuesday morning?

I want to predownload it so I can dive right in after work tomorrow. So excited to see what happens after that nasty cliffhanger in CS1.

Probably sometime in the morning or afternoon tomorrow. I would love for it to be out at midnight, but I don't think it will happen. It's so soon now, excited to play and continue the story finally

Squire

Banned
At what time is the PSN typically updated? I want those DLC costumes.

NA store is notoriously inconsistent to the point of being infuriating. Stuff usually starts popping up around 2pm PST, but don't at all be surprised if it takes until 5-6 for the whole store to roll over with all the new releases up.

I'm so excited for this! I'm thinking I won't start it until I've finished Ace Attorney 6, but having the game right in front of me is going to be mighty tempting.

Baust

Really, really excited!

Aaand I'm glad it's the first of September's RPGs. Lets me really focus on it.

TraBuch

Banned
Alright, so I finished Cold Steel 1 a while ago with an A0 score in the quest thing, level 67, and the notebook incomplete. If I do NG+ to finish the notebook and get to level 80, will I need to do all those quests again to get the maximum bonus in the sequel? Or can it tell I did it in the first run?

And is there actually any incentive to finish the character section of the notebook? And does anything happen with the girl you choose to dance with? I kinda cheated to get a bunch of trophies at that spot and I can't actually remember who I ended up dancing with in the save file I beat the game on.

Psxphile

Alright, so I finished Cold Steel 1 a while ago with an A0 score in the quest thing, level 67, and the notebook incomplete. If I do NG+ to finish the notebook and get to level 80, will I need to do all those quests again to get the maximum bonus in the sequel? Or can it tell I did it in the first run?

And is there actually any incentive to finish the character section of the notebook? And does anything happen with the girl you choose to dance with? I kinda cheated to get a bunch of trophies at that spot and I can't actually remember who I ended up dancing with in the save file I beat the game on.

Your School rank does not carry over into New Game+, you'll need to earn it again if you want to carry it and everything you did in the second playthrough over for the rewards.

The profiles are just for the trophy, there's nothing else tied to it sans the thrill of completion.
Additional/altered dialogue is the only difference you'll see from your "chosen" partner, no gameplay is affected.

Vamphuntr

Really excited for this. Cold Steel I last few hours were great even if the whole game was quite boring so I'm hoping it starts in kiseki crazy mode right away. Won't probably be able to play for a while as I think Amazon will ship it with SMTIVA.

How beneficial would it be to start this game with a 100% save file from CS? Just started my Platinum run for that game and am wondering if I should wait.

Top Bottom