• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PC) |OT| Enter Erebonia

Psxphile

Can you show where this glitch is being discussed?

Edit: Is this about the New Game+ Max Bond Points (among other carryovers) or actually editing the values while in-game? If it's the latter, then my concern is lightened.

I assume this does not happen if you use the modified clear save.
Unfortunately source was 4chan so I can't link it. Someone posted being barred from opening the old schoolhouse's front door and assumed his use of Cheat engine to alter bond point values directly in-game was at fault (and that was all he used it for). Another poster chimed in that it happened to him too. Someone else showed them how to max bond points using the NG+ clear save and one or the other later confirmed he was able to enter and begin the quest using only the save file.

Though it is possible they may have just forgotten to talk to Vandyck before trying the door, he's supposed to hand you the key to get in right? Ha. Well whatever, it seemed like it could be a serious problem so I brought it up.

vkrili

The gorilla in Lunaria Park on Nightmare are pretty hard, just fought three at the same time, but in the end I prevailed. Anybody used the Scepter master quartz ? Debating if it's worth equipping.

You should absolutely put the Scepter quartz on someone, as early as possible. Characters like Elliot and Machias who have multi-targeting attacks, and whose original MQs are pretty crummy. The amount of extra sepith you'll gain will add up fast and will be more efficient down the line than if you stick to their originals.

alpha69

Aidios has forsaken me :(

5a01b9adc5b72ab63e3f36d4fd6a65da.png

I searched and tried all the fix I could find on the net but to no avail. Anyone else encountered this and found a fix?

T_T

Nyoro SF

Aidios has forsaken me :(

https://i.gyazo.com/5a01b9adc5b72ab63e3f36d4fd6a65da.png[IMG]

I searched and tried all the fix I could find on the net but to no avail. Anyone else encountered this and found a fix?

T_T[/QUOTE]

Someone on the Steam forum said they fixed the issue by uninstalling FFDShow, which is a codec of some sort.

alpha69

Someone on the Steam forum said they fixed the issue by uninstalling FFDShow, which is a codec of some sort.
I searched my PC but I don't see ffdshow anywhere, I do remember it in my CCCP installation so I removed that for now. Now I'm getting this error.

cab65dde7fe66de4d50dd5ec07fb2740.png

AIDIOS WHY!?

Psxphile

I searched my PC but I don't see ffdshow anywhere, I do remember it in my CCCP installation so I removed that for now. Now I'm getting this error.

AIDIOS WHY!?

I have CCCP installed and I don't have this issue. Did you have an old version before? Maybe reinstall the latest build and see if that does anything?

sorathecrow

Neo Member
That would have been nice when I was grinding for that sepith achievement before they reduced how much you needed to grind for.

Manatox

AIDIOS WHY!?

Also try to verify the files while you are at it. Some files might be corrupted, it's a really weird error :(

Edit: Also try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from the link. Someone with the same error for missing MSVCP100 fixed its issue on Steam.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Durante

AIDIOS WHY!?
That's normally Steam somehow failing to start the game. I've had it with other games. Try restarting Steam, and if that fails, restarting your PC.

Jolkien

You should absolutely put the Scepter quartz on someone, as early as possible. Characters like Elliot and Machias who have multi-targeting attacks, and whose original MQs are pretty crummy. The amount of extra sepith you'll gain will add up fast and will be more efficient down the line than if you stick to their originals.

Thanks, I'll do that ;)

alpha69

Also try to verify the files while you are at it. Some files might be corrupted, it's a really weird error :(

Is there a way to verify if the game is actually corrupted?
I really want to avoid redownloading only to get the same errors again.
It already took a whole day to download once with my slow DL speed :(

The fact that they are adding turbo mode to the sky saga is great news. No more having to resort to cheatengine to make the games more enjoyable (for me).

I'm a little bit worried about sales for Cold Steel though. I saw that around 900 people where playing an hour ago. To be fair I don't know if that's too little or normal for niche games.
Then there's also the fact of people like me having bought the game but not playing it because they already beat it not so long ago.

I suppose in some weeks we will see.

CSX

quick question about the extra voiced lines... Is it mainly just Rean or it's an even mix of the main cast?

Manatox

Is there a way to verify if the game is actually corrupted?
I really want to avoid redownloading only to get the same errors again.
It already took a whole day to download once with my slow DL speed :(

Right Click on Cold Steel at Steam>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Files

It will only download if something is corrupted, and only that corrupted part, not the whole game.

If that doesn't work, it's probably that Net Framework or something like this is missing (normally the game should have installed it, but it seems it didn't do it). I saw other people with similar problem as yours on Steam forums, tough i couldn't find it when looking now :(

vkrili

quick question about the extra voiced lines... Is it mainly just Rean or it's an even mix of the main cast?

It is mostly Rean, of course, but that's because he was the one who lacked the most. But unimportant NPCs, like the dudes you fight before the final boss of Chapter 1, or the people who come to greet you when you arrive in Bareahard, are also voiced now.

Thanks, I'll do that ;)

Fie is also a decent holder early on, since you'll want Rean to outspeed her so you can get Motivate on her, and she'll be doing a lot of Sweeping.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

It's been said roughly 40% of the new lines are Rean. Rean definitely has way more new lines than any other character, but there are a good amount of new lines from other characters.

kromeo

Not sure I like Laura's voice, the rest are all fine..

I know it's a slow start but it's been more interesting to me than Trails in the Sky opening so far

alpha69

Right Click on Cold Steel at Steam>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Files

It will only download if something is corrupted, and only that corrupted part, not the whole game.

If that doesn't work, it's probably that Net Framework or something like this is missing (normally the game should have installed it, but it seems it didn't do it). I saw other people with similar problem as yours on Steam forums, tough i couldn't find it when looking now :(
Tried and it seems there was no problem with the files. Bummer :(

Ascheroth

Tried and it seems there was no Bummer :(
Did you do what Durante suggested? Otherwise try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trails of Cold Steel\_CommonRedist (or wherever you installed it to) and try installing the redistributables manually.

Squire

Banned
Not sure I like Laura's voice, the rest are all fine..

I know it's a slow start but it's been more interesting to me than Trails in the Sky opening so far

She doesn't nail every line, but I think she does pretty well. You can feel her improve, too. That actress took over for Nargaret from P4 for the fighting game and o didn't like her then, honestly. She's much better now.

The opening is definitely much snappier than FC especially.

Ascheroth

She doesn't nail every line, but I think she does pretty well. You can feel her improve, too. That actress took over for Nargaret from P4 for the fighting game and o didn't like her then, honestly. She's much better now.

The opening is definitely much snappier than FC especially.
I really like Lauras voice.

Eh, it's still as much a slowburn as FC :p
I've played for 10 hours and just finished chapter one.

alpha69

Did you do what Durante suggested? Otherwise try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trails of Cold Steel\_CommonRedist (or wherever you installed it to) and try installing the redistributables manually.
I did but still the same error :(

Squire

Banned
I really like Lauras voice.

Eh, it's still as much a slowburn as FC :p
I've played for 10 hours and just finished chapter one.

Oh trust me, so do I!

I don't know, it's not that it's not relatively slow paced, but I found the things you do more interesting and of course the combat is much faster.

I just got to the start of chapter 2 after 12-13 hours myself and a lot of that time honestly flew by for me.

Oh trust me, so do I!

I don't know, it's not that it's not relatively slow paced, but I found the things you do more interesting and of course the combat is much faster.

I just got to the start of chapter 2 after 12-13 hours myself and a lot of that time honestly flew by for me.

Yea, purely story-wise, what happens in Cold Steel is more engaging and intriguing to me than what happens in Sky FC. The first few chapters of Sky FC is leaning hard on character interactions.

They are adding Turbo Mode to TiTs FC/SC/3C.

Praise.

Oh my god that will get me to play through all three of those. That is literally the one thing that has stopped me dead cold in my tracks from playing FC it just take soooo long for each battle.

Can't wait for that to happen!

vkrili

Should I finish Sky first before playing this?

You will get more out of the story and catch onto more of the foreshadowing that's going on (and probably flip out a couple of times when you spot a character you know), but it's not required. If you're already a good way into FC then you probably should.

For anyone not super happy with the camera controls, you can speed things up by using Pinnacle Game Profiler. Emulate the 360 Controller as default, assign mouse to R thumbstick and adjust sensitivity / mouse acceleration options to your liking.

Works great!

Sir Doom

You will get more out of the story and catch onto more of the foreshadowing that's going on (and probably flip out a couple of times when you spot a character you know), but it's not required. If you're already a good way into FC then you probably should.
I'm only 30 mins in the game.

Does Sky's story still hold up?

epmode

Absolutely.

If you're averse to using Cheat Engine to speed up combat (this is recommended), then waiting until Sara implements Turbo Mode might be a good idea.

Using Cheat Engine in Trails allows you to bind the turbo function to a shoulder button, exactly the same as it is in Cold Steel. It saves TONS of time with virtually no downsides (unless you like waiting through long mostly unskippable battle animations).

Ascheroth

Just did the Chapter 2 Free Day, and there's something I have to get off my chest:

God dammit Alan you dense idiot. Can't you see that you're worrying Bridget with your behaviour? Get a clue already.

Thud

Just did the Chapter 2 Free Day, and there's something I have to get off my chest:

God dammit Alan you dense idiot. Can't you see that you're worrying Bridget with your behaviour? Get a clue already.

Alan gets pretty awesome later on in CS2.

Durante

I just fixed the exceptional performance penalty of high quality DoF at high res / high MSAA levels. It should be up to 3x faster. As a side effect, normal DoF should also be ~10% faster when using MSAA.

Thoraxes

I just fixed the exceptional performance penalty of high quality DoF at high res / high MSAA levels. It should be up to 3x faster. As a side effect, normal DoF should also be ~10% faster when using MSAA.
Oh sweet, or as Becky would say: YAAAAASSSS

I couldn't get anything above 1080p with it on while maintaining at least 60FPS. With it off I was doing like 4k ~80FPS.

Knurek

Speaking of high end effects, any chance for SGSSAA support?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The first game barely has a story, it's completely reliant on you liking the character interactions. If you like the characters you'll probably like the game

Disagree, Sky FC has a story and it's probably my favorite of the Sky trilogy.

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
I have minor issues with punctuation and textboxes to report.

One of Rean's lines is missing a period during a chapter 3 conversation with Beryl.

In Elliot's chapter 3 bonding event, a line doesn't fit the textbox.

There's also a problem with voice acting in chapter 2. It happens during a scene near the end of day 1 of the field trip,
when the party is at the restaurant together, and Bleublanc trolls them a little
. One line isn't voiced at all, and the voice clip meant for it gets played for the following line. Apologies for not providing any screenshots. I assumed it was going to be a partially voiced scene and had skipped through the lines before my sleepy mind understood what happened. I don't remember the exact lines, but I think they were before
Bleublanc's appearance
. Could be wrong, though.

Top Bottom